Dem vs Repub simply explained

stivex

puts the gu in guru
Jul 4, 2008
Virginia
A good story you can tell even your youngest child and they will know the difference between a liberal Democrat and a conservative Republican:

I remember the time that Catherine, one of my daughter Shannon's friends when she was little, told me that she wanted to be President one day. Both of her parents are liberal Democrats and were standing there with us - and I asked Catherine, 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?'

Catherine replied, 'I would give houses to all the homeless people.'

'Wow, what a worthy goal you have there, Catherine.' I told her, 'You don't have to wait until you are President to do that, you can come over to my house and clean up all the dog poop in the back yard and I will pay you $5. Then we can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $5 to use for a new house.'

Catherine, who was about 4, thought that over for a second, while her mom looked at me, and Catherine replied, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and clean up the dog poop and you can pay him the $5.'

Welcome to the Republican Party, Catherine. :lol:

Please send your address and where I can send the twenty dollars for four homes? Thanks, I'll wait for the address and rest assured the poop will be cleaned too as an extra, no charge, considering what a bargain this.

Dissent Magazine
Project Syndicate

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Deer-Hunting-Jesus-Dispatches-Americas/dp/0307339378/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215176375&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Deer Hunting with Jesus: Dispatches from America's Class War: Joe Bageant: Books[/ame]

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

With this quote are you actually trying to say the only way to support American Principles is to vote for liberals who you say will keep gov out of your lives?

I normally trying to refrain from throwing around Insults, but I am sorry man, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone say. Liberals are the ones who want to bring GOV into every part of our lives, not the other way around.

You have this completely backwards.

With this quote are you actually trying to say the only way to support American Principles is to vote for liberals who you say will keep gov out of your lives?

I normally trying to refrain from throwing around Insults, but I am sorry man, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard anyone say. Liberals are the ones who want to bring GOV into every part of our lives, not the other way around.

You have this completely backwards.

I disagree. They both want to bring GOV into every part of our lives, they've just prioritized differently.

A good story you can tell even your youngest child and they will know the difference between a liberal Democrat and a conservative Republican:

I remember the time that Catherine, one of my daughter Shannon's friends when she was little, told me that she wanted to be President one day. Both of her parents are liberal Democrats and were standing there with us - and I asked Catherine, 'If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?'

'Wow, what a worthy goal you have there, Catherine.' I told her, 'You don't have to wait until you are President to do that, you can come over to my house and clean up all the dog poop in the back yard and I will pay you $5. Then we can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $5 to use for a new house.'

Catherine, who was about 4, thought that over for a second, while her mom looked at me, and Catherine replied, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and clean up the dog poop and you can pay him the $5.'

I'm a liberal democrat, and even I get that. LOL. GREAT Analogy.

That doesn't mean I agree with you. When oil companies get subsodized while they gouge us, and they don't need the money, I would rather give it to the less fortunate.

Most of the people that need help are not homeless bums hanging around the supermarket.

But still, great analogy. You got us on this one. Burn!!!

What a gross oversimplification. Here are some answers to Catherine’s question:

He might be severely mentally and physically handicapped. He might be retarded. He might be incapable of being self reliant and caking care of himself or getting even a menial job.

Multiply the $5 by 6 and the homeless person might be able to pay rent for a day. He needs much more than he could readily earn picking up poop in order to survive – but he might not be able to do anything else. You might convince him to work some to earn some money and you could help him along the way by donating a tiny bit of your allowance. We might also allow him to stay in the spare room in the basement until he can walk on his own.

Difference between Democrats and Republicans. Republicans double, triple or quadruple the debt when they get into office. Very easy to get yourself out of a recession when you just open up a credit card in your grandkids name and let them worry about that later:

In order to cover newly-spawned federal budget deficits, the United States borrowed heavily both domestically and abroad, raising the national debt from $700 billion to $3 trillion.[101] Reagan described the new debt as the "greatest disappointment" of his presidency.[101]

Here is the simplest difference between Dems and Repubs...

If you believe in taking care of yourself you are a Republican. If you believe in the government taking care of you, you are a Democrat... It's that simple, look at the policies. The Democrats always want to create government programs to help people where the Republicans (except for Bush lately) believe in smaller government and believe in letting the people take care of themselves...

Sadly though more and more people find it easier to let someone else take care of them.

Forum List

Back