Dem 1 reapeal (partly) O-care Dem 2 I was w/Bush

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Smells like... victory. :razz:

Hot Air Hey, let&#8217;s repeal parts of ObamaCare, says &#8230; Democratic Senate nominee from West Virginia

It’s Joe Manchin, a.k.a. the extremely popular governor of West Virginia, a.k.a. the man who was supposed to waltz to victory as Byrd’s replacement but now trails, a.k.a. the candidate who could implode at any moment if that federal probe of his office turns up a smoking gun. At last check, Obama’s approval rating in West Virginia was … 30/64, a ball and chain around Manchin’s ankles that he’s frantic to somehow wriggle loose from over the next five weeks.

And so, my friends, it’s come to this.

Manchin endorsed President Obama’s efforts on landmark health care reform and voiced support for the bill before and after its passage in March. Now, just five weeks away from a tougher Senate race than he expected against Republican John Raese, the governor said in an interview with RealClearPolitics that he supports many basic components of the law but volunteered that some of it needs to be repealed.

“I believe in health care reform. I don’t believe in the way this bill was passed,” Manchin said Sunday afternoon. “Why they overreached, I don’t know.”

He’d also like you to know that he sympathizes with the tea party, ahem. Two things here. One: A chief liberal line of attack against O-Care skeptics is that they want to order a la carte on health care, preserving the popular provisions (like the ban on denying coverage for preexisting conditions) and getting rid of the unpopular ones, i.e. the individual mandate. According to O-Care supporters, there’s no way to do that and make it economically feasible; you need to take the bitter of the mandate to enjoy the sweet of expanded coverage so that insurance companies have more revenue available to cover people they wouldn’t have covered before.

So. Dem one panders, squeals and equivocates. Obamacare sucks and will be hard as hell to fix. (duh)

Hot Air It&#8217;s come to this: ND Dem now touting fact that &#8230; he voted with George Bush

From running against to running with George W. Bush...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OVesNzO8qk]YouTube - Earl Pomeroy for Congress -- "Difference"[/ame]

Their tears of desperation are oh so delicious.
In one his first ads this cycle, Pomeroy highlighted his vote against cap-and-trade…

In his latest ad, Pomeroy goes a step further, highlighting his support for the Bush prescription drug plan which he says Berg would “roll back.”

The ad opens with a bill signing featuring President Bush while a woman’s voice says, “When George Bush proposed a Medicare prescription drug plan, Earl Pomeroy voted yes, putting seniors before party.. Rick Berg would roll back prescription drug coverage.”

Note how insistent the ad is in connecting Pomeroy to Bush. They could have said “Earl voted to create Medicare’s prescription drug plan” and left it at that; instead, not only is Dubya mentioned but we get a honking big photo of him at the signing ceremony. That makes sense strategically in a deep red state like North Dakota, where Pomeroy’s now in the fight of his life after cruising to landslide wins the past two cycles, but it’s risky insofar as Bush’s Medicare expansion is one of the many counts included in the tea party’s indictment of him.

Just wow. How scared are the democrats anywho?? Judging by these guys and everyone else in the party running as fast as they can away from Pelosi and Obama... freakin terrified.

Sweet music to my ears.

Forum List

Back