Dem Debate Tonight... Easy Question Fumbled

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Wolf Blitzer went 'round and asked the easiest question imaginable: do you support driver licenses for illegals?

Only Clinton, Biden and Dodd actually said no. Obama, Edwards and the rest say YES.

Huh? They just declared themselves to NOT be running for president.

Other notes:

* Dennis Kucinich is a freak, but principled enough. I could have strangled him for saying to questioner "Mr. Khan" "you are owed an apology" for "ethnic profiling." For God's sake... owed an apology? I was hoping some candidate would have the guts to say, "Too damn bad."

* Hillary was under control and handled the questions about being a woman very well. I think a lot of women will vote for her just for the thrill of voting for a woman. I think that might actually overcome Hillary-hatred in some places. But it's plain she's had a LOT of facework done.

* I don't see how John Edwards gave anyone a reason to vote for him instead of Hillary or Obama, if D is your deal.

* Biden and Dodd are competent and presidential, but I guess they don't have very energetic campaigns. They're like Bob Dole... guys running for president because they've been in the Senate for a while.

* Bill Richardson plan for illegal immigrants: eat two of them every day.

Prediction: Hillary gets the nomination and she wins the Presidency.

Wolf Blitzer went 'round and asked the easiest question imaginable: do you support driver licenses for illegals?

Only Clinton, Biden and Dodd actually said no. Obama, Edwards and the rest say YES.

Huh? They just declared themselves to NOT be running for president.

It's not a fumble if it is honest.

why would you issue a license to some that has comitted a federal crime.....and is a fugitive?

I thought some of the justifications for it were good ones, including the fact that people who are already driving would be able to purchase insurance.

I suspect hard-line answers either way aren't the right answers in terms of immigration issues. So, perhaps, it's time to start looking at pragmatic answers?

I thought some of the justifications for it were good ones, including the fact that people who are already driving would be able to purchase insurance.

I suspect hard-line answers either way aren't the right answers in terms of immigration issues. So, perhaps, it's time to start looking at pragmatic answers?

Completely wrong. Licenses imply legal status AND in the future WILL in fact serve that purpose. Deport illegal aliens do not reward them. Do not make it easier to hide among the legal residents of this country.

Completely wrong. Licenses imply legal status AND in the future WILL in fact serve that purpose. Deport illegal aliens do not reward them. Do not make it easier to hide among the legal residents of this country.

Licenses allow them to be insured. Given that they're driving anyway, closing one's eyes to it doesn't make sense.

I understand your postion. And, unlike the hard-liners, I don't pretend to know what the right answer is. But the answers need to arrived at through common sense.

Licenses allow them to be insured. Given that they're driving anyway, closing one's eyes to it doesn't make sense.

I understand your postion. And, unlike the hard-liners, I don't pretend to know what the right answer is. But the answers need to arrived at through common sense.

Obviously there will be differences over what counts as "pragmatic" and unrealistic. A current line, accepted even by a lot of Hannity-type conservatives, is that deportation is unrealistic.

It isn't.

Mild efforts at it send out a broadcast message, and illegals actually start to self-deport. And stop coming. There have been stories about this.

This is what I would do: first, make a MASSIVE effort to deport illegal aliens with the worst criminal records. If they sneak back in, execute them. Seriously. You'd probably only have to execute a dozen, and they would get the message. Then start working your way down in terms of criminality.

This way, the neocons couldn't bitch that you were "hurting the economy" because obviously, child-rapist illegals are not working hard in the field.

I can't imagine who could be against such measures.

Oh, wait. Yes I can. Lawyers, for one.

Anyway. Arguing for keeping ILLEGAL ALIENS who COMMIT SERIOUS CRIMES in the country is a tough argument to make. But then, given the responses at the Democratic debate, maybe some can manage.

who was arguing about illegals who commit serious crimes?

Deport their butts.

What I don't subscribe to is the white supremacist bs that you spew which intends nothing more than to rail against the possibility that dark folk will outnumber you. That's the beginning...middle and end of your agenda.

why the hatred for lawyers? aren't you supposed to be one?

What I don't subscribe to is the white supremacist bs that you spew which intends nothing more than to rail against the possibility that dark folk will outnumber you. That's the beginning...middle and end of your agenda.

Yes, that's exactly right.

We might also note that this is the agenda of the State of Israel, jillian. Beginning, middle and end.

It's also more than a possibility that whites will be outnumbered. It's a demographic certainty. I think we as whites are properly concerned about what that bodes for our futures. No rational person or group would willingly head toward minority status. In a democracy like the U.S., it means a quite certain loss of political power. It also means a loss of cultural and other power. There are virtually NO examples from world history, from cavepeople to Kosovo, where that's worked out well for the minority. Ask the Jews of Germany, the blacks of America, you name it. You need not be a "supremacist" to be worried about that. Nobody calls Jesse Jackson a "supremacist" because he's concerned about what's happening to blacks as a group, or Abraham Foxman for his concern about what's happening to Jews as a group. Only David Duke is a "supremacist," for saying virtually (and even LESS, believe it or not) the same thing. I challenge anyone to find me an example of Duke saying something more radical than either Sharpton or Foxman.

why the hatred for lawyers? aren't you supposed to be one?

You've heard of the "self-hating Jew"?

Hillary wasn't that grand on her answer about Nafta and its effect on the United States of North American, the land located between Mexico and Canada.( I had to clarify this as there are many people who think the terra ferma is all one big hybrid country...) But, she isn't going to degrade the pact because her ex -el presidente William Jefferson Clinton supported it. Even though he knew we would get the crappy end of the stick, as usual..
The people who sat there, at the televised debate, and clapped at every breath she took should rounded up and sterilized in order to stop the indbreeding.

This leads me to the conlclusion that her supporters don't care that she supports the wrong issues. They just care that Hillary looks like a female. Pretty sad. Hillary is the wrong person for the job, no matter how you slice it.

Will she get in? Good chance of it as most Americans are ignorant of the most important issues at hand. And, the fact, that George W. has pissed off the balance of votors.

Bottom line there are no suitable candidates to pick from on either ticket. NONE. They all suck.

Obtaining a driver's license has always been a PRIVILEGE in this country, not a RIGHT.

Why don't we just hand out bomb belts to them as well, just for having to wait so long in line?

Yep. I think there's something wrong with them, too. But at least they can make the argument that they didn't choose what they were born.

As for the rest of your drivel... *yawn*

You too? You fall asleep after the first sentence or two, of those paranoid rants?

:cool:

the corect answer you do not give a license or insurance to someone that is a felon and a fugitive...you arrest and deport them.....same as in every other country in the world.....

the corect answer you do not give a license or insurance to someone that is a felon and a fugitive...you arrest and deport them.....same as in every other country in the world.....

Too logical. Try another tactic.

Well at least Mexico, that's what they do.

New Topics

Forum List

Back