Dem Budget: 2 TRILLION in NEW TAX HIKES, Deep Cuts at Pentagon

You can't invade countries, maintain a 10+ year presence in those countries and keep cutting taxes. That is just plain, fucking stupid.

Oil didn't pay for the wars like the Bush Admin said it would...they have to be paid for somehow.

But what the Right wants is to pay for that militarism, and the money it brings in for the defense lobby,

by turning the US into a third world country domestically. They want to virtually wipe out (if they had the power to do so) every bit of expenditure or law that goes to alleviating the consequences of being in the lower income brackets in America,

whether it be in health, education, food, shelter, labor, you name it.

In a perfect conservative world, all of that would be gone, and the US would look more like Mexico,

with a really really really big army.

Not even... I'm an independent but a strong conservative. You can call me right wing but I'm not a republican, however, I do agree strongly with rightwinger's post above your's. So what you've said is not true across the board as a blanket statement.

When I say 'the Right' I mean what I believe to be a consensus on the Right, a strong majority opinion. It's shorthand to avoid having to issue a lengthy caveat about exceptions to the rule every time I make such a reference.

LOL, so no real cuts just taxes... 4 trillion over 10 years LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! Won't they be adding near 20 Trillion in that time?

There are only two choices for this nation.

1. Save this Republic by refusing all tax raises, Demand cuts across the board.

-or-

2. Capitulate and re-Elect Obama.

Seems we have many more choices than that..

Open up ALL spending for cuts.
Fix Social Security by raising the retirement age
Generate enough revenue to pay for your budget
We need more money in and less money out

More taxes, more taxes, more taxes, more taxes, more taxes, more taxes... that is the liberals answer to EVERYTHING! Damn these fucking MORONS to HELL.

Senate Democrats Draft Debt-Reduction Plan

By Lori Montgomery, Published: July 8

Senate Democrats have drafted a sweeping debt-reduction plan that would slice $4 trillion from projected borrowing over the next decade without touching the expensive health and retirement programs targeted by President Obama.

Instead, Senate Democrats are proposing to stabilize borrowing through sharp cuts at the Pentagon and other government agencies, as well as $2 trillion in new taxes, primarily on families earning more than $1 million year, according to a copy of the plan obtained by The Washington Post.

Senate Democrats draft debt-reduction plan - The Washington Post
Such a rant. How did you think 2 wars were going to be funded? By the tooth fairy?
Only in America, where a Democrat has a balanced budget, and a surplus, can it be squandered by the GOP (republican party) and Democrats are blamed for everything from the beginning of time. go figure.
Show us a family whose income is $1M and struggling???
You mean a "projected surplus?" There was no real surplus moron, it was only on paper. In other words, IT DIDN'T EXIST! That bull shit has been debunked a million times over on this board alone.

Get a clue.

And I'll show you a family who's income is $1M a year that's struggling just as soon as you show me a family that makes $25K a year that employs three people.

During the 80's & 90's spending was limited by PAYGO so there WAS a surplus in current revenues - the debt was still there, but deficit spending was not allowed. The credit card was kept in a drawer for safe keeping while payments were being made. If PAYGO were permanent, congress would have had to pay for all the shit they promised since 2003 instead of simply 'charging' ahead.

(Nice pun, eh? :razz:)

I don't care for the Democrats' plan, it doesn't go nearly far enough on defense cuts.

We have to get that monkey off our back once and for all.

It's not meant to be rude NY, but I told you over and over and over that the Progressive liberal Dem party happens to be the biggest war party in history... Why would they cut military in any meaningful way? Dems have expanded wars and will start new wars faster than they will draw them down.

People Voted for Bush (not me) thinking what most of you thought about Obama... You make fun of these people for electing Bush a second time and yet something tells me if you could you would vote for Obama today. Try looking at policy, if you don't like it vote for someone else. List your top 5 most hated policies under Bush, now realize they are the same under Obama and if they are not than that is because Obama expanded upon it.

-or-

And yet the bill you said you agree with just so happened to have NONE of that in it LOL. And that's why you're a useless hack.

The Dems came out with a pro military, pro social program, pro bigger deficit spening Bill and your first words were "OMFG I LOVE YOU OBAMA!"

You claim to not love war but man you support the shit outa it, more than any Bush bot ever did, mainly because Obama is a bigger war president than Bush ever was.

Taxes have not been sufficient to cover spending for thirty years. That is why we ran up $14 trillion in debt

How big an idiot do you have to be to cut taxes without cutting spending first?

Let's return to tax rates to where they were ten years ago. Once the debt is paid off, the wealthy can have their tax cuts back
Wrong answer dipshit. Cut spending. We are taxed enough and have been for far too long.

Trying to protect your paycheck and job moocher? Government is way too large.

Fair enough...I work for the Dept of Defense and I will offer up cuts right now

What happened to the peace dividend after the end of the Cold War?
Why does the US need 11 Carrier Task Forces when no other nation has one?
Why do we need 2500 nuclear weapons and the subs, missiles and bombers to carry them? Nukes haven't been used in 60 years
Get the fuck out of Iraq and Afghanistan
Why is the US Military larger than the next ten militaries combined?

Before we start asking Americans to sacrifice healthcare, education, police, fire protection and infrastructure, let's look at our military mission around the globe

$12 million per DAY blowing shit up overseas. The only thing more stupid than that is putting it on a Chinese VISA card.

You can't invade countries, maintain a 10+ year presence in those countries and keep cutting taxes. That is just plain, fucking stupid.

Oil didn't pay for the wars like the Bush Admin said it would...they have to be paid for somehow.

But what the Right wants is to pay for that militarism, and the money it brings in for the defense lobby,

by turning the US into a third world country domestically. They want to virtually wipe out (if they had the power to do so) every bit of expenditure or law that goes to alleviating the consequences of being in the lower income brackets in America,

whether it be in health, education, food, shelter, labor, you name it.

In a perfect conservative world, all of that would be gone, and the US would look more like Mexico,

with a really really really big army.
And you want to turn us into a third world country internationally AND domestically.

Do you think the world will "like us" then?

Taxes have not been sufficient to cover spending for thirty years. That is why we ran up $14 trillion in debt

How big an idiot do you have to be to cut taxes without cutting spending first?

Let's return to tax rates to where they were ten years ago. Once the debt is paid off, the wealthy can have their tax cuts back
Wrong answer dipshit. Cut spending. We are taxed enough and have been for far too long.

Why do we need 2500 nuclear weapons and the subs, missiles and bombers to carry them? Nukes haven't been used in 60 years

Before we start asking Americans to sacrifice healthcare, education, police, fire protection and infrastructure, let's look at our military mission around the globe

Defense is a federal responsibility, in the constitution.

Healthcare is not a federal responsibility.
Education is not a federal responsibility
Police is not a federal responsibility
Fire protection is not a federal responsibility
Infrastructure is only partially a federal responsibility: Interstate highways come to mind.

Are you telling me the US military is larger than the Chinese Military? This wiki article goes into that...

List of countries by number of troops - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also if you worked for DOD you would know that out of the 11 groups (13 actually i think) only 4-6 can be forward deployed, with the others in maintenance.

Since the nukes were bought decades ago, how much is thier maintenance cost as a % of defense spending?

-or-

And yet the bill you said you agree with just so happened to have NONE of that in it LOL. And that's why you're a useless hack.

The Dems came out with a pro military, pro social program, pro bigger deficit spening Bill and your first words were "OMFG I LOVE YOU OBAMA!"

You claim to not love war but man you support the shit outa it, more than any Bush bot ever did, mainly because Obama is a bigger war president than Bush ever was.

Really?

How many American lives were lost supporting Obamas foreign policies? How many nations did he conquer to find imaginary WMDs and fight imaginary terrorists?

I don't care for the Democrats' plan, it doesn't go nearly far enough on defense cuts.

We have to get that monkey off our back once and for all.

And liberals wonder why they're seen as being weak on national security. :cool:

Nah, we know it's because conservatives refer to any defense cuts as "weakening America".

Up to a point, it's not. Yet the left always wants to go far beyond that point. See Carby for an example.

Infrastructure is only partially a federal responsibility: Interstate highways come to mind.

Are you telling me the US military is larger than the Chinese Military? This wiki article goes into that...

Also if you worked for DOD you would know that out of the 11 groups (13 actually i think) only 4-6 can be forward deployed, with the others in maintenance.

Since the nukes were bought decades ago, how much is thier maintenance cost as a % of defense spending?

Hey! No fair using facts and logic!

It all comes down to the mission we are expected to perform around the globe. Compared to the actual threat (no nation can compete with the US military) we have a military force much larger than is needed. We drew down our military after the Cold War because the Soviet Threat was gone. We have since allowed the military to grow back to Cold War levels

We are asking Americans to sacrifice at all levels. In an era of Domestic hardship can we afford to keep our current military?

Chinese military? Who gives a fuck about the Chinese Military? They cant even invade Taiwan, how can they invade the US? The primary mission of the Chinese Military is to keep 1.5 billion Chinese under control, not to fight the US

Last edited:
Such a rant. How did you think 2 wars were going to be funded? By the tooth fairy?
Only in America, where a Democrat has a balanced budget, and a surplus, can it be squandered by the GOP (republican party) and Democrats are blamed for everything from the beginning of time. go figure.
Show us a family whose income is $1M and struggling???
You mean a "projected surplus?" There was no real surplus moron, it was only on paper. In other words, IT DIDN'T EXIST! That bull shit has been debunked a million times over on this board alone.

Get a clue.

And I'll show you a family who's income is $1M a year that's struggling just as soon as you show me a family that makes $25K a year that employs three people.

During the 80's & 90's spending was limited by PAYGO so there WAS a surplus in current revenues - the debt was still there, but deficit spending was not allowed. The credit card was kept in a drawer for safe keeping while payments were being made. If PAYGO were permanent, congress would have had to pay for all the shit they promised since 2003 instead of simply 'charging' ahead.

(Nice pun, eh? :razz:)

I think you and anyone else that is under the false impression that there was some kind of surplus under Clinton need to read this...

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus.

Last edited:

:eusa_think: I suppose it depends on HOW you define 'larger'.

List of Countries by Military Expenditures

This thread is about SPENDING, yes?

Forum List

Back