Dem Congresscritter: Women Dressing That Way Are Asking to be Harrased

A Democratic congresswoman told her colleagues in a meeting on Wednesday that staffers and lawmakers should stop wearing revealing clothing if they want to avoid sexual harassment, according to two Democratic sources in the room.
I'm actually in agreement with this advice. It is the same thing I tell my daughters.

It's about having some modesty and self-respect, not flaunting your wares.

That's right, and in this world, the way a woman acts and dresses can increase the odds of her being harassed and/or raped.
You should be able to prove such a statement with science. The facts are not in your favor.
Since I said it CAN increase the odds, I don't really have to prove anything. But feel free to prove that the way a woman acts and dresses CANNOT increase the odds of her being harassed and/or raped.
I know what you said. You have to prove that it can increase the odds.
Why, are you maintaining that it CAN'T, that it doesn't matter what a woman wears or how she acts, that she's going to be harassed and raped any way?
Because you havent provided any proof that it can.
Sure. It's somewhere in Alabama, with that proof of Moore admitting he's a pedophile.

notice he found that funny. imagine the kind of person you have to be to think touching people without their consent is funny
How convenient it must be to claim the strength intelligence and endurance of a man but you crumble at salty humor....:badgrin:

You should be able to prove such a statement with science. The facts are not in your favor.
Since I said it CAN increase the odds, I don't really have to prove anything. But feel free to prove that the way a woman acts and dresses CANNOT increase the odds of her being harassed and/or raped.
Why, are you maintaining that it CAN'T, that it doesn't matter what a woman wears or how she acts, that she's going to be harassed and raped any way?
Sure. It's somewhere in Alabama, with that proof of Moore admitting he's a pedophile.
Too bad its not here so you can change my mind.

`
`

When I dress for work, its extremely conservative. In fact, the only time my co-workers generally see me dress casually is at our once a year, company picnic. To me its just common sense.

In an ideal world, sure. In this one, not so much.
This is the only world.

That's right, and in this world, the way a woman acts and dresses can increase the odds of her being harassed and/or raped.

actually, there's no correlation. rape is an act of violence, not an act of sex.

so you might want to look a little further into that incorrect hypothesis of yours.

either way, the proper response is that they should keep their hands to themselves if they don't have consent.

real simple. or do you pal around with men who paw women who don't want them to?

That's pretty pathetic to try to make it about me.

Yes, rape is violence, and rapists target the vulnerable. But we're talking about harassment as well, which is about sex. It strains credulity that we're seeing so many men today being taken down by allegations of sexual impropriety and the response is never for potential victims to be smart about not becoming an actual victim.

This is the only world.

actually, there's no correlation. rape is an act of violence, not an act of sex.

so you might want to look a little further into that incorrect hypothesis of yours.

either way, the proper response is that they should keep their hands to themselves if they don't have consent.

real simple. or do you pal around with men who paw women who don't want them to?

Yes, rape is violence, and rapists target the vulnerable. But we're talking about harassment as well, which is about sex. It strains credulity that we're seeing so many men today being taken down by allegations of sexual impropriety and the response is never for potential victims to be smart about not becoming an actual victim.
Your wrong. Harassment is about power. It has nothing to do with sex. Are you claiming that if someone harasses a member of the same sex they are gay? Thats silly and a hastily assembled opinion designed to provide cover for your back pedaling.

Your wrong. Harassment is about power. It has nothing to do with sex. Are you claiming that if someone harasses a member of the same sex they are gay? Thats silly and a hastily assembled opinion designed to provide cover for your back pedaling.

Okay, now you're getting into the weeds. Why would a heterosexual man sexually harass another man? I've never seen that happen.

images

This doesn't look like don't touch to me...

I wont say it's an invitation to touch,but it sure is to gawk!!
No wonder you guys cant get a date. You dont gawk. You play it cool and you get to touch later that night.
Bitch better put out or put em up......

All joking aside what would happen if men started walking around with half their nutsak exposed? Ticket for exposure? Fired for sure.

Women are spoiled and enough with the whining already.

Okay, now you're getting into the weeds. Why would a heterosexual man sexually harass another man? I've never seen that happen.

out of hate.... you twatwalffle. that's what bigoted bullies do.

damn, you're too stupid for air.

I didnt say sexually harass. You did. Why would they harass them? Because they dont like them or they want to drive them away. I see it all the time.

Too bad its not here so you can change my mind.

You tell your daughter to show off the goods and I'll tell mine to be smart.
What I tell my daughter doesnt excuse your lack of proof that what a woman wears CAN increase the odds of her getting harassed or raped.

images

This doesn't look like don't touch to me...
I agree, but it would be prudent to be a gentleman and approach her in a decent manner instead of grabbing her unannounced. Then if turned down, it's stare only.

We had lots of SH complaints filed at the prison and the warden asked my what I thought would help reduce it. I just said put out a memo that tell s everyone if you got the hots for your co-worker, ask her out for a cup of coffee after work. If she says no, you are done. If she say yes, pull your grabber line on her at the coffee shop, that way you don't loose your job. She laughed, but agreed it was a good idea, but the company was too PC to ever suggest that.

out of hate.... you twatwalffle. that's what bigoted bullies do.

damn, you're too stupid for air.

Wahhh. Somebody said mean things about me. Pathetic.

Forum List

Back