Democatic Healthcare Bill... Will Your Rep. Read It?

My Rep doesn't need to read it. He just needs to ask Nancy Pelosi what his vote is supposed to be.

When people play naive and say they haven't seen it, lie straight up. The current proposal has been online for over a week' They only need 50+1 and I do not see anyone stopping this bill!

I will tell you this if this bill does go to the Senate and is merged with the Senate bill and eventually passes on a simple majority, then those that voted for it as well as those that are in the party that voted for it along party lines are in for a very rude awakening when the next election comes around and it's my belief that President Obama is a little more intelligent than that and recognizes that its political suicide to pass legislation like this one that impacts all Americans on a simple majority vote. While I do believe that the Reid , Pelosi faction in the democrat party will force a vote in the Senate along simple majority lines it will require debate being cut off first and that requires 60. If they attempt to go the budget path then you will have points of order brought into play with the creation of an entire new department within the Federal Govt. using the bidget reconciliation process.

In the Senate, total debate on a reconciliation bill is limited to 20 hours, although the actual time for consideration of the omnibus package often exceeds this time limit set in the Budget Act. Motions and amendments may be offered and considered without debate at the end of this time period. There are also restrictions on the content of a reconciliation package and on the amendments which may be offered to it. For example, any amendment to the bill that is not germane, would add extraneous material, would cause deficit levels to increase, or that contains recommendations with respect to the Social Security program, is not in order. The Budget Act also maintains that reconciliation provisions must be related to reconciling the budget. For example, section 313 of the Budget Act, more commonly known as the "Byrd Rule", provides a point of order in the Senate against extraneous matter in reconciliation bills.

A provision is considered to be extraneous if it falls under one or more of the
following six definitions:
! it does not produce a change in outlays or revenues;
! it produces an outlay increase or revenue decrease when the
instructed committee is not in compliance with its instructions;
! it is outside of the jurisdiction of the committee that submitted the
title or provision for inclusion in the reconciliation measure;
! it produces a change in outlays or revenues which is merely
incidental to the non-budgetary components of the provision;
! it would increase the deficit for a fiscal year beyond the “budget
window” covered by the reconciliation measure;10 and
! it recommends changes in Social Security.

So yes, parts of the bill can be passed in this process should it all be put together in one big omni-bus spending bill, however you still have a problem with the "public option" portion of it because it falls under the Byrd Rule and still requires 60 votes and falls outside the process. Rather than alienate a very larger percentage of Americans that will most likely be less than pleased if this bill passes on a simple majority , perhaps it would be best to compromise? now theres a novel idea.

It seems [from your non attributed source] that the public option would meet the Byrd Criteria. The CBO says it would cut the deficit [although the Blue Dogs made it cost $85B more by refusing to tie it to Medicare reimbursements and which then automatically made it more of a government option, inserting governmental cost controls rather than competitive triggers........ good going assholes!!].

All the other stuff would be in the "extraneous" column, like no more preexisting conditions, no more recissions, etc........

My representative has proudly pronounced that he won't read it and won't vote for it.

My Representative will read it in it's entirety if Nazi Pelosi tells him to. There is little doubt in my mind that this man would walk to Washington DC in his bare feet on broken glass just to hear Nazi Pelosi fart through a bull horn.

Other than that he will vote the way she tells him to.

My Representative will read it in it's entirety if Nazi Pelosi tells him to. There is little doubt in my mind that this man would walk to Washington DC in his bare feet on broken glass just to hear Nazi Pelosi fart through a bull horn.

Other than that he will vote the way she tells him to.

The trash never ventures far from the trailer.

It's funny that liberals won't answer this question yet they will support their representative when they vote for it....

People voting for things they have no clue about.... only in America!!! Thanks liberals!!!!

I wouldn't read it. Its 1600+ pages

I would delegate subject matter experts to read the document and report to me on key aspects and provisions that will impact my constituents.

Any representative that tells you he reads and understands every paragraph is lying

No most of them are illiterate morons, incompetant to even read a newspaper. If not working for the Government most would be on the unemployment line unless they could find a job as a moron or payed dumbass!!!

I would delegate subject matter experts to read the document and report to me on key aspects and provisions that will impact my constituents.

Any representative that tells you he reads and understands every paragraph is lying

It's LARGER than that...try again, and even THIS ONE is not in it's final form...

No most of them are illiterate morons, incompetant to even read a newspaper. If not working for the Government most would be on the unemployment line unless they could find a job as a moron or payed dumbass!!!

Word has it that the Congress that is foisting this didn't write it in the first place...but interesting that they are willing to sign onto something they didn't write?

Seems to me that this should disqulify it on the face of it.

It's LARGER than that...try again, and even THIS ONE is not in it's final form...

No Representative is going to read every tedious paragraph. That is why they have staff.

You get subject matter experts to read the document and point out critical sections.

Who is shitting who anyway? Democrats will all vote yes and republicans will all vote no.

What good does reading the bill do?

No Representative is going to read every tedious paragraph. That is why they have staff.

You get subject matter experts to read the document and point out critical sections.

Who is shitting who anyway? Democrats will all vote yes and republicans will all vote no.

What good does reading the bill do?

I see but WHOM is ultimately responsible for it? Nice try. I don't buy into what you're selling.

Forum List

Back