Dem pollster warns that voters will scoff at claims of recovery

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
links in article at site

SNIP:

posted at 11:00 am on February 24, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Barack Obama wants to ask for a second term as President on the message that “America is back,” claiming that he has pulled the nation into a path for prosperity and job creation. That will come as a big surprise to American workers, who have not seen any improvement in their job situation or economic position, warns Democratic pollster Stanley Greenberg:

Democratic pollster Stanley Greenberg is out with a must-read polling memo this morning, which offers some eye-opening advice to President Obama and his re-election team. After testing several of the president’s economic messages, he finds the argument that the economy is back on the right track polls miserably – and “produces disastrous results.”

“It is weaker than even the weakest Republican message and is 10 points weaker in intensity than either Republican message,” Greenberg wrote. “A third said this message made them less likely to support Barack Obama. Alarmingly, this message barely receives majority support among self-identified Democrats – and even less support among all other groups.”

The memo reads as a glaring wake-up call to the White House, which has been trumpeting improving economic figures lately. Greenberg notes that voters are reporting “no improvement” in their job situation since last June, and have experienced reduced wages and benefits and health insurance coverage. The picture Greenberg’s polling paints is an America public still deeply pessimistic about their future, and skeptical of Obama’s handling of the economy.

Even Democrats scoff at Obama’s claims on job creation, Greenberg warns in his analysis:

read it all with comments.
Dem pollster warns that voters will scoff at claims of recovery « Hot Air

All I have to do is add up what it costs me for gasoline, groceries, energy, and insurance.. that's all the information I need..

tell all your friends to add that shit up.

All I have to do is add up what it costs me for gasoline, groceries, energy, and insurance.. that's all the information I need..

tell all your friends to add that shit up.

you got that right.

My husband was behind a young couple yesterday at the store, They were discussing what they could buy with ten dollars. "Maybe some hamburger meat and bread and milk. If all I had was ten dollars I'd spend it on beans and rice..

It's a sad situation and it doesn't have to be this way. That man could buy some groceries if he had a job on that pipeline that obama threw away.

Forum List

Back