Delta charges troops returning home for extra baggage.

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
What's wrong this this company? Any airline should happily fly our troops home, gratis...or at least at cost..with no charge to the troops.

Those men and women have already given enough.

Unbelievable.

Profits trump patriotism and doing the right thing everytime.

Fuckin' sad.

This is what you get when corps are run for profit only.

They have no moral codes.

Why people want them to be able to do whatever they want is beyond the pale.

What's wrong this this company? Any airline should happily fly our troops home, gratis...or at least at cost..with no charge to the troops.

Unbelievable.

I disagree. So long as they are not charging troops for stuff they do not charge civilians I see no problem. The military generally gets a discount on plane tickets as is. Every base has a travel center for that purpose.

Thanks for wanting to give us extra cuts in costs.

But Delta and US AIR give the military deep discounts on travel and a standard. And they give vets head of the line in some places.

or at least they used to. Last I used them was '93.

And most of us can fly for free. we generally don't b/c you get your moneys worth when trying to fly on another military plane/jet.

Delta sucks big hairy ones. Always have. I refuse to fly delta. Always will.

Unbelievable.

I disagree. So long as they are not charging troops for stuff they do not charge civilians I see no problem. The military generally gets a discount on plane tickets as is. Every base has a travel center for that purpose.

Yeah, when I heard the report my first reaction was the men displaced their anger. The report said the military reimburses for extra baggage when claims are made. Plus it was sensationalized with $3400 figure which was the total amount for 17 (iirc) soldiers.

Forum List

Back