Dem Congresscritter: Women Dressing That Way Are Asking to be Harrased

Irrelevant. Being smart reduces your chance of becoming a victim. That's the point.
Thats lazy. The way you decide to dress shouldnt make you a victim. Change your behavior and stop thinking you get to rape any woman that shows some skin. Thats the point.

No, it shouldn't make you a victim. But it does increase the odds. The world is not the way you wish it to be.

Like I said, be stupid flashing a wad of cash and you increase your odds of being mugged. Park your car in a dark alley unlocked with the keys inside and you increase your odds of having your car stolen.

It shouldn't, but it does.
Youre still trying to compare a womans body to material things which is silly and exhibits an inability to grow as a man. Its mens attitudes, not the fact that all women havent converted to Islam and covered up, that is the problem here. How is it that I can restrain myself from simply groping a woman without her permission? Because I understand and respect I dont have that right.

And most men share that attitude. Some don't, however, and it is for those a woman needs to be vigilant. The fact that you equate common sense modesty with Islam's extreme measures and not everyday life is troubling to say the least.

Would you advise a woman to wear a bikini to the beach in a Muslim country because it's her body, darn it, and no one has the right to tell her to cover it up, or would you advise her to wear something more modest because there's a good chance she'll get arrested? We're dealing with real life here.
The fact that you used the term "common sense modesty" tells me you are not evolved in your thinking enough to realize thats a personal concept governed by what each person considers common sense. This inability to understand this simple dynamic is startling and dangerously ignorant.

I wouldnt advise a woman to wear anything. Its her choice what she wants to wear. We arent talking about what someone would wear in a Muslim country. Were talking about the US.

Given how many women are harassed and raped, American men don't all subscribe to the idea that they should keep their hands to themselves. Why is it that we teach children how to be safe and not get into dangerous situations, then turn around and tell women that they don't have to use common sense to be safe?

Thats lazy. The way you decide to dress shouldnt make you a victim. Change your behavior and stop thinking you get to rape any woman that shows some skin. Thats the point.

No, it shouldn't make you a victim. But it does increase the odds. The world is not the way you wish it to be.

Like I said, be stupid flashing a wad of cash and you increase your odds of being mugged. Park your car in a dark alley unlocked with the keys inside and you increase your odds of having your car stolen.

Youre still trying to compare a womans body to material things which is silly and exhibits an inability to grow as a man. Its mens attitudes, not the fact that all women havent converted to Islam and covered up, that is the problem here. How is it that I can restrain myself from simply groping a woman without her permission? Because I understand and respect I dont have that right.

And most men share that attitude. Some don't, however, and it is for those a woman needs to be vigilant. The fact that you equate common sense modesty with Islam's extreme measures and not everyday life is troubling to say the least.

Would you advise a woman to wear a bikini to the beach in a Muslim country because it's her body, darn it, and no one has the right to tell her to cover it up, or would you advise her to wear something more modest because there's a good chance she'll get arrested? We're dealing with real life here.
The fact that you used the term "common sense modesty" tells me you are not evolved in your thinking enough to realize thats a personal concept governed by what each person considers common sense. This inability to understand this simple dynamic is startling and dangerously ignorant.

I wouldnt advise a woman to wear anything. Its her choice what she wants to wear. We arent talking about what someone would wear in a Muslim country. Were talking about the US.

Given how many women are harassed and raped, American men don't all subscribe to the idea that they should keep their hands to themselves. Why is it that we teach children how to be safe and not get into dangerous situations, then turn around and tell women that they don't have to use common sense to be safe?
Probably because children are not adults and telling women to be safe has nothing to do with their clothing?

Probably because children are not adults and telling women to be safe has nothing to do with their clothing?

In an ideal world, sure. In this one, not so much.

This is the only world.

This is the only world.

That's right, and in this world, the way a woman acts and dresses can increase the odds of her being harassed and/or raped.

This is the only world.

That's right, and in this world, the way a woman acts and dresses can increase the odds of her being harassed and/or raped.
You should be able to prove such a statement with science. The facts are not in your favor.

Most businesses have dress codes, even if informal. Not that harassement is ever ok, but if one dresses like he/she is looking, don't be surprised if one gets offers.

This is the only world.

You should be able to prove such a statement with science. The facts are not in your favor.
Since I said it CAN increase the odds, I don't really have to prove anything. But feel free to prove that the way a woman acts and dresses CANNOT increase the odds of her being harassed and/or raped.

This is the only world.

Since I said it CAN increase the odds, I don't really have to prove anything. But feel free to prove that the way a woman acts and dresses CANNOT increase the odds of her being harassed and/or raped.
I know what you said. You have to prove that it can increase the odds.

This is the only world.

actually, there's no correlation. rape is an act of violence, not an act of sex.

so you might want to look a little further into that incorrect hypothesis of yours.

either way, the proper response is that they should keep their hands to themselves if they don't have consent.

real simple. or do you pal around with men who paw women who don't want them to?

You expect her to write dont touch on those?
Maybe a sign would help...
How about you learn to keep your hands to yourself unless invited?

notice he found that funny. imagine the kind of person you have to be to think touching people without their consent is funny
Its really weird. I love a womans body as much as the next guy (probably more) but I have to have permission to touch. Some guys think its their god given right.

notice he found that funny. imagine the kind of person you have to be to think touching people without their consent is funny
Its really weird. I love a womans body as much as the next guy (probably more) but I have to have permission to touch. Some guys think its their god given right.

if they do, it's because they have a deep seated hostility toward women.....

but then again, if they voted for Donald, they're sure ok with hostility toward women

This is the only world.

Why, are you maintaining that it CAN'T, that it doesn't matter what a woman wears or how she acts, that she's going to be harassed and raped any way?

but then again, if they voted for Donald, they're sure ok with hostility toward women
The corollary, of course, is that if they ever voted for Ted Kennedy, they're sure ok with hostility toward women. If they ever voted for Bubba Clinton, they're sure ok with hostility toward women. If they ever voted for Hillary Clinton, well, you get the picture. IOW, that's stupid.

This is the only world.

Why, are you maintaining that it CAN'T, that it doesn't matter what a woman wears or how she acts, that she's going to be harassed and raped any way?
Because you havent provided any proof that it can.

Unfortunately its not partisan or even a racial issue. I have had men from all walks of life espouse this belief. This is why I insisted all my daughters learn self defense.

“I saw a member yesterday with her cleavage so deep it was down to the floor,” Kaptur reportedly said. “And what I’ve seen … it’s really an invitation.”
If a woman has tits which droop all the way down to the floor, I don't think they will be getting sexually harassed that much.

Forum List

Back