DeMint: No more apologizing for Wilson

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Rep. Joe Wilson's home-state senator says he doesn't expect the South Carolina congressman to apologize on the House floor, as House Democrats are demanding.

"I don't think he's going to do any more apologizing," Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) said in an interview at the Taxpayer March on Washington. "They just don't want to talk about the bill."

DeMint said he has talked to Wilson, and he defended the conservative Congressman for shouting "You lie!" at President Obama during his address to a joint session of Congress this week.

"I'm glad he apologized for saying it in that setting, but he was telling the truth," DeMint said. "Walking around here I've had many people say 'We support Joe.'"

DeMint: No more apologizing for Wilson - TheHill.com

Rep. Joe Wilson's home-state senator says he doesn't expect the South Carolina congressman to apologize on the House floor, as House Democrats are demanding.

"I don't think he's going to do any more apologizing," Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) said in an interview at the Taxpayer March on Washington. "They just don't want to talk about the bill."

DeMint said he has talked to Wilson, and he defended the conservative Congressman for shouting "You lie!" at President Obama during his address to a joint session of Congress this week.

"I'm glad he apologized for saying it in that setting, but he was telling the truth," DeMint said. "Walking around here I've had many people say 'We support Joe.'"

I don't think Pelosi will be happy until she's... :whip: ... Joe Wilson on the House floor!

Dems need to stop beating a dead horse

They have made their point, he apologized....no need to drag this out

no apology necessary, he should have called obam a FUCKING LIAR and just the pansy easy out line of "liar"

I called both my senators offices yesterday and asked them to show Joe Wilson some support AND asked why they both just sat there and listened to the lies.

During a State of the Union Speech no less?

It's there for ALL to see. Him along with his willing Statist Accomplices in the Democrat Party during the speech...

Applauding their own obstuctionism...

But yet these people wanna admonish Wilson? Don't think so.

When are those asses ever gonna apologize for disrupting Bushs' Speech?

We are still waiting on that front. The cobwebs grow thick...

Gateway Pundit: Front & Center... Guess Which Hopey-Changer Interrupted Bush's Speech in 2006?

It's there for ALL to see. Him along with his willing Statist Accomplices in the Democrat Party during the speech...

Gateway Pundit: Front & Center... Guess Which Hopey-Changer Interrupted Bush's Speech in 2006?

well let us be honest even if they won't. obamalama accepted the apology, it's clayburn from sc. who wants the public lynching and pelosi who after saying she wouldn't now will,, just another example of why we cannot trust assholes.

well let us be honest even if they won't. obamalama accepted the apology, it's clayburn from sc. who wants the public lynching and pelosi who after saying she wouldn't now will,, just another example of why we cannot trust assholes.

Very true, but I would use the qualifier of Hypocritical Statist assholes.

Wilson was rude, but he was right. Obama and Pelosi should apologize to America for making Wilson's rude behavior necessary in order to get a verification of legal status process into the health care bill.

Forum List

Back