Deletion of posts

Thank you, Young Lady, for your kind note.

I realize that a forum can do anything it wants.

And its "customers" can accept or reject the treatment it offers.

I have decided to no longer waste my time and effort composing replies to OPs.

I shall continue to read some interesting threads and, of course, your always interesting replies.

Best wishes

Parser, I know you're still here. No one likes getting their pearls of wisdom pulled, but mods go on cleaning sprees and hold purification rituals, and there's just not much you can do about it. Personally, I'm just as happy not knowing. Except for bruising the ego and reminding us of all the cruel injustice in the world, pulling posts doesn't amount to anything. As long as you don't get a warning.

Yeah, but that's not even ethical. Who mods the mods? Couple of em I wouldn't trust to lead a lunch line. Respectfully speaking.
What's unethical about pulling posts that violate the rules? Not telling the poster about it? So the poster can bitch and whine (like I always do) to the mods in pm? That's no doubt why a lot of them don't use the alert function and I can't say as I blame them.

What's unethical about pulling posts that violate the rules? Not telling the poster about it? So the poster can bitch and whine (like I always do) to the mods in pm? That's no doubt why a lot of them don't use the alert function and I can't say as I blame them.

If rules are violated, then, fine. But if posts are getting deleted with no rule violation and based solely on someone's feels, then, that's a different story. Without notification one does not know. Just deleting soemthing doesnlt solve anything. You have to tell em what the ydid so they try not to do it again.

The OP didn't tell us what his posts were. For all we know they could have been rule violations. But how does one know if he or she isn't informed?

I don't even know that I've ever read a single posting from the op to be honest. So I do not know how he acts on here. But it seems like he asked a fair question.

Why do I occasionally run into 'You do not have sufficient mojo to perform this action' when I hit the 'Post Reply' button?
Is this because some snowflake has put me on ignore because I consistently shoot him/her down with cogent, scientific arguments?
And, is there somewhere to ask these dumb questions?

If rules are violated, then, fine. But if posts are getting deleted with no rule violation and based solely on someone's feels, then, that's a different story.

I suspect that happens quite a lot

I just got an infraction for saying Rotton Republican in the keep a word delete a word thread. Oddly enough I didn't get one for saying Democrat Kook.

Anyway. I can report that I was notified that said posting was deleted and that feels were expressed.

Last edited:
Oh, wait. Rotton Republican was in the lounge. Democrat Kook was in Two Words thread. I see. That's likly why I only got the one.

Anyway. Yeah .Notification received.

Oh, wait. Rotton Republican was in the lounge. Democrat Kook was in Two Words thread. I see. That's likly why I only got the one.

the Lounge is politics free.

Yeah, I know. I didn't know I was in the lounge, though. I clicked on New Posts. I thought I was in the Two Words thread.

Happens. Ha.

the Lounge is politics free.

Yeah, I know. I didn't know I was in the lounge, though. I clicked on New Posts. I thought I was in the Two Words thread.

Happens. Ha.
I tried that Two Words thread once. Every time I try playing a game like that, every word I ever knew goes draining out my ear.

I just got an infraction for saying Rotton Republican in the keep a word delete a word thread. Oddly enough I didn't get one for saying Democrat Kook.

Anyway. I can report that I was notified that said posting was deleted and that feels were expressed.

Ah, deletion for misspelling?

I think it's rattan.

I think it's rattan.

Ha. I spelled it Rotton. I didn't even catch it until now.

I tell ya. lol. I'm the worst at spelling.

I think it's rattan.

Ha. I spelled it Rotton. I didn't even catch it until now.

I tell ya. lol. I'm the worst as spelling.

Assuming it was to be rotten, the selective bias as you observed matches my experience exactly.

Assuming it was to be rotten, the selective bias as you observed matches my experience exactly.

No, it was because I said it in the lounge. I didn't know I was in the lounge or else I wouldn't have said it there. As I was telling OL, it happens.

Anyway, I was just reporting back that, yes, I got a notification for content deletion.

I do actually respect the rules. I try not to knowingly break them.

Last edited:

No, it was because I said it in the lounge. I didn't know I was in the lounge or else I wouldn't have said it there. As I was telling OL, it happens.

Anyway, I was just reporting back that, yes, I got a notification for content deletion.

I'm referring to the way the "Republican" comment was flagged while the "Democrat" one was not. That kind of selective bias. I get it in Politics, where (in theory) one should be able to take any position. And when I get it, it may or may not come with a notification. Sometimes it just disappears without a trace. Other times it disappears with a trace. But when it happens the content targeted is very predictable.

I'm referring to the way the "Republican" comment was flagged while the "Democrat" one was not. That kind of selective bias. I get it in Politics, where (in theory) one should be able to take any position. And when I get it, it may or may not come with a notification. Sometimes it just disappears without a trace. Other times it disappears with a trace. But when it happens the content targeted is very predictable.

Yeah, I get what youre saying. I can't say that I've ever had that happen to me. But, you know, the reality is that we're on someone elses front porch. Know what I mean?

Putting that aside, something that I appreciate more than anything in places like this is if someone isn't afraid to man up and take it to me if they disagree with something I say. I'm pretty much always in a good mood even if my tenor doesn't reflect it. I'm not really looking for a fight. There's nothing to be had from it.

Now here's something, and it's kind of funny in hindsight, I probably should have got an infraction a few times around here but I didn't. There was one thread around here I asked a person to go make us a sandwich while we worked things out in the thread. But the reason I did it is because she's one of the more courageous ones around here and not particularly stupid. Reason I threw the bobber out there in that instance is because I didn't like the stupidity of the thread content and I wanted to bait someone into helping me change the direction of the thread who might be just brave enough to react and just smart enough to unknowingly help me hijack the thread and make it relevant and something of substance. She didn't take the bait, though, and I left the thread. Ha. Funny thing about it is that I didn't really care about the thread to begin with, I just wanted to see if I could do it. lol. I'm an INTJ, so. I dunno.

Last edited:

Yeah, I get what youre saying. I can't say that I've ever had that happen to me. But, you know, the reality is that we're on someone elses front porch. Know what I mean?

Putting that aside, something that I appreciate more than anything in places like this is if someone isn't afraid to man up and take it to me if they disagree with something I say. I'm pretty much always in a good mood even if my tenor doesn't reflect it. I'm not really looking for a fight. There's nothing to be had from it.

Now here's something, and it's kind of funny in hindsight, I probably should have got an infraction a few times around here but I didn't. There was one thread around here I asked a person to go make us a sandwich while we worked things out in the thread. But the reason I did it is because she's one of the more courageous ones around here and not particularly stupid. Reason I threw the bobber out there in that instance is because I didn't like the stupidity of the thread content and I wanted to bait someone into helping me change the direction of the thread who might be just brave enough to react and just smart enough to unknowingly help me hijack the thread and make it relevant and something of substance. She didn't take the bait, though, and I left the thread. Ha. Funny thing about it is that I didn't really care about the thread to begin with, I just wanted to see if I could do it. lol. I'm an INTJ, so. I dunno.

It can be near impossible to read intentions. I've had infractions/deletions multiple times in cases of simply humorous trash talk, where both I and the poster I addressed understood the subliminal and cooperative meaning --- yet a mod came barging in and decided he didn't get it, and wipes it out.

We can note that "it's just a message board" and that's true. But these are intimidation tactics designed to inhibit certain points of view. And that sort of thing can't be condoned.

Mind you, I've been on a board where the same dynamic was FAR worse, which is why I came here.

Forum List

Back