Dem claim GOP being hypocritical over underwear bomber

Politico summed it up pretty nicely but they left out the "reason" behind some of the decisions.

The "reason" the Republicans don't want the bomb detection equipment, bomb detection sounds so innocuous, is because of the "virtual image" created, which was mentioned in the article.

Republicans feel that is an invasion of privacy. To me, the reason that is laughable, is because the SAME Republicans supported the Bush Patriot act, which invaded every aspect of every Americans life by Big Government. You can listen to my phone calls, you can seep into my life, but don't look at my "kibbles and bits". Oh, brother.

Now you have to hand it to the Democrats. They have rarely mentioned that the two masterminds of this plot were in Gitmo, but BUSH/CHENEY let them go. That's right, BUSH CHENEY LET THEM GO. Come on, they let Bin Laden go. Just a coincidence? Hmmm?

So let's tally up the card.

Republicans voted against funding TSA

Republicans voted against ratifying a new head of TSA.

Republicans let the two masterminds behind this plot go.

Obama waited 72 hours before publicly speaking about it, but since Bush waited a week in the Richard Reid case, we will call it a wash. Democrat are held to a higher standard.

Then there is the democrats.

Janet misspoke.

Someone didn't report this to the FBI (of course, that could have been an undercover Republican that withheld the info)

Politico summed it up pretty nicely but they left out the "reason" behind some of the decisions.

The "reason" the Republicans don't want the bomb detection equipment, bomb detection sounds so innocuous, is because of the "virtual image" created, which was mentioned in the article.

Republicans feel that is an invasion of privacy. To me, the reason that is laughable, is because the SAME Republicans supported the Bush Patriot act, which invaded every aspect of every Americans life by Big Government. You can listen to my phone calls, you can seep into my life, but don't look at my "kibbles and bits". Oh, brother.

Now you have to hand it to the Democrats. They have rarely mentioned that the two masterminds of this plot were in Gitmo, but BUSH/CHENEY let them go. That's right, BUSH CHENEY LET THEM GO. Come on, they let Bin Laden go. Just a coincidence? Hmmm?

Obama waited 72 hours before publicly speaking about it, but since Bush waited a week in the Richard Reid case, we will call it a wash. Democrat are held to a higher standard.

Janet misspoke.

Someone didn't report this to the FBI (of course, that could have been an undercover Republican that withheld the info)

Now, now, let's not let the facts cloud political reasoning.

The Rs don't want full-body image scans? Seriously?

Word. How many times have I heard them say things like "if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to be afraid of" from 2001 to 2008? Too many to count.

I'm surprised you people aren't waiting for the ACLU to tell you what to about full body scans before going off half cocked.

Full body image scans make detailed virtual images of the body.

You can see "kibbles".

You can see "bits".

tsa-release-images-2-050808-726403.jpg

Word. How many times have I heard them say things like "if you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to be afraid of" from 2001 to 2008? Too many to count.

It has nothing to do with right or wrong. It's a question of letting a stranger see "noodles and eggrolls", "kibbles and bits", "this and that".

It's the same reason that some men won't go to a "woman" doctor.

Last edited by a moderator:
GOP Hypocritical?

How could you say that? Why Obama should have shut down the airways on Christmas day! he should have rushed home and started checking airports. He should have fired everyone in his administration

All because an Alqaeda stiff botched his assignment and set his crotch on fire

Yeah unionizing the TSA would have stopped all this, and we really need to have full body scans of elderly Asian women when the only real terrorist problem is young Muslims males

Democrats: Man are they funny when they try to run things

You can see "kibbles".

You can see "bits".

Airport Screening | Full-body scans - Photo Gallery - KansasCity.com

I didn't realize that there were airports in the US currently using the scans. Apparently there are two types. This one doesn't seem to be as detailed.

I wonder how it will affect people with implanted devices like pacers and the like.

Janet misspoke.

Good thing you explained what a dumbass you are.:eusa_eh:

You can see "kibbles".

You can see "bits".

tsa-release-images-2-050808-726403.jpg
You know what you can't see...the bottom of your feet. You don't need to take your socks off when you go through security and you don't need to take your underwear off. I have my doubts that these things are as effective as they are made out to be...it would seem a clever seamstress would easily defeat them.

Let's face it. The only way to be truly safe is to board the plane naked, submit to an anal probe, and be disallowed any baggage...checked or carry on.

I'm surprised you people aren't waiting for the ACLU to tell you what to about full body scans before going off half cocked.

They already have. Check out their website. And, they were on TV. They are dead set against it.

Yeah unionizing the TSA would have stopped all this, and we really need to have full body scans of elderly Asian women when the only real terrorist problem is young Muslims males

Democrats: Man are they funny when they try to run things

I halfway agree with you...

Unionizing the TSA is wrong.. about as wrong as wrong can get

But I have no objections to everyone/anyone being subjected to better screening for safety

Forum List

Back