Dem Dirty Trick - Fake Tea Party Registration

B'loney. The Tea Party movement is well know with a specific agenda. A group with the opposite agenda donning the name is disingenuous at best - and to many of us, highly unethical.

Since the "Tea Party" is a "completely de-centralized, grass roots, citizen's movement" without any "official leadership" then who is to say a group of citizens can't form their own version of the "Tea Party" in this state?

Once again, you guys don't get to have it both ways.

But, glad to see we are stuck on "disingenuous" and "unethical", which are the typical whines of someone that has no other recourse.

Not surprising that you are okay with that.

Damn right. I think it's hysterical when you guys try and straddle rhetorical fences only to fall and get barbed wire in your nuts.

Court to hear suit over Tea Party name | Reuters

While Tea Partiers generally oppose federal government intervention, they have turned to the federal court to resolve a dispute that arose after Fred O'Neal, a central Florida lawyer and longtime anti-tax crusader, registered the "Tea Party" as a Florida political party in August.

O'Neal said the name is an acronym for the "Taxed Enough Already" party and that he hoped to recruit candidates to run against both Democrats and Republicans.

Nearly three dozen people and groups who called themselves part of the Tea Party movement filed suit against O'Neal and two associates in January, accusing them of trying to "hijack" the movement and confuse the public.

"They're trying to promote candidates that we wouldn't support," said plaintiff Everett Wilkinson, who has been active in Tea Party events and groups. "The people trust us more than the political parties. We work hard to keep that trust."

The plaintiffs said O'Neal's group is a "fake" Tea Party, a claim he scoffs at.

"I looked for the rule book but I never found it," O'Neal said on Tuesday. "I don't know what it takes to be an authentic Tea Party versus a fake Tea Party." ..

Hilarious. Once again, you live by decentralization you die by it.

Will the real Tea Party please stand up, please stand up?

Court to hear suit over Tea Party name | Reuters

While Tea Partiers generally oppose federal government intervention, they have turned to the federal court to resolve a dispute that arose after Fred O'Neal, a central Florida lawyer and longtime anti-tax crusader, registered the "Tea Party" as a Florida political party in August.

O'Neal said the name is an acronym for the "Taxed Enough Already" party and that he hoped to recruit candidates to run against both Democrats and Republicans.

Nearly three dozen people and groups who called themselves part of the Tea Party movement filed suit against O'Neal and two associates in January, accusing them of trying to "hijack" the movement and confuse the public.

"They're trying to promote candidates that we wouldn't support," said plaintiff Everett Wilkinson, who has been active in Tea Party events and groups. "The people trust us more than the political parties. We work hard to keep that trust."

The plaintiffs said O'Neal's group is a "fake" Tea Party, a claim he scoffs at.

"I looked for the rule book but I never found it," O'Neal said on Tuesday. "I don't know what it takes to be an authentic Tea Party versus a fake Tea Party." ..

Hilarious. Once again, you live by decentralization you die by it.

Will the real Tea Party please stand up, please stand up?

the want help from the gubmint? :lol:

Why did the article not mention the name of the "left leaning group" they had found ties to?

I smell a rat at Zarko research

The organization is Progressive Campaigns Inc.

Zarko Research has now verified through technical means that Progressive Campaigns Inc. (PCI) has been hired to collect signatures to put on the ballot a "Tea Party" party. As reported below, actual paid signature gatherers have been offered real petitions at a rate of at last $1 per signature to place a completely unknown Tea Party organization, which lists a PO Box in Richfield, MI as its home.

Progressive has been funded by Soros, the Michigan Democratic Party, and is most recently known for the crude attempt to re-game the Michigan Constitution for the Democratic Party in 2008 through the Reform Michigan Government Now petition, which also operated initially for its first several weeks as a "stealth petition" (a petition that does not go through the Board of Canvasser approval process before circulation, but rolls the dice and operates quietly as long as possible). It took two months before the Michigan Democratic Party and Mark Brewer's fingers were proven to be behind Progressive's RMGN effort, but eventually the truth came out on that. While it can't be proven where Progressive is taking its marching orders from this year - the company's history shouldn't leave any doubt in what direction its comes from. Their own client list contains a laundry list of SEIU, Humane Society of the US, George Soros, John Sperling, T. Boone Pickens, John Freeman, the UAW, and the Michigan Democratic Party itself. This is no criticism against Progressive itself - they are just the hired hitman and have been highly efficient at their profession over the years.

Fortunately, this stealth petition has been identified in its first few days, and Zarko Research encourages everyone to consider the source closely. ...

OutsideLansing.com OutsideLansing.com is a production of Chetly Zarko and Zarko Research & Consulting.

So we can all admit that no single group possesses sole ownership over the title "Tea Party"? We can further all admit, as has been stated over and over by those that subscribe to the "Tea Party" that there is no leader or single platform that defines the group?

Therefore, we can logically conclude that any citizen in any state is free to try and register a party known as the Tea Party and promote a platform and candidates in an election.

Thus, what is everyone so pissed off about? The fact that liberals thought of it first?

Those Michigan Teabaggers are slow on the uptake. They've been bitching under the "Tea Party" banner for over a year and didn't think to register it?

Wait, I have an idea Michigan Teabaggers: "The Teabagger Party"

I guess whoever first takes the name owns it.

We will see what their real aim is when they announce their platform.

She'll have to ask the people that use Alinsky rules...right wingers: Dick Armey's Freedomworks, last summer's town hall terrorists, teabaggers and the pea brain coalition.

But the sad part is Alinsky helped poor and working class urban communities around the country push for improved living and working conditions.

These right wing pea brains push for improved dominance by Wall Street, banks, corporations and lobbyists OVER poor and working class urban communities living and working conditions.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: It took the right decades to catch on to the Alinsky rules.... the left have been using these tactics since the 1960s. Moron. Saul Alinsky was a LEFT WING RADICAL.... Holy Shit, you are dumb.

Alinsky wasn't interested in the poor, you prat. He profited off them, nothing more. Educate yourself.

SO, YOU know Saul Alinsky's intentions? Again you strut your haughtiness and narcissism.

Irony abounds with you right wing pea brains...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You say I need to 'educate' myself, because I'm unaware the left has been using these tactics since the 1960's? Really??? From a book that was written in 1971??? WOW, I know that liberals are very smart, I didn't know they were THAT smart!

IF Alinsky is so popular with the evil leftists, why were only 35,000 copies sold from 2000 through 2008, the era of the Bush Regime? Yet 15,000 copies were sold between January and August of 2009. AND the people who snatch up copies of Alinsky’s book at Amazon don’t go on to buy more liberal texts. Instead, according to the online bookseller, they purchase Michelle Malkin’s “Culture of Corruption,” Glenn Beck’s “Common Sense,” and Mark Levin’s “Liberty and Tyranny.”

IF Alinsky’s tactics are evil, are you righteous right wingers going to use them for 'good'? WHEN does 'personal responsibility' and ownership apply to YOU, not just the evil leftists?

I guess if I use your gun to shoot someone, it's YOUR fault, not mine...:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The depth and scope of your ignorance is beyond comprehension.

GTH has now completely jumped the shark. Repeating the T-Word just reveals his agenda to insult instead of engage in an honest discussion.

And using his Unethical System, it would be perfectly fine for any organization to say they are collecting donations for one candidate, only to funnel the funds into support of the opposing candidate.

This type of ends justifies the means "morality" is a big part of the problem driving our country into the ground.

Boody you have not yet seen what they will do with this party label have you?

I think you are jumping the shark yourself with your claim you know what they will do with it.

BTW you vote R and they have a long history of cheating in elections ( you know actual illegal stuff). This is not illegal and yet you find it more offensive than cheating to keep voters from being able to vote.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caging_list#1980s

2004 US Election
BBC journalist Greg Palast obtained an RNC document entitled "State Implementation Template III.doc" that described Republican election operations for caging plans in numerous states. The paragraph in the document pertaining to caging was:

V. Pre Election Day Operations New Registration Mailing
At whatever point registration in the state closes, a first class mailing should be sent to all new registrants as well as purged/inactive voters. This mailing should welcome the recipient to the voter rolls. It is important that a return address is clearly identifiable. Any mail returned as undeliverable for any reason, should be used to generate a list of problematic registrations. Poll watchers should have this list and be prepared to challenge anyone from this list attempting to vote.[6

Last edited:
GTH has now completely jumped the shark. Repeating the T-Word just reveals his agenda to insult instead of engage in an honest discussion.

You are so funny when you get cornered.

And using his Unethical System, it would be perfectly fine for any organization to say they are collecting donations for one candidate, only to funnel the funds into support of the opposing candidate.

Is that what this group is doing here? Speaking of jumping the shark.....

This type of ends justifies the means "morality" is a big part of the problem driving our country into the ground.

Yeah. I am the problem here.

For every scream of "Alinsky", I'll point out a Rovism.

Both sides are the problem, momma, you are just too dense to realize it.

I guess whoever first takes the name owns it.

We will see what their real aim is when they announce their platform.

Yes, that is basically how it goes when you are registering a political party, and the whiners on here know it.

Of course, the Michigan teabaggers saw no need for a separate party since they are all in the sock for the GOP anyways.

They aren't using it, why not let someone else?

Forum List

Back