Demint: Raise the debt ceiling..

The have not been raised. How can they be cut?
Obviously the the 2011 tax rates are the ones that will be cut.

If the tax rates will not be higher in 2011 according to the law Bush passed and is now in effect, then what is the tax uncertainty that CON$ claim is preventing job creation while under the full effect of the Bush tax cuts?

I'm not quite following your counterargument DiveCon.
hes making a strawman

I wouldn't say it's as bad as all that.

I see what Sallow is saying. What the government should be doing about the job crisis is stimulus spending. Do you really think that Democrats absolutely refused to compromise with Republicans and make stimulus packages with provisions that would pay them down over time? Republicans have been stamping their feet saying "NO NO NO" this whole time to rising national debt.

Now, suddenly, the tune has changed to "Well, national debt is OK if we make cuts that will eventually pay it down."

I'm not quite following your counterargument DiveCon.
hes making a strawman

I wouldn't say it's as bad as all that.

I see what Sallow is saying. What the government should be doing about the job crisis is stimulus spending. Do you really think that Democrats absolutely refused to compromise with Republicans and make stimulus packages with provisions that would pay them down over time? Republicans have been stamping their feet saying "NO NO NO" this whole time to rising national debt.

Now, suddenly, the tune has changed to "Well, national debt is OK if we make cuts that will eventually pay it down."
no, the tune hasnt changed
this happens every time the debt needs to be raised

Bwuh?

DeMint also addressed what he think Republicans should do about raising the debt ceiling when Congress returns so the government can continue to print and spend money.

“I think Republicans will say no,” DeMint told CNN’s Chief National Correspondent John King. “Unless that raising of the debt ceiling is accompanied by some dramatic spending cuts, something that would direct us toward a balanced budget in the future, Republicans will not support an increase in the debt limit.”
DeMint on GOP future – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Raising the debt ceiling?

Already??

Yes, and they are going to extend the Bush tax cuts for the rich which will add $700 billion to the deficit.

But they are all for cutting the deficit!

Forum List

Back