Dem Congresswoman About Obamacare ‘We’re Not Looking to The Constitution."

Only to a CON$ervative would something paid for be free! :cuckoo:
Health insurance is part of an employee's compensation therefore the employee PAYS for his health insurance with his labor.

What Constitutional right does a "religious" organization have to dictate what an insurance company can and can't cover in a policy paid for by the employee?

What right does the government have to dictate an employer PERIOD provide anything????????

Show me where it says in the Constitution, that the Federal government can dictate that?
You have it backwards, it's the church dictating that the health insurance the employee pays for cannot include the birth control the employee wants.

Demonstrate they are paying the full premiums or slink off as usual?

I dont really care which.

Hochul Town Hall: Constitution Ignored for HHS Health Care Mandate - YouTube

Dem Congresswoman Asked About Obamacare Mandate:

Isn't that interesting? "We don't care what the Constitution says. You have to buy insurance because WE SAY SO!"

Not an out of control party of little dictators we have in the Democrat Party? Nooooooooooooooo, of course not!

November is coming. Remember this and VOTE to send these out of control dictators packing. Democrats. THROW 'EM ALL OUT!

[/INDENT]

Ok.....my bad. I should have watched the video, but I don't think you did either.

It has nothing to do with buying insurance. It has to do with the GOP wanting to opt out of insurance provided contraception. You know, the issue that is sinking the GOP with women voters?

Please tell me you dont believe this shit is free. That the additional costs will not be passed down.

As a male why the fuck would I want to pay for your birth control.

Its always about making someone else pay.

Ya....insurance companies are kinda funny that way. I may not want to pay for someone to get a vasectomy or tubes tied but I do it anyway because they are in my same plan.

So I would suggest that you contact your health insurance company and ask them if birth control is covered. If it is then I suggest you drop your coverage and find one that doesn't.

And if you don't want to do that then you can STFU and stop whining about something you're already doing.

Hochul Town Hall: Constitution Ignored for HHS Health Care Mandate - YouTube

Question: “Under what portion of the Constitution is the government allowed to require a private or religious organization to pay for anything for free?”

Dem Rep. Kathy Hochul: “Well, basically, we’re not looking to the Constitution on that aspect of it. What I’m trying to say is basically the decision has been made by this congress that American citizens are entitled to health care.”​

Dem Congresswoman Asked About Obamacare Mandate:

Isn't that interesting? "We don't care what the Constitution says. You have to buy insurance because WE SAY SO!"

Not an out of control party of little dictators we have in the Democrat Party? Nooooooooooooooo, of course not!

November is coming. Remember this and VOTE to send these out of control dictators packing. Democrats. THROW 'EM ALL OUT!

Ok.....my bad. I should have watched the video, but I don't think you did either.

It has nothing to do with buying insurance. It has to do with the GOP wanting to opt out of insurance provided contraception. You know, the issue that is sinking the GOP with women voters?

The government forcing any business to carry any product is tyrannical.

Lets also not forget that forcing a religious institution to PAY FOR a product that goes against its teachings is a BLATANT First Amendment violation.

What the fuck is so hard to understand about that?

This poppycock health care (and contraception) bullshit is NOT constitutional - democrats know this but they just don't give a fuck - as was clearly stated in the OP video.

Please tell me you dont believe this shit is free. That the additional costs will not be passed down.

As a male why the fuck would I want to pay for your birth control.

Its always about making someone else pay.

Ya....insurance companies are kinda funny that way. I may not want to pay for someone to get a vasectomy or tubes tied but I do it anyway because they are in my same plan.

So I would suggest that you contact your health insurance company and ask them if birth control is covered. If it is then I suggest you drop your coverage and find one that doesn't.

And if you don't want to do that then you can STFU and stop whining about something you're already doing.

I pay for all kinds of stuff, due to government mandates.

Get the picture yet?

What right does the government have to dictate an employer PERIOD provide anything????????

Show me where it says in the Constitution, that the Federal government can dictate that?
You have it backwards, it's the church dictating that the health insurance the employee pays for cannot include the birth control the employee wants.

The employee is compensated for their labor with a wage and benefits package, therefore their labor pays for the health insurance in full. If the church thinks they can attract workers without health insurance as part of the package, they should do that, but once insurance becomes part of the package, the church cannot deny the employee coverage that would normally be provided by the health insurance company.

The employee is compensated for their labor with a wage and benefits package, therefore their labor pays for the health insurance in full. If the church thinks they can attract workers without health insurance as part of the package, they should do that, but once insurance becomes part of the package, the church cannot deny the employee coverage that would normally be provided by the health insurance company.

They are offered insurance as part of that package, True

However they control whats in the package.

Got it yet?

Got it yet?
No, the insurance company controls what they cover, the church does not have the constitutional right to tell the insurance company what it can and cannot cover. If the church does not like what an insurance company covers they should find another insurance company or not offer health insurance as a part of their compensation package but they have no Constitutional right to dictate to the insurance company.

Is an act of Congress constitutional until declared unconstitutonal by the courts?

Got it yet?
No, the insurance company controls what they cover, the church does not have the constitutional right to tell the insurance company what it can and cannot cover. If the church does not like what an insurance company covers they should find another insurance company or not offer health insurance as a part of their compensation package but they have no Constitutional right to dictate to the insurance company.

And the insurance company is being FORCED to carry a product - which is also violates several Amendments.

If the government can force a business to carry a product WHAT CANT THE GOVERNMENT FORCE A BUSINESS TO DO???

Maybe every business in the US should be forced to buy GE lightbulbs???

Maybe every business in the US should be forced to buy GM automobiles???

Maybe the Amish should have their buggies taken away and forced to drive cars??

Maybe Muslim grocers should be forced to carry pork products???

The logic behind this tyrannical government and the idea they can just force a business to carry a product and force a faith to pay for the product could apply to ^^ those aforementioned ideas as well.

Of course leftists really don't give a fuck because their primary objective is to defend Obama and NOT THE CONSTITUTION...

Obamacare is unconstitutional because you can't force citizens to buy anything.

Was listening to a Constitutional Law expert on the radio the other day and thats her opinion on how the SCOTUS will rule.

Hope so.

what planet do you live on? you absolutely CAN have people buy something. you can have them buy car insurance. you can have them buy licenses. you can have them pay tolls.

i find it really insane that the same loons who cry about having to be responsible for health insurance think it's ok for government to invade my uterus.

hypocrites

Is an act of Congress constitutional until declared unconstitutonal by the courts?

yes. there's a presumption of constitutionality.

*edit*
Presumption of Constitutionality.—“It is but a decent respect to the wisdom, integrity, and patriotism of the legislative body, by which any law is passed,” wrote Justice Bushrod Washington, “to presume in favor of its validity, until its violation of the Constitution is proved beyond a reasonable doubt.”666 A corollary of this maxim is that if the constitutional question turns upon circumstances, courts will presume the existence of a state of facts which would justify the legislation that is challenged.667 It seems apparent, however, that with regard to laws which trench upon First Amendment freedoms and perhaps other rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights such deference is far less than it would be toward statutory regulation of economic matters

http://law.justia.com/constitution/us/article-3/22-judicial-review-limitations.html

Last edited:
Last edited:
What??
i
So the constitution really isn't all that important right??

With a liberal, you are surprised?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you mean unconstitutional like trying to outlaw the sale of contraception?

that kind of unconstitutional?

:eusa_whistle:

WOW...

Are you retarded?

No one is trying to OUTLAW the sale of contraception...

I would love to know how you arrived at that conclusion?? considering those opposed are opposed to GOVERNMENT FORCING A BUSINESS TO CARRY A PRODUCT AND FORCING A RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION TO PAY FOR IT...

Banning contraception would be ILLEGAL and just as bad as our government forcing a business to carry a product, and forcing an institution to pay for that said product.

Got it yet?

And the insurance company is being FORCED to carry a product - which is also violates several Amendments.

If the government can force a business to carry a product WHAT CANT THE GOVERNMENT FORCE A BUSINESS TO DO???

The logic behind this tyrannical government and the idea they can just force a business to carry a product and force a faith to pay for the product could apply to ^^ those aforementioned ideas as well.

Of course leftists really don't give a fuck because their primary objective is to defend Obama and NOT THE CONSTITUTION...
No, the government can set minimum standards that a business must meet. That violates no amendments.

No, the government can set minimum standards that a business must meet. That violates no amendments.

Not if the "standard" violates preexisting Amendments...

Besides, can you name any other standard that gives this poppycock bullshit any credence whatsoever??

This type of tomfoolery is unprecedented..

Apparently you believe the federal government can do whatever the fuck it wants.

The only time a progressive calls for limited government is when a republican is president. Obviously when a democrat is president they can do whatever the fuck they feel like...

It's quite obvious this is nothing more than some political "my side is better than your side" game. All the while our constitution is being trampled on.

As usual the libertarians are the only ones who actually give a fuck about the constitution.

Besides, can you name any other standard that gives this poppycock bullshit any credence whatsoever??

Apparently you believe the federal government can do whatever the fuck it wants.

The only time a progressive calls for limited government is when a republican is president. Obviously when a democrat is president they can do whatever the fuck they feel like...

It's quite obvious this is nothing more than some political "my side is better than your side" game. All the while our constitution is being trampled on.

As usual the libertarians are the only ones who actually give a fuck about the constitution.
:eusa_boohoo:

Where have you been? The legislative branch CAN do whatever it wants until it is ruled upon by the SCOTUS.

And we'll see what the SCOTUS says in a few months.....

You see, your arguments are baseless..

Just do us all a favor and declare "the federal government can do whatever the fuck they want."

Admit it - you're a fucking progressive tyrant that feels the constitution is an "old outdated document" that inhibits your path to totalitarian utopia where government decides whats best for everyone, and all you have to do is follow the rules and everything will be sunshine and rainbows.

You see, your arguments are baseless..

Just do us all a favor and declare "the federal government can do whatever the fuck they want."

Admit it - you're a fucking progressive tyrant that feels the constitution is an "old outdated document" that inhibits your path to totalitarian utopia where government decides whats best for everyone, and all you have to do is follow the rules and everything will be sunshine and rainbows.
You're not on the Supreme court and the people who brainwashed you are not on the Supreme court, so I don't give a hairy flying fuck what YOU say about the Constitution.

Forum List

Back