Dem. lawmaker: To get gun control, Obama must ‘exploit’ shooting

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
here it is people
links in article at site

SNIP:
A veteran Democratic lawmaker believes the nation will go along with stronger gun control laws if President Obama “exploits” the Newtown, Conn., tragedy and nudges Congress to action.

snip:
Mr. Nadler was asked whether the Newtown tragedy could be the turning point in many Democrats’ longstanding struggle to enact stronger gun laws.

“I think we will be there if the president exploits it, and otherwise we’ll go on to the next” incident, Mr. Nadler said.

all of it here with comments
Read more: Dem. lawmaker: To get gun control, Obama must 'exploit' shooting - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Ain't gonna happen. Too much evidence so called 'gun control' doesn't work. It hasn't worked in states with the toughest gun control laws and it hasn't worked in countries that banned civilian gun ownership...including the outright confiscation of existing privately owned firearms.

In fact, gun crime is highest in those states with the strictest gun control laws. As other states loosened their gun laws and issued more and more conceal carry permits, gun crime decreased. Further, after banning guns in other countries, gun crime actually increased (the UK and Australia being prime examples).

That said, I understand logic and reason have nothing to do with this debate. It's about what FEELS right...:eusa_eh:

Oh look. A moral-less sack of shit using the words of ONE Dem to exloit this tragedy for her own partisan reasons. How honorable of you.

Ain't gonna happen. Too much evidence so called 'gun control' doesn't work. It hasn't worked in states with the toughest gun control laws and it hasn't worked in countries that banned civilian gun ownership...including the outright confiscation of existing privately owned firearms.

In fact, gun crime is highest in those states with the strictest gun control laws. As other states loosened their gun laws and issued more and more conceal carry permits, gun crime decreased. Further, after banning guns in other countries, gun crime actually increased (the UK and Australia being prime examples).

That said, I understand logic and reason have nothing to do with this debate. It's about what FEELS right...:eusa_eh:

It works in Japan.

Oh look. A moral-less sack of shit using the words of ONE Dem to exloit this tragedy for her own partisan reasons. How honorable of you.

so sorry dude, he's from the Democrat party..
bitch at him

From what I understood he had an AR-15 but it appeared to not have been used. All of the shootings were 9mm pistols that were legally purchased and stolen from his Mother...who I have a suspicion purchased them for her son at an earlier date. Kind of have a hard time believing the Mother bought 5 guns including an AR-15 for herself alone.

bitch at him

I'm talking about you, sack of shit.

am I suppose to give a shit?

don't see you in the other threads bitching about the exploiting of this tragedy..so go take a flying leap or have a drink or something

Last edited:
Well yes logic would tell you that if obama used to tradegy for gun control it would be hard to argue against.

But then logic tells you that this works really for anyone sitting in office. So the dem isn't telling you anything surprising.

How do you think we got the patriot act op?

here it is people
links in article at site

SNIP:
A veteran Democratic lawmaker believes the nation will go along with stronger gun control laws if President Obama “exploits” the Newtown, Conn., tragedy and nudges Congress to action.

snip:
Mr. Nadler was asked whether the Newtown tragedy could be the turning point in many Democrats’ longstanding struggle to enact stronger gun laws.

“I think we will be there if the president exploits it, and otherwise we’ll go on to the next” incident, Mr. Nadler said.

all of it here with comments
Read more: Dem. lawmaker: To get gun control, Obama must 'exploit' shooting - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
And several liberals, mostly newby obama worshiping trash, threw themselves into a fit of delusion because I commented on how the PRESS was lying about obama's nonexistant tears?

The level of hypocrisy and irony that comes from the left is absolutely fucking MIND NUMBING. Liberals truly are TRASH.

bitch at him

You've worked yourself into a lather and you look like an idiot.

You'd do yourself a favor by just shutting the fuck up and reflecting for a day or so.

You're off in lala land.

It works in Japan.

WRONG Kimosabe.

In Japan, the total murder rate is almost 1 per 100,000. In the U.S., there are about 3.2 murders per 100,000 people each year by weapons other than firearms. This means that even if firearms in the U.S. could be eliminated, the U.S. would still have three times the murder rate of the Japanese. Whereas Japan’s murder rate may be low, its suicide rate is over 20 per 100,000 people. Combined, Japanese are being murdered and committing suicide at a rate of about 21 per 100,000. In the U.S., our combined murder and suicide rate is also about 21.

From what I understood he had an AR-15 but it appeared to not have been used. All of the shootings were 9mm pistols that were legally purchased and stolen from his Mother...who I have a suspicion purchased them for her son at an earlier date. Kind of have a hard time believing the Mother bought 5 guns including an AR-15 for herself alone.

This is based solely on your opinion His mother was supposed to be educated because after all she was a teacher in one of the most liberal part of America New England states. I doubt she bought those firearms for him knowing he was mentally ill.
Though I will say that's my opinion.

You've worked yourself into a lather and you look like an idiot.

You'd do yourself a favor by just shutting the fuck up and reflecting for a day or so.

You're off in lala land.

Who gives a shit about your opinion welcher.

I'm here just because I know how much you and your filthy libroid brothers HATE IT!

Now DEAL WITH IT or LEAVE jackoff ... :lol:

Last edited:
Nutjobs so concerned rights will be taken away from a government we elect.

Have you noticed it's the same nutjobs who indulge in voter suppression, fight against gay rights, women's rights, racial equality and education? The people who need protection are us from them.

Nutjobs so concerned rights will be taken away from a government we elect.

Have you noticed it's the same nutjobs who indulge in voter suppression, fight against gay rights, women's rights, racial equality and education? The people who need protection are us from them.

Really, moron? You need protection from people who believe in FREEDOM?

You're brain is so pumped full of liberal TRASH you're truly incapable of reasonable thought.

nutjobs so concerned rights will be taken away from a government we elect.

oh spare us the dumb shit...we need protection from you idiots spewing all over us

Last edited:

Forum List

Back