Dem Congress Gives Itself A Raise

holy cow, and i thought it was bad when The Yankees signed 45 yr old Roger Clemens for 28 million. I guess Pelosi needed a raise for all the hard work she's doing:eusa_sick: either that or they are trying to set a new all time low approval rating. I think they are shooting for 1% approval

They may reach that goal by July 4

Actually thats a lie as well, albeit a very subtle one. However it may seem very semantical, I think it actually matters.

I want politicians to be well paid. Why? I don't want them to take bribes for need of money and I don't want there to be only independently wealthy candidates.

My, doyou belong to the wrong party

To reduce the perks and cut the pork from government

a cost of living raise - that they withheld from themselves THIS year and republicans had been giving themselves every year for the past seven years automatically is not a "perk".

Is your cost of living pay increase a "perk", or do they give them out to shelf stockers at Walmart?

Its funny how you said "and some republicans" haha. Well incase you forgot, it was the democrats last year, that blocked what is called the COLA. An automatic pay raise based on cost of living. They blocked it until the minimum wage was increased. Trust me both sides agreed on allowing that automatic raise to go through. Not just democrats.

So the millionaire politicans need more money - and we pay the bill

the fact is, you never bitched when republican congresses were giving themselves an automatic pay raise ever year for the past seven.

why is that? and why didn't you applaud when democrats passed specific legislation to NOT give themselves a cost of living increase this year until they had gotten a federal minimum wage increase signed into law?

the fact is, you never bitched when republican congresses were giving themselves an automatic pay raise ever year for the past seven.

why is that? and why didn't you applaud when democrats passed specific legislation to NOT give themselves a cost of living increase this year until they had gotten a federal minimum wage increase signed into law?

Yes I did. In PA, 19 incumbants were tossed out in the primary because of thier pay raise

They do not need or deserve a raise - ANYONE who voted for it should be tosse dout

To reduce the perks and cut the pork from government

This has nothing to do with either.

If they are millionaires, then the $4k shouldn't matter much.

And really...4k each for...what 500 people or so? Cry me a river, in the scheme of things its nothing to the federal government.

My, doyou belong to the wrong party

No. Unlike you I am not a one trick pony. I agree with the Democrats on many, but not all, issues.

This has nothing to do with either.

If they are millionaires, then the $4k shouldn't matter much.

And really...4k each for...what 500 people or so? Cry me a river, in the scheme of things its nothing to the federal government.

No. Unlike you I am not a one trick pony. I agree with the Democrats on many, but not all, issues.

It matters when the taxpayers are paying the bill

Dems PROMISED they woudl reduce pork in spending bills, they are increasing it

Dems PROMISED they would reduce Congessional perks - and they want to increase them

The pay raise of every public servant -- whether it's the mayor's office or the governor's office or Congress, should be left up to referendum.

In a corporate job, you cannot vote yourself a raise. And if Congress was a private corporate job, no doubt every elected official on capitol hill would have been fired already.

here is what you said: "Yes I did. In PA, 19 incumbants were tossed out in the primary because of thier pay raise"

we won't quibble about your inflation of the number...what I will quibble with is the bolded statement. Here is what your LINK says about the reasons that republican incumbents were turned out nationally (it makes no distinction as to rationale for the PA candidates):

"Conservatives, nationwide are getting angry about the loss of principle by GOP'ers in office. Big spending in Washington and Sacramento. The inability to control illegal aliens. Failure to protect jobs and the failure to stop the social agenda of liberals in our schools in finally causing conservatives to say NO to GOP incumbents."

nothing at all which would suggest that THE reason they were turned out was"because of their pay raise" .

Nothing more that flatulent assumptions from the king of flatulence.

here is what you said: "Yes I did. In PA, 19 incumbants were tossed out in the primary because of thier pay raise"

we won't quibble about your inflation of the number...what I will quibble with is the bolded statement. Here is what your LINK says about the reasons that republican incumbents were turned out nationally (it makes no distinction as to rationale for the PA candidates):

"Conservatives, nationwide are getting angry about the loss of principle by GOP'ers in office. Big spending in Washington and Sacramento. The inability to control illegal aliens. Failure to protect jobs and the failure to stop the social agenda of liberals in our schools in finally causing conservatives to say NO to GOP incumbents."

nothing at all which would suggest that THE reason they were turned out was"because of their pay raise" .

Nothing more that flatulent assumptions from the king of flatulence.

As usual you did not read the link

That was the observation of one Pennsylvanian, an establishment Republican, as he watched the primary returns Tuesday night. Still upset by last year's pay raise, Republican primary voters sent packing two state legislative leaders, David J. "Chip" Brightbill, Senate majority leader, and Robert Jubelirer, Senate president pro tempore. Over a dozen House incumbents were also turned out of office. Speaking to TAS on the condition of anonymity, the Republican said Pat Toomey's 2004 primary challenge of Sen. Arlen Specter did not end with his defeat. Rather, it sparked a movement. Tuesday's primary was "a chance for us conservatives to keep voting," he said.

As usual you did not read the link

That was the observation of one Pennsylvanian, an establishment Republican, as he watched the primary returns Tuesday night. Still upset by last year's pay raise, Republican primary voters sent packing two state legislative leaders, David J. "Chip" Brightbill, Senate majority leader, and Robert Jubelirer, Senate president pro tempore. Over a dozen House incumbents were also turned out of office. Speaking to TAS on the condition of anonymity, the Republican said Pat Toomey's 2004 primary challenge of Sen. Arlen Specter did not end with his defeat. Rather, it sparked a movement. Tuesday's primary was "a chance for us conservatives to keep voting," he said.

you mix apples and oranges. Are we talking about congressional republicans? that is what your original 19 number was about. This quote has to do with state legislators.

or do you think that the president pro tempore of the United States Senate is Robert Jubelirer? :lol:

you mix apples and oranges. Are we talking about congressional republicans? that is what your original 19 number was about. This quote has to do with state legislators.

or do you think that the president pro tempore of the United States Senate is Robert Jubelirer? :lol:

You are such a twit. Once again you are proven wrong and you try to wiggle off the hook

You are such a twit. Once again you are proven wrong and you try to wiggle off the hook

what do you mean? your claim was that 19 republicans were tossed out by PA republicans for their vote on the congressional pay raise.

You post a link which lists a whole litany of things that piss off republicans nationally, and no mention that the 2006 pay raise was of any particular consequence.

Then you post a paragraph that talks about two STATE legislators.

What is it? congressional republicans getting tossed in a primary because they gave themselves a pay raise when they were in power in 2006, or is it two state republicans who got tossed because the STATE legislature in PA gave THEMSELVES a pay raise?

Are we talking about 19 republican congressmen, or two republican state legislators?

what do you mean? your claim was that 19 republicans were tossed out by PA republicans for their vote on the congressional pay raise.

You post a link which lists a whole litany of things that piss off republicans nationally, and no mention that the 2006 pay raise was of any particular consequence.

Then you post a paragraph that talks about two STATE legislators.

What is it? congressional republicans getting tossed in a primary because they gave themselves a pay raise when they were in power in 2006, or is it two state republicans who got tossed because the STATE legislature in PA gave THEMSELVES a pay raise?

Are we talking about 19 republican congressmen, or two republican state legislators?

Here twit - not that ypou will ever admit you were wrong

I libe in PA - I know why Republicans were voted out

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/search/s_455500.html

OK...I said:

the fact is, you never bitched when republican congresses were giving themselves an automatic pay raise ever year for the past seven. [note:nothing in that sentence about STATE legislatures]

to which you replied:

Yes I did. In PA, 19 incumbants were tossed out in the primary because of thier pay raise

They do not need or deserve a raise - ANYONE who voted for it should be tosse dout
[note; nothing in THAT reply mentions state legislatures. We are not talking about state legislatures in this thread. the topic is CONGRESSIONAL pay raises]

Here twit - not that ypou will ever admit you were wrong

I libe in PA - I know why Republicans were voted out

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/search/s_455500.html

I am sure you do know why state legislators in PA were voted out. Big fucking deal.

Unfortunately, that has as much to do with congressional pay raises as minor league ball scores have to do with the major leagues.

This thread is about congressional pay raises. Who gives a fuck about stupid little squabbles amongst Pennsylvanians. and WHY do you think it has anything to do with the topic of this thread?

OK...I said:

to which you replied:

[note; nothing in THAT reply mentions state legislatures. We are not talking about state legislatures in this thread. the topic is CONGRESSIONAL pay raises]

I am sure you do know why state legislators in PA were voted out. Big fucking deal.

Unfortunately, that has as much to do with congressional pay raises as minor league ball scores have to do with the major leagues.

This thread is about congressional pay raises. Who gives a fuck about stupid little squabbles amongst Pennsylvanians. and WHY do you think it has anything to do with the topic of this thread?

Gee, the fact people can get pissed over politicans voting for another legislative pay raise....

I knew you would try to lie your way out of being busted again

You two argue more then an old married couple, but i still love ya both :lol:

OK...I said:

to which you replied:

Forum List

Back