Dem Congressman takes apart tea party whiner

the GOP cherry-picked witness, unsurprisingly had Jay Seculow as council lol. Could they be any more transparent? :doubt: :eusa_whistle:

4 min clip:

C-SPAN | Democrat owns TeaParty vote suppressor (sp.)

Sorry, have to wait till I get on a Windows box. C-SPAN messed up their site sooo bad. Why can't they just run their videos through YouTube or something. Geez. How did they manage to program a Flash video so badly?

I noticed they just changed their site because I haven't been there in months. Yeah, the vids are bigger. Anyway, heres the ranking memeber Elijah Cummings (D-MD) chiding rw groups for disenfranchising voters :mad:

C-SPAN | Ranking member on voting rights

I'll get to that also. Don't mean to hijack your thread but a couple of comments on C-SPAN. When they first started they would start the feed about 10 minutes or so before the actually briefing. One would get to see all the reporters sitting around and joking, learned some interesting stuff that way. The spokesperson would walk in and everyone would go into their 'official journalist' manners. The other is that one time I was watching a briefing and a question was asked. The spokesperson answered it. The same question was asked again and it was answered. He called on another person who asked the same question. At some point the spokesperson just blurted out some answer. The question was then not asked again. I was puzzled as to what just happened. Then I realized that the reporters needed something that fit within their headline that was a quote, no matter how well it represented the longer answer. It gave some valuable insight into the news gathering and reporting process.

anyone notice how violent the left/Democrats are and cheers?

thread after thread the titles are, Democrats slams, Democrats takes someone apart, etc

It's a sad testament to what that party and the people in it have become

nasty, threatening, dumps on the American citizens and then laughs about it

thread after thread the titles are, Democrats slams, Democrats takes someone apart, etc

the sad testimony in this case was that of ms engelbrecht.

you are, as usual, off-topic and retarded.

thanks for sharing.

the sad testimony in this case was that of ms engelbrecht.

you are, as usual, off-topic and retarded.

thanks for sharing.

oh well then, cry us a river about it

not only are they violent, we can add the Democrats and their base are ugly American's too

Last edited:
He was a she, and she said that OSHA showed up without warning and started interviewing employees without management's knowledge, looking for dirt on a woman who applied for a tax-free status in another organization. One government agency after another showing up to look for violations just because she was a conservative. She never had this problem before over her 20 plus years in operation up until the last 3 years. Looks like a clear case of political harassment to me.

The dickwad (Democrat) asking the questions wouldn't allow her to answer the questions. It was total Bullshit. Every one of the issues the representative mentioned could all be corrected by PPE, Personal Protective Equipment. This is the most common form of safety involved in a work environment.

OSHA shows up at a business ONLY at the request of an employee OF that business, and it has to be a currently employed person AT the business. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, and they don't have any Obama voters working there ether.

Oh, and the administration never, ever breaks the law.

There's been no findings of law breaking.

And that's with multiple very serious investigations making very serious accusations.

True The Vote Founder to Congress: "I Will Not Retreat. I Will Not Surrender. I Refuse To Be Intimidated" | Video | RealClearPolitics

Bear in mind, distinguished ladies and gentlemen of this sub-committee, these events were occuring while the IRS was subjecting me to multiple rounds of abusive inquiries, with requests to provide every Facebook and Twitter entry I’d every posted, questions about my political aspirations, and demands to know the names of every group I’d ever made presentations to, the content of what I’d said, and where I intended to speak for the coming year. The answers to these sorts of questions are not of interest to the typical IRS analyst, but they are of great interest to a political machine that puts its own survival above the civil liberties of any private citizen.

This government attacked me because of my political beliefs, but I refuse to be cast as a victim; not to the IRS, not to the FBI, not to OSHA, not to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, or to any other government agency. I am not a victim, because to be a victim is to accept that I have no options. I do have options and I intend to use them all to the fullest extent of my capabilities.

As an American citizen, I am part of a country that still believes in freedom of speech, and so I will continue to speak out; here in Congress and all across this country, I will continue to press in every legal way possible, as I did by filing suit against the Internal Revenue Service. No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.

I also refuse to let a precedent be set that allows Members of Congress, particularly the Ranking Member of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, to misrepresent this governing body in an effort to demonize and intimidate citizens. Three times, Representative Elijah Cummings sent letters to True the Vote, demanding much of the same information that the IRS had requested. Hours after sending letters, he

would appear on cable news and publicly defame me and my organization
. Such tactics are unacceptable. It is for these reasons that immediately after this hearing I am filing a formal complaint with the House Office of Congressional Ethics and asking for a full investigation.

After all the tyranny, all the things that have been done to my organizations, to my family and to me; many people would have quit. And, Mr. Chairman, many Americans have quit. I have heard, over and over, that people are afraid to tell their stories because of what has or might happen to them and their families at the hands of our own government.

But know this, my experiences at the hands of this government in these last five years have made me more determined than ever to stand before you and America and say I will not retreat. I will not surrender. I refuse to be intimidated. I will not ask for permission to exercise my Constitutional rights.

I come before you today Mr. Chairman, on behalf of Americans just like me, asking for a solution to end this ugly chapter of political intimidation. There was a time when people of goodwill were encouraged to participate in the processes of government; not targeted because of it. I applaud Congressman Issa and Jordan’s request of the Internal Revenue Service to withdraw a proposed regulation limiting political speech by nonprofit organizations. That action should be taken quickly and without fail, because if allowed to pass, these new regulations will effectively codify into law the very practices that bring me here today. If those regulations pass, non-profit organizations across the country will be destroyed. No American, regardless of their political affiliation, should support the silencing of political speech.

One Dem, challenges here because she refused to back down and challenged his authority.

So, on the one leg he had to stand on from the abuses of power he attacked her on OSHA VIOLATIONS.................

Ignoring the other agencies that had never been to her place of business before, all of a sudden showing up and attacking her family and place of business................................

Why the hell did she get 6 visits from the FBI.............Why did she get visits by the BATF................

The Libs are looking for any excuse of the abuses of power as happened in this video........and show it as a victory of sorts as they ignore why she was testifying in the first place.

How sick to post a video and then cream their jeans because a ELECTED politician tears apart an AMERCIAN CITIZEN?

some of you are pathetic in what is entertainment to you...but are good little Democrat useful tools

I applaud Congressman Issa and Jordan’s request of the Internal Revenue Service to withdraw a proposed regulation limiting political speech by nonprofit organizations. That action should be taken quickly and without fail, because if allowed to pass, these new regulations will effectively codify into law the very practices that bring me here today. If those regulations pass, non-profit organizations across the country will be destroyed. No American, regardless of their political affiliation, should support the silencing of political speech.

Funny that Issa would support BREAKING THE LAW. Well he is a criminal after all.

The IRS regulation and Federal Law do not comport. And the regulation needs to be changed.

Non profits are not for political speech.

How sick to post a video and then cream their jeans because a ELECTED politician tears apart an AMERCIAN CITIZEN?

some of you are pathetic in what is entertainment to you...but are good little Democrat useful tools

I like when law breakers get caught.

One Dem, challenges here because she refused to back down and challenged his authority.

So, on the one leg he had to stand on from the abuses of power he attacked her on OSHA VIOLATIONS.................

Ignoring the other agencies that had never been to her place of business before, all of a sudden showing up and attacking her family and place of business................................

Why the hell did she get 6 visits from the FBI.............Why did she get visits by the BATF................

The Libs are looking for any excuse of the abuses of power as happened in this video........and show it as a victory of sorts as they ignore why she was testifying in the first place.

He had 5 minutes.

And it seems that OSHA found some very serious violations.

Wow. What a take down. Thanks for the thread.

I watched a good part of that dog and pony show the mugfock cons held last week, but I missed that.

That True The Vote bitch I have been aware of an keeping tabs on their disgusting activity for years now - and I was astounded what a pity-poor-me victim display she was putting on during that hearing.

If I have time, I'll bring some info about her org, The King Street Patriots, and True the Vote liars, racists, thieves and major league assholes.

I applaud Congressman Issa and Jordan’s request of the Internal Revenue Service to withdraw a proposed regulation limiting political speech by nonprofit organizations. That action should be taken quickly and without fail, because if allowed to pass, these new regulations will effectively codify into law the very practices that bring me here today. If those regulations pass, non-profit organizations across the country will be destroyed. No American, regardless of their political affiliation, should support the silencing of political speech.

Funny that Issa would support BREAKING THE LAW. Well he is a criminal after all.

The IRS regulation and Federal Law do not comport. And the regulation needs to be changed.

LOL quoting something I didn't post huh....................

Is that all you got.....................

Which part of her testimony that the left ignores are you trying to cover up.

:eusa_hand:

Here's a little background on the bitch:

Perhaps some historical points of reference would help. In 2010, when the Tea Party swept elections across the country, the King Street Patriots were actively involved in all kinds of voter suppression shenanigans. The content of the group's email campaign to intimidate voter registration group Houston Votes is too vile to reproduce here, but you can read it over on TPM.

Engelbrecht led the charge, accusing Houston Votes of being the long arm of the New Black Panthers. Death threats ensued, along with many racist threats to make sure black voters understood who was in charge when it came to voting in Houston.

Fast forward to 2013. Engelbrecht has changed the name of the group to KSP/True the Vote after all the controversy, gotten some high powered legal counsel in Washington, DC, and some great public relations help by none other than Cleta Mitchell, who is leading the current charge against the IRS.
Fox's Kelly Props Up 'True the Vote' Fake Ethics Charges Against Rep. Cummings | Crooks and Liars

Here's more:

(From MAY)

Tea Party Group Screams IRS Persecution, But Judge Ruled They Illegally Aided the GOP in 2012

On March 28, 2012, Chron reported that a Texas Tea Party group with the word “Patriot” in its title was found by a judge to be a PAC and not a nonprofit. The judge ruled that as such, it illegally aided the Republican Party in poll watching efforts during the 2010 elections. The King Street Patriots/True the Vote are not a nonprofit, but a PAC:
A Travis County district court judge ruled this week that a Houston-based tea party group is not a nonprofit corporation as it claims, but an unregistered political action committee that illegally aided the Republican Party through its poll-watching efforts during the 2010 elections.
The summary judgment by Judge John Dietz upheld several Texas campaign finance laws that had been challenged on constitutional grounds by King Street Patriots, a tea party organization known for its “True the Vote” effort to uncover voter fraud.
The ruling grew out of a 2010 lawsuit filed by the Texas Democratic Party against the King Street Patriots. The Democrats charged that the organization made unlawful political contributions to the Texas Republican Party and various Republican candidates by training poll watchers in cooperation with the party and its candidates and by holding candidate forums only for GOP candidates.
You might be thinking, well, heck, that’s just one state. And you’d be correct, except that the King Street Patriot’s True the Vote operates all over the country, and has run afoul of the law and ethics numerous times.

Tea Party Group Screams IRS Persecution, But Judge Ruled They Illegally Aided the GOP in 2012

OSHA shows up at a business ONLY at the request of an employee OF that business, and it has to be a currently employed person AT the business. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, and they don't have any Obama voters working there ether.

Oh, and the administration never, ever breaks the law.

There's been no findings of law breaking.

And that's with multiple very serious investigations making very serious accusations.

How many "findings" are there going to be when Obama and Eric Holder are responsible for the "investigating"? .... :lol:

Looks like when you peel the Onion back..

Cummings did, in fact, write to the group asking them questions about their activities. What kind of activities? Well, True the Vote is very very interested in strict voter ID requirements, and they are active in monitoring polling stations on election days. But they are non-partisan, and who is anyone to say otherwise?

The Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights in 2012 reported that True the Vote’s poll monitoring efforts in North Carolina were tailored to African-American and minority communities that traditionally vote Democrat.

Oh. Well, we are sure that is a total coincidence, as we all know that minorities just can’t be trusted to vote the correct way, right?

Cummings said that he regularly writes letters when he hears about wrongdoings, just like other members of the committee, including the esteemed Chairman Darrell Issa.

His letters detail examples of challenges of voter registrations made by True the Vote that turned out to be wrong and seeks information about the methodology of the group’s challenges.

The group, Cummings’s staff said, describes itself as “a non-profit, non-partisan, non-political charitable and educational organization” yet “has raised millions of dollars for Republican candidates” and has a policy arm to try to limit early voting.

Does Cummings himself have any close personal experience with being denied the right to vote? Perhaps a family member?

“There is no one that I know of that cares more about the rights of our citizens than I do,” Cummings, an African-American, said. “I don’t care if you’re tea party or Democrat or Republican — I want to make sure no one is blocked from voting,” like he said his now 88-year-old mother was years ago.

Seriously, it got so bad that even the Republicans were all, “whoa, this is kinda nuts.”

Subcommittee Chairman Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) encouraged the group to drop the complaint.

“I don’t think the ranking member was attacked, but I instructed our staff to encourage [the group] not to proceed with the ethics complaint,” he said.

Seriously, that had to be like eyedrops of battery acid for him to come to Cummings’ defense. Even if it was a weak-ass defense.

Democrats, meanwhile, were understandably PISSED that these wackjobs were even invited to testify before Congress in the first place:

“What is so astonishing to me is that you would give them a forum to do this,” said Rep. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.). “I regret that our committee would allow [the hearing] to be used for such a blatant political stunt.”

Well said. And seriously, fuck Truth the Vote with their (seemingly) racist practices and for attacking our beloved Elijah Cummings.

If this really is a serious inquiry into governmental wrongdoing, then we don’t need partisan political stunts. We need good, honest independent investigators who will seek to wade through the politics and partisan bickering and really get down to the truth.

In fact, Treasury has an Inspector General who is doing just that. Well, maybe. Take it away, GovExec:

In the latest in the ongoing and politicized dispute over the Internal Revenue Service’s mishandling of tax-exemption applications, Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., and Rep. Gerald E. Connolly, D-Va., sent a Feb. 4 letter to Inspector General J. Russell George objecting “strongly to your office’s repeated partisan meetings with Chairman Darrell Issa and his staff after intentionally excluding Democratic Committee Members and staff — particularly regarding matters that currently are under active investigation by both your office and this committee.”

Yep. Darrell Issa is secretly meeting with the Inspector General and intentionally excluding Democratic members and staffers from those meetings. For the life of us, why would a so-called independent investigator possibly meet just with Darrell Issa?

Oh, that’s right. Russell George used to work for House Republicans.

On the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

The very committee that Darrell Issa chairs.

Nothing to see here, folks. Keep on moving, because this investigation is 100% above board. No politics involved at all.

Read more at Just Because ?True The Vote? People Are Paranoid Doesn?t Mean IRS, FBI And ATF Aren?t Out To Get Them

He had 5 minutes.

And it seems that OSHA found some very serious violations.

1. It's not about the violations.......... It's about being seen by every agency after none of them were ever there for 2 DECADES.........................Suddenly they get a surprise visit by OSHA....................LOL

2. You've probably never been through an OSHA inspection anyway.........They show up and see one or two guys walking around without their safety glasses on or grinding without a FACE SHIELD and GO THIS BUSINESS IS EVIL......................

Without seeing the actual OSHA REPORT, I cannot determine whether or not they were serious violations or simply some employees not obeying the rules of their work place..............I work in industrial..............People get written up for not complying with the rules all the time............Yet if you happen to get caught not wearing a set of ear plugs at the time of an inspection, YOU ARE A SERIOUS VIOLATION OF OSHA..........

Lion's and Tigers and Bears................OSHA will fine that company for any instance of seeing any employee not obeying the laws during the visit irregardless of company safety policies...........It's just what they do..........and the violations may very well be against the company policy where the violations occurred.............................

What are you talking about?

I quoted your post.

You are advocating for law breaking. As is Issa.

What are you talking about?

I quoted your post.

You are advocating for law breaking. As is Issa.

I stand corrected on it was in the article only.......need another cup of coffee.............

The law breaking is the repeated attacks by various agencies after applying for non profit status.

Forum List

Back