Demint: Raise the debt ceiling..

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Bwuh?

DeMint also addressed what he think Republicans should do about raising the debt ceiling when Congress returns so the government can continue to print and spend money.

“I think Republicans will say no,” DeMint told CNN’s Chief National Correspondent John King. “Unless that raising of the debt ceiling is accompanied by some dramatic spending cuts, something that would direct us toward a balanced budget in the future, Republicans will not support an increase in the debt limit.”
DeMint on GOP future – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Raising the debt ceiling?

Already??

Bwuh?

DeMint also addressed what he think Republicans should do about raising the debt ceiling when Congress returns so the government can continue to print and spend money.

“I think Republicans will say no,” DeMint told CNN’s Chief National Correspondent John King. “Unless that raising of the debt ceiling is accompanied by some dramatic spending cuts, something that would direct us toward a balanced budget in the future, Republicans will not support an increase in the debt limit.”

Already??

1. Because it's one of the first things that they will have to decide on.

2. Because all the talking heads are, well, talking about it. I think I've seen three other threads on that question today, prior to DeMint commenting on it.

Bwuh?

Already??
um, did you NOT read that in context?

Bwuh?

Already??
This would be a dream scenario for the Democrats. Not raising the debt ceiling would cause a financial crisis as bad as 2008. Remember the government is a third of the GNP.

They'll have to raise the ceiling to cover the $Trillion cost of the tax cut to the richest Americans.

Bwuh?

Already??

[youtube]ZVC2j_Kdw8c[/youtube]

:lol:

Bwuh?

Already??

This is what DC is missing

Leonidas%20and%20Persian%20Messenger%203.jpg

Bwuh?

Already??
This would be a dream scenario for the Democrats. Not raising the debt ceiling would cause a financial crisis as bad as 2008. Remember the government is a third of the GNP.

You mean the impending collapse if TARP was not passed?

The same TARP that still has hundreds of billions unspent?

That crisis?

Bwuh?

Already??
um, did you NOT read that in context?

I like the way DeMint framed that.

Bwuh?

Already??

I can't wait to bump and quote all those threads/posts by the resident wingnuts mocking the Democrats the last time they raised the debt ceiling. Luckily the word 'ceiling' is a good search word.

Forum List

Back