Delay to resign and not seek reelection

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
  2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    The guys dirty. I was a wait and see guy with him when the shit first hit the fan mainly because Dems have been flinging so much without any sticken, how could you take these accusations seriously. But the more that comes out about him, its obvious. He's a typical Washington Politician. And we dont need any more of that.

Thankfully, one good thing the republican leadership has done (even if it was only to cover their asses) is to remove problems. Now if they could focus on getting people in their that don't show "Democrat tendencies", maybe we can have a conservative government.

3. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    Unfortunately i have a feeling politicians for the most part are going to have a bigger and bigger divide between what they think and do and what the people want to do regardless of whether they are Democrat or Republican.

The fact is there are people in both parties who are more concerned about being reelected then doing whats right and fixing problems.

We will see this nation split soon. and that is not going to be a good day. i wish and pray that it might never happen, but it likely will.

4. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Not only is DeLay dirty, but he's got blood on his hands as a direct result of his legislative efforts on behalf of clothing manufacturers in the Marianas Islands. 'The Hammer' has fallen, and he's already bought and paid for his place in hell.

5. Mariner

Mariner Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    A massive loss for the Republican Party, and a hint that many more mighty GOP politicians may be felled by their connections to Abramoff.

One of DeLay's main difficulties, aside from the obvious pain of losing his leadership post and watching the House's lockstep teamwork fall apart (over immigration, Dubai, Katrina, and wiretapping), was that the redistricting he pushed through made his own re-election far less certain.

DeLay's fall from grace should probably be a warning to all of us of the risks of hubris, whatever our occupation, station in life, or political party.

Mariner

6. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    AT least the GOP will retain the seat so the Democrats won't get another vote to push their protectionist, obstructionist policies in 2007.

As for DeLay, I never liked him and when all is said and done, I doubt he will be found innocent of the charges against him.

7. Madacapa

Madacapa Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I do not like DeLay. I have disliked him since the first time I saw him on TV. It was an instant dislike, and it had nothing to do with his politics. As far as that goes, he is completely wrong. His so called friends in the GOP have abandoned him, and I think it has more to do with his personality than his legal troubles.

DeLay is a bully, and no one likes a bully. He was successful, yes, but that was because he could raise a lot of money and he could win elections. Now, that is all over. Maybe he can return to his pest control company, but it looks like he is going to jail.

The Republican Revolution is over; the Democratic Dynasty will return!

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Welcome, great first post! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

9. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Got bored over at DU?

10. Avatar4321

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    Please, just because Delay is resigning doesn't mean he is dirty. It's possible. But id rather wait till there is, you know, Proof, before I condemn a man.

But then, there are those who go by the theory that he is Republican so naturally he is dirty.