Democracy In Egypt Is Bad For The United States

Let's face it. They hate us. No election in any Middle Eastern country is going to put in place a government that is friendly to our country or our primary ally, Israel.

It also doesn't help that Obama has been actively running this revolution from the White House. They don't want to give the impression this is an American operation but it's getting harder and harder to hide the fact. Guess it just depends on what people are willing to believe.

What's the difference between the kind of government takeover and regime-building Bush did in Iraq and Obama is doing in Egypt?

Why is Egypt of more strategic importance then Iraq is?

We've got some serious idiots currently running our government and we're powerless to stop them from screwing the pooch. What they're doing today will effect our lives for decades to come. It could mean the deaths of thousands of Israelis.

Really mud? This is sad. We have no right whatsoever to enslave a people. We have no right to enforce a government that we do not agree with on a people that are disposing of it. We are not an empire and we should not strive for that position. While we have great influence around the world with governments there is absolutely zero reason that I can think of that would ever give us the right to go in a stop an uprising of the PEOPLE to dispose of their government. This is a right that I believe you hold dear for Americans. Why do the Egyptians not have this right and why are you so willing to take it away from them? You do not have a crystal ball either and do not know what the final makeup of this new government is going to be. I noticed that you never mentioned the fact that the Muslim Brotherhood is no more than 20% of the people. It is highly unlikely that they can wield enough political power to bring about an anti Israeli government into power. Whatever government comes to power, we still have the ability to deal with them as before, just less influence.

It is telling how you could criticize Obama for Iran and do the same in one breath of his treatment of Egypt.

You are as blind as Obama. We are not obstructing Anything by not contributing to Riot and Anarchy. We are not enslaving by encouraging reason and Patience. You drank the Kool-Aid, didn't you. Obama Playing Caliphate? Is Egypt one of the 57 States???

What exactly is Obama going to do in Iraq? The Republicans already put an extreme right wing Islamic theocracy in place. Should Obama bomb the hell out of Iraq a second time? And then what?

Some messes can't be fixed.

Nice to see you support a dictator in Egypt. Not sure why it's Obama's fault, but if you say so.

I'm gonna go with what I can prove so far.

Mubarak gave a speech yesterday saying that he was willing to listen to the youth of Egypt, but not some foreign power telling him what to do. He meant those assholes in the White House telling him repeatedly to leave "Now".

So in effect, Obama's big mouth assured that a foreign president with a huge amount of personal pride would refuse to leave office, which most likely will result in even more violence today. The amateurish manner in which they've handled this matter is glaring. Everyone in the world is watching. What we get from Obama is nice sounding useless speeches and ham-bone stupidity in almost every facet of their administration. He is quickly losing any respect we had in the world that was left. Nobody trusts the United States of America anymore.

I don't support a dictator because he's a dictator, but I'd support him over a bunch of Muslim radicals bent on erasing the peace treaty that has been in effect between Israel and Egypt for over 30 years. I'd rather have peace then all out war.

What part of that don't you understand???

Our Administration is interfering with an Internal Problem in Egypt in a way that will most likely bring mass slaughter, and end in more Totalitarian Government sponsored by the Muslim Brotherhood. Assholes on this board that want to justify Incitement to Riot and Anarchy, claiming it is Democracy, all the time leading the people to slaughter is a disgrace. You are interfering with a process that is already bringing change. What is your trip??? It is not fast enough? Why are you leading, rather than supporting? Why are you Exciting, rather than encouraging pause and reason? Is this the path Thoreau, Martin Luther King, or Gandhi would have chosen??? Egypt is being played, to what end??? What is not Totalitarian about the Muslim Brotherhood??? You could not be more wrong in what you do.

qft!:clap2:

Let's face it. They hate us. No election in any Middle Eastern country is going to put in place a government that is friendly to our country or our primary ally, Israel.

We supported democracy in Iran.

Remember McCain telling Obama that he needs to do more to support the Iranian uprising last year?

THEN Obama wanted to stay out of it and let the situation play-out without US interference. NOW he's pushing Mubarak out with both feet. Neither side in this nation knows what it wants when it comes to democracy in the Middle East, so why not leave it alone and let the Middle East be the Middle East.

Are you asking what is the difference between Bush's policy on Iraq and Obama's policy on Egypt? Seriously? If you were to ask what the difference between Obama and Bush's policy on Iraq, I'd say barely anything.

But come on. We are not nation building in Egypt. We are not occupying Egypt. We don't have a right to stop people from ousting their own President. That's their business.

We've got some serious idiots currently running our government and we're powerless to stop them from screwing the pooch. What they're doing today will effect our lives for decades to come. It could mean the deaths of thousands of Israelis.

Seriously we don't have a CLUE who will be running Egypt over the next few years and you already are declaring the death of Israel and blaming it on Obama. That's fucking rediculous. Mubarak can clamp down power now, but what good will it do to have angered the protestors even more? I would love to see a stable Egypt, but I sympathize greatly with those who just can't sit under Mubarak's dictatorship anymore. Americans wouldn't take a 30 year dictatorship or a three year dictatorship, or a two day dictatorship. So why should Egyptians?

Mubarak blamed it on Obama.

Did you even know up until 20 days ago that Egypt was such a mess??? Did you know who the Muslim Brotherhood was before then???

Aren't you uncomfortable with our president being so friendly with the Muslim Brotherhood??? Isn't it a problem to you that Obama has taken such an active role in the Egyptian revolution?????

Don't you question anything??????

It's frightening how brainwashed the Obama lemmings are. I can't imagine walking lock-step with anything much less a political regime. The Obama Administration had talks with the Muslim Brotherhood beginning a year ago, plotting the downfall of Mubarak. What bother's me is that the left thinks anything is justified that this man does. Stabbing an ally in the back, consorting with a group who has direct links to terror, while at the same time placing American troops in harms way is a HUGE RED FLAG.

It also doesn't help that Obama has been actively running this revolution from the White House. They don't want to give the impression this is an American operation but it's getting harder and harder to hide the fact. Guess it just depends on what people are willing to believe.

What's the difference between the kind of government takeover and regime-building Bush did in Iraq and Obama is doing in Egypt?

For years we have proclaimed that we support democracy throughout the world. But what if those new democracies oppose the US? It has always been assumed that any country with a democratic government would be friendly with US. We may just have to change our propaganda.

A belated congratulations to Hamas in Palestine.
Democracy at work is a beautiful thing.

Really mud? This is sad. We have no right whatsoever to enslave a people. We have no right to enforce a government that we do not agree with on a people that are disposing of it. We are not an empire and we should not strive for that position. While we have great influence around the world with governments there is absolutely zero reason that I can think of that would ever give us the right to go in a stop an uprising of the PEOPLE to dispose of their government. This is a right that I believe you hold dear for Americans. Why do the Egyptians not have this right and why are you so willing to take it away from them? You do not have a crystal ball either and do not know what the final makeup of this new government is going to be. I noticed that you never mentioned the fact that the Muslim Brotherhood is no more than 20% of the people. It is highly unlikely that they can wield enough political power to bring about an anti Israeli government into power. Whatever government comes to power, we still have the ability to deal with them as before, just less influence.

It is telling how you could criticize Obama for Iran and do the same in one breath of his treatment of Egypt.

You are as blind as Obama. We are not obstructing Anything by not contributing to Riot and Anarchy. We are not enslaving by encouraging reason and Patience. You drank the Kool-Aid, didn't you. Obama Playing Caliphate? Is Egypt one of the 57 States???

What, exactly, did you think I was trying to say here?

And why do you think that is?
What a total mess the USA and Israel have made in their relations with Arab countries.
You might have thought that Israel, especially, would have thought it prudent to try to be friends with their neighbours.

Remember when the consensus on the Right was support for Bush and his war in Iraq?

Remember when we were told that the war in Iraq would serve to spread democracy throughout the Middle East?

Remember when those of us who opposed the war were mocked and ridiculed for being skeptical of such nonsense?

Well look who's stupid now.

Remember when the consensus on the Right was support for Bush and his war in Iraq?

Remember when we were told that the war in Iraq would serve to spread democracy throughout the Middle East?

Remember when those of us who opposed the war were mocked and ridiculed for being skeptical of such nonsense?

It's a bit early to be smug.
Just wait until they find those WMDs!!!

ANYTHING to oppose Obama. You should be ashamed of yourself for making such a stupid post.

It's a bit early to be smug.
Just wait until they find those WMDs!!!

Yep. After the WMD's went the way of unicorns and the Tooth Fairy, the replacement rationale for the war was 'liberating' the Iraqi people and spreading 'democracy' throughout the ME.

Now, the pro-war Right is deciding THAT idea is some dangerous crazy notion thought up by the Obama administration in the last 2 weeks, and is going to destroy the world.

I guess the best irony of this sudden rightwing love of tyranny for the sake of expediency is

that for the last 2 years we've had to listen to the teabagger crowd, cut from the same cloth,

railing against supposed 'tyranny' HERE and invoking the Declaration of Independence and all other manner of founding father's justification for revolt, armed rebellion, insurrection,

and secession.

Now they've suddenly decided they're BFF's with Mubarak and every other autocrat in the ME,

as long as it lets them OPPOSE OBAMA.

Pathetic.

Remember when Obama said he would close Gitmo?

Remember when Obama said he would bring US troops home?

Remember when Obama said he would put a bill on the Whitehouse.gov site 5 days prior to any votes or signing of the bill?

Where are all the war protesters? I'm guessing since you opposed the war in Iraq you're out there with your little painted sign, protesting an increased troop level in Afghanistan after all we wouldn't want you to look like a big fat hyopcrite, would we?

Remember when Obama said he would put a bill on the Whitehouse.gov site 5 days prior to any votes or signing of the bill?

Where are all the war protesters? I'm guessing since you opposed the war in Iraq you're out there with your little painted sign, protesting an increased troop level in Afghanistan after all we wouldn't want you to look like a big fat hyopcrite, would we?

Quit trying to change the subject.

I opposed the troop escalation in Afghanistan and am on record on this forum having done so.

Did you support the Iraq war? Did you support the spreading of democracy via the Iraq war?

Quit trying to change the subject.

I opposed the troop escalation in Afghanistan and am on record on this forum having done so.

Did you support the Iraq war? Did you support the spreading of democracy via the Iraq war?

LMFAO!!! Change the subject??!! You were the one who brought up how you were heckled for opposing the war in Iraq. I don't see you or any of your comrades out with signs opposing DingleBarry's war in Afghanistan?! What I find amazing is the same people who are now wailing and frothing at the mouth over Egypt and democracy, HAMMERED Booooooooooooosh on Iraqi's and their right to freedom. Can you say HYPOCRITE?!

It's funny that you had an entirely different attitude when you were supporting and justifying 4000+ Americans getting killed in Iraq:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3019459-post55.html

So I guess encouraging 'reason and patience' THEN didn't have as much charm for you. I guess getting 4000+ Americans needlessly killed was more appealing then,

maybe because Obama wasn't president then?

It's funny that you had an entirely different attitude when you were supporting and justifying 4000+ Americans getting killed in Iraq:

So I guess encouraging 'reason and patience' THEN didn't have as much charm for you. I guess getting 4000+ Americans needlessly killed was more appealing then,

Post where I justified the deaths of Americans?? DO IT. SO much for your truthfulness Carb. Is that all you have? To make up shit in order to deflect the nasty truth of your own hypocrisy??

The Mubarak lovers needn't worry. We'll still have our brains taxed out in order to buy off the next foreign leaders, just like you want.

One puppet will replace another, my paycheck will be less in order to give the next puppet money and those of you who think we should put in extra hours of work to pay for Israel's nukes, missiles and biological weapons will get your wish.

If you believe in democracy than there is no choice but to believe in democracy.

It is the best form of government there is.

You should support it for ANY human beings on the planet.

Democracy changes countries.

Free open expression of ideas changes countries and people.

It is the ONLY hope for peace in the midEast or anywhere

Post where I justified the deaths of Americans?? DO IT. SO much for your truthfulness Carb. Is that all you have? To make up shit in order to deflect the nasty truth of your own hypocrisy??

that post wasn't directed at you, you daft cow.

New Topics

Forum List

Back