Delay in supplying trucks led to Marine deaths

Lets see...who controlls the purse strings? Last time I checked it was Congress....hmmmm.....I dont remember seeing all the latest and greatest flowing to the military when the Dems were in power (not that the Repubs are any better) and now that they have a majority I dont see them making any larger allocations for R&D for the military equipment that could be even better than what we have now....*hmph* I guess the next war will be fought with what they have on hand snd not what they could have had. I think one of those light sabres would be pretty cool for soldiers to carry...

Then it is up to Bush to get the figures needed and present them to congress long before calling for war. “Hey guys, look. Before you authorize war and I send our troops to war, it looks like we are going to need so many more well armored vehicles. We will need so much more fuel than we have ready and so much more other stuff. This war will cost so much money. Otherwise we will probably have so many injuries and so many unnecessary deaths due to lack of appropriate armor.”

Hopefully, before we think about going to war, we will be more prepared. There will be much more proof – absolute proof that war is warranted. If and when we declare another war there will be much more caution and much more forethought. The leader will think before sending out soldiers away. He will make sure that hospitals are up to par and that we have enough armor.

No. The buck should stop with the commander in chief. Not with the Democrats in congress. Not with the Department of Defense. Bush is the one who ultimately pushed the button. As I said before, he charged in way too soon without sufficient forethought about preparedness or consequences. It would not have taken too much time and trouble for him to network with the defense department and ask if they were ready.

They should have had more than enough appropriate vehicles for the terrain more than adequately armored for what they would likely face.

Oh well. Then I guess that we should have run it even more cheaply and just supply them with Yugos.

You just don't know what you're talking about, Matts.

And of course the president's DOD has nothing to do with deciding how the funds allocated by Congress are spent ...

nope... nah... couldn't be. :eusa_whistle:

They don't. Each service submits a budget to their respective service secretaries who add or subtract what they want who sends it to DoD who adds or subtracts what it wants. Unless it's a specific, special allocation, which is then sent directly to the affected party(ies), DoD does not control inter-service allocations.

Further, the services report their respective branches ready and capable and aren't going to say otherwise. That raises questions and questions being raised at the General officer level might mean losing another star or cush assignment.

The bottom line ism however, Congress, not the President controls the budget. He can veto it, but then they can override his veto if he's so wrong and they're so right.

The fact is, the enitre argument is BS, as I said up front. Troops aren't worth equipment with prohibitive cost, period. That's the way it is with EVERY politician on the Hill. To try and lay it solely on the President is bullshit.

If everything was as accusers say, then all this wonderful equipment would be in the field by now, right? Must not be so wonderful.

Then it is up to Bush to get the figures needed and present them to congress long before calling for war. “Hey guys, look. Before you authorize war and I send our troops to war, it looks like we are going to need so many more well armored vehicles. We will need so much more fuel than we have ready and so much more other stuff. This war will cost so much money. Otherwise we will probably have so many injuries and so many unnecessary deaths due to lack of appropriate armor.”

Hopefully, before we think about going to war, we will be more prepared. There will be much more proof – absolute proof that war is warranted. If and when we declare another war there will be much more caution and much more forethought. The leader will think before sending out soldiers away. He will make sure that hospitals are up to par and that we have enough armor.

You have no idea how it works. do you!

No point is discussing this with you because you don't even care enough to find out....you just want to bash Bush at the expense of the military. Why am I not surprised? I bet your walls are lined with pictures of flag draped caskets.

I bet your walls are lined with pictures of flag draped caskets.

Too bad our public building aren't done this way. Maybe people would realize that our military are dying. But not, just go out and spend to stimulate the economy.

When the real affects of wars are deliberately hidden like this, the people in charge are worried and the people are dumbed down.

Nothing to look at here people, just keep moving on.

Too bad our public building aren't done this way. Maybe people would realize that our military are dying. But not, just go out and spend to stimulate the economy.

When the real affects of wars are deliberately hidden like this, the people in charge are worried and the people are dumbed down.

Nothing to look at here people, just keep moving on.

Of course they're deliberately hidden. Who'd ever think it had anything to do with respect?:rolleyes:

You have no idea how it works. do you!

No point is discussing this with you because you don't even care enough to find out....you just want to bash Bush at the expense of the military. Why am I not surprised? I bet your walls are lined with pictures of flag draped caskets.

I might not know how it works since I never served in the military but I know how it should have worked. I guess that people who disagreed with how Clinton handled other nations militarily “bashed Clinton at the expense of the military”. My criticism of the way Bush is handling the “war” is not equivalent to “bashing Bush” I like him in other respects and even agree with him in other respects. I think that he handled the unnecessary war very poorly. That is all. Also my criticism of Bush does not cost the military anything. On the contrary, I would have hoped that they had more money and resources. No. I have a couple of American flags and letters but not pictures of caskets. You are so wrong with your post.

Forum List

Back