Delaware bans Spanking

Dissent

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
FEMA region 4
Spanking Ban in Delaware? First State to Pass Law Expanding Child Abuse Definition Sparks Debate | Parenting - Yahoo! Shine
Love this tidbit from the article. In the wake of the backlash, the Attorney General's office plans to launch a campaign outlining exactly what's considered reasonable discipline, and to inform parents of their rights.

YEAH! The state is going to inform me of MY rights...kiss my ass Delaware...my kids I discipline how I see fit...I had my ass blistered more than a handful of times and I damn sure deserved it to...it wasn't abuse it was discipline for misbehaving....I guess when spanking becomes outlawed only outlaws will spank...fucking nanny state.

• Banned
LMAO its also a personal choice....don't want to be executed? Don't commit murder. Very simple. This has nothing to do with child abuse it has everything to do with the state thinking it has the right to dictate how we discipline our children.

I really have no opinion on this but I do wonder about people who proudly announce that they had their asses beat as children and plan to pass it on to their own children as a proud tradition, I was subject to such treatment as a child and I can positively say that it had little positive effect on my behavior after the age of 5 or so, it just made me sneakier.

Now you see how we got to be a society with so many people in prison. Those who grow up without discipline or consequences become adults without discipline who don't think there should be consequences.

Spanking Ban in Delaware? First State to Pass Law Expanding Child Abuse Definition Sparks Debate | Parenting - Yahoo! Shine
Love this tidbit from the article. In the wake of the backlash, the Attorney General's office plans to launch a campaign outlining exactly what's considered reasonable discipline, and to inform parents of their rights.

YEAH! The state is going to inform me of MY rights...kiss my ass Delaware...my kids I discipline how I see fit...I had my ass blistered more than a handful of times and I damn sure deserved it to...it wasn't abuse it was discipline for misbehaving....I guess when spanking becomes outlawed only outlaws will spank...fucking nanny state.

Beyond a swat, is child abuse....That swat is only good until about the age of two.
Anything beyond that only teaches violence.

I too, took many whippings, the only thing it taught me was not to get caught. So when I raised my 4, they were not spanked.

The only purpose behind the violence is so you feel better, you havent taught the lesson.

If little Johnny stabs the family pet dog with a butcher knife or while playing with matches sets the garage on fire.

It would be inhumane and brutal to spank the little tike for his misguided actions.

The proper recourse would be to call in a team of psychologists and social workers who could work with little Johnny and explain to him how his behavior was not acceptable.

And then reward him with milk and cookies after each therapy session. :cool:

If little Johnny stabs the family pet dog with a butcher knife or while playing with matches sets the garage on fire.

It would be inhumane and brutal to spank the little tike for his misguided actions.

The proper recourse would be to call in a team of psychologists and social workers who could work with little Johnny and explain to him how his behavior was not acceptable.

And then reward him with milk and cookies after each therapy session. :cool:

while interesting, making light of the true work counselors do, puts you in a very dumb position.

It takes thinking to effectively discipline children without hitting them. You demand that teachers do it every day...but you don't have to THINK, just hit.

As a teacher I became very creative at hurting a kid's feelings and did the same with my kids. My kids are better behaved and also better off financially than their Mom.

May all those who hit their kids be subject to their dear kiddies choosing which nursing home to dump them in.

Regards from Rosie

I got spanked as a child and feel I deserved everyone. I spanked my children. One swat on the butt just to get their attention and that was only up to they were age 5 and then it was toys that were taking away. I see no problem with a swat on the butt if everything else you tried did not work. Some kids need it , some do not. My boys were pretty good and hardly ever got a swat on the butt.. Some of these kids today who talk back to their parents, dont listen need their ass kicked. They have no respect for adults ..I think a little fear when they are small gives them that feeling that they need to respect adults and authority .. Now you see kids talking back to cops , teachers . When I was a kid I would never do that for the fear of the trouble I would get into. My kids respect adults. When their teachers call , I get the message I am calling to tell you what a pleasure my boys are and the only reason they are calling is because they had to call all parents not just the bad kids. And would tell me they wish they would have all the kids act like mine because they had manners and were brought up right!

It takes thinking to effectively discipline children without hitting them. You demand that teachers do it every day...but you don't have to THINK, just hit.

As a teacher I became very creative at hurting a kid's feelings and did the same with my kids. My kids are better behaved and also better off financially than their Mom.

May all those who hit their kids be subject to their dear kiddies choosing which nursing home to dump them in.

Regards from Rosie

And look at what the schools have become, kids have no respect for anyone or anything, I doubt you taught highschool where teachers fear for their safety daily. I decided 40 years ago not to have children because it was easy to see what was coming after they started to remove discipline from the schools. Now we have 2 generations who in large part are a bunch of selfish brats, you need only look to the OWS movement for proof.

The state thinks you have children to please the state. Fuck the state

Regards from Rosie

And look at what the schools have become, kids have no respect for anyone or anything, I doubt you taught highschool where teachers fear for their safety daily. I decided 40 years ago not to have children because it was easy to see what was coming after they started to remove discipline from the schools. Now we have 2 generations who in large part are a bunch of selfish brats, you need only look to the OWS movement for proof.

That is precisely backwards. The news is not full of arrests at high schools but in the streets. Why do you think the Chicago teacher's strike caused such worry? Because the kids are safer in the school building than anywhere else. I know this personally from having taught where there were race riots.

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back