Delta4Embassy and Toro: Ebola is not as deadly as Diarrhea and Obesity and the Media is false hype

When you provide a link that shows that 700 thousand people die a year of obesity, we'll talk.

aKGAjYiI-Yj6T_JroJIyAAEO_bma-RVnAd6MCycT4DhIf_ArMhIpWtDXAiZsOwHpf6IvbXxOkMsdu29apt6HCFKVT2XlLt0HkMoY06u8km_-mz_6KnmiIbVE4qmc4QzLRkOzgjzKTuw_2iopFg0cNplxANDRXX1mIiNNaJvpoZqLn7mJizxup-JW48yKgGLAJt5MWYBrMFwVeTDrozjQoHrOR5Pll776tvVxqZL8qYO6Ru4=s0-d-e1-ft

Obesity doesn't kill half a million Americans.

And who knows, maybe ebola will.

Ebola hasn't killed that many in Africa where containment and medical technology is next to non-existant.

Agree obesity doesn't kill hundreds of thousands a year. How many of the heart disease and other things are complications or symptoms of obesity maybe add up to something like that. But obesity itself isn't a terminal condition.

Yes, and we established that 700 thousand don't die from obesity.

But nobody ever said that half a million had died of ebola, either.

Europe’s Hidden Ebola Cases

The Daily Beast ^

The Continent prepares for the virus to spread, but for many, it’s already here. ROME, Italy — If you were surprised to hear the news that a Sudanese United Nations worker died of the deadly Ebola virus in a Berlin hospital on Tuesday, you might be even more surprised to learn just how many Ebola patients there are elsewhere in Europe. The World Health Organization maintains that there are eight confirmed cases of the deadly virus in Europe tied to the current outbreak: two dead missionaries in Spain, one dead doctor in Germany, one cured man and one doctor in...

Well gee, I wonder why. Could it have to do with the fact that these "Ebola people" are just allowed to enter our country (and other countries) and take public transportation and spread their disease around. Because, you know, isolating them is a "stupid" idea. :cuckoo:

I think Ebola is extremely serious. However, it isn't going to kill half a million Americans.

Thank you, Toro.
That was my point. With or without media hype
Ebola itself is still a level 4 pathogen that
requires higher precautions than what regular hospitals provide.

The containment and protective gear and procedures
used in labs that handle Ebola and similar virus samples
are not like what we see or what is used by regular nurses and doctors.

Here, I wanted to post this for Delta4Embassy,
an article about another nurse affected in UK.

Ebola-infected UK nurse fighting for her life - Yahoo News

With or without the media hype, the virus still threatens
and kills people as a high level pathogen that requires extraordinary measures to be contained.

Obesity doesn't kill half a million Americans.

And who knows, maybe ebola will.

Ebola hasn't killed that many in Africa where containment and medical technology is next to non-existant.

Agree obesity doesn't kill hundreds of thousands a year. How many of the heart disease and other things are complications or symptoms of obesity maybe add up to something like that. But obesity itself isn't a terminal condition.

Good to see you, Delta. I noticed you haven't been writing here lately. Hope you are doing well and your New Year includes using a rice steamer. Did you open your juicer and use it yet? Now would be a good time. Build up the immune system with some good healthy drinks.

When you provide a link that shows that 700 thousand people die a year of obesity, we'll talk.

I did.

The link I provided a few posts above lists obesity deaths by sex and race. Add those up and you get about 700,000.

But if we consider that obesity contributes to other causes of death, its much higher.

People can live with obesity and never die, and never spread it to others by social contact.

Some people can gain immunity to Ebola, but for those who catch it,
they will spread it to others if it isn't contained immediately as a biohazardous pathogen.

Obesity doesn't spread like a level 4 pathogen.
And doesn't require containment to prevent an epidemic.

The problems you talk about with obesity occur over time, are not contagious or viral,
and are best addressed by FREE CHOICE of the individual.

Are you serious about trying to compare this,
or just trying to argue around the point for the sake of devil's advocacy?

If there is some other agenda you are trying to say is driving this concern about Ebola,
what are you saying it is biased by. And why isn't it okay to recognize that
the Ebola virus is a highly contagious pathogen that is best contained early
so it is doesn't cost lives and drain health care resources as in Africa that added to the epidemic.

What is wrong with acknowledging that contagion is dangerous and needs to be stopped?

I did.

The link I provided a few posts above lists obesity deaths by sex and race. Add those up and you get about 700,000.

But if we consider that obesity contributes to other causes of death, its much higher.

People can live with obesity and never die, and never spread it to others by social contact.

Some people can gain immunity to Ebola, but for those who catch it,
they will spread it to others if it isn't contained immediately as a biohazardous pathogen.

Obesity doesn't spread like a level 4 pathogen.
And doesn't require containment to prevent an epidemic.

The problems you talk about with obesity occur over time, are not contagious or viral,
and are best addressed by FREE CHOICE of the individual.

Are you serious about trying to compare this,
or just trying to argue around the point for the sake of devil's advocacy?

If there is some other agenda you are trying to say is driving this concern about Ebola,
what are you saying it is biased by. And why isn't it okay to recognize that
the Ebola virus is a highly contagious pathogen that is best contained early
so it is doesn't cost lives and drain health care resources as in Africa that added to the epidemic.

What is wrong with acknowledging that contagion is dangerous and needs to be stopped?

I do not find any reason not to acknowledge it, Emily. To be forewarned is to be prepared. Ebola is most certainly a very serious matter and we should be taking it seriously! I think you're right.

Forum List

Back