deju vu all over again

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if5cW--WVX8]2/29/2012 -- Tornado watch zones EXPANDED to Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee - YouTube[/ame]

Australia flooding. Huge snowstorms and cold in Europe. And it 65 in St. Loius under a tornado watch. Just normal weather folks, nothing to see here, move along.

Ray.........might as well post this up.................

wizard_of_oz_tornado.jpg

Everybody has seen it before..........nobody cares anymore. A few years ago, it resonated to some degree but too much over-reach has left the people saying, "meh". To a vast majority of people, all this weather stuff is still well within the mean. Like I said last week..........if we see 4 straight weeks of 50 degrees in northern Alaska mid-winter next year, people will pay attention.

Last edited:
2Mar12 More tornados in one day than normal in the whole month of March. 28 known dead at present.

Australia experiancing more flooding, in some places exceeding anything since records have been kept.

Starting to warm up in Europe, finally.

Now officially the largest single outbreak of tornadoes in US history.

Neighbor down the road had his windows broken out and holes punched thru his tin barn roof by hail.

Point is, if this keeps up, and, unfortunetly, I think that it will, this will be the third year in a row in which we are seeing major infrastructure and agriculteral damage from a substancial increase over the norm in extreme weather events. How many years and how extreme does the damage have to become before the wingnuts admit that there is a problem that needs addressing?

2Mar12 More tornados in one day than normal in the whole month of March. 28 known dead at present.

Australia experiancing more flooding, in some places exceeding anything since records have been kept.

Starting to warm up in Europe?
It's March 3 dipshit. I've seen snow in the UK in April, asswipe

Neighbor down the road had his windows broken out and holes punched thru his tin barn roof by hail.
A day or so of unusual cold, then unusually warm, here for over a week. A two month drought, now it has rained 4 days straight. VERY unusual.

How many tornadoes?

2/29/2012 -- Tornado watch zones EXPANDED to Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee - YouTube

Australia flooding. Huge snowstorms and cold in Europe. And it 65 in St. Loius under a tornado watch. Just normal weather folks, nothing to see here, move along.

Jesus Christ not this again.....whats the hurricane count old hocks? hows that going for the whacky world of jigged stats? :rolleyes:

Dumb fuck, we just exceeded the '74 outbreak. But keep your eyes shut, your ears tightly plugged. Be absolutely sure you don't observe reality. Folks like you cannot handle it.

Starting to warm up in Europe?
It's March 3 dipshit. I've seen snow in the UK in April, asswipe

And I have seen snow in Tacoma in May. So what. It is starting to warm up in Europe and melting the snow that they have had.

A day or so of unusual cold, then unusually warm, here for over a week. A two month drought, now it has rained 4 days straight. VERY unusual.

How many tornadoes?

Not sure yet. Maybe 40 in KY?

Point is, if this keeps up, and, unfortunetly, I think that it will, this will be the third year in a row in which we are seeing major infrastructure and agriculteral damage from a substancial increase over the norm in extreme weather events. How many years and how extreme does the damage have to become before the wingnuts admit that there is a problem that needs addressing?

What is the problem and what do you propose to do to address it?

What is the problem and what do you propose to do to address it?

Thats whats changed in recent years...........people realize there is a disconnect. What? Vaporize all fossil fuel burning vehicles? Nuke the coal areas? Put up 50,000 windmills in 50 days? Make half of each state a solar panel?

THATS what make people come back to the science which begs the question................prove it??

You know.........I saw a bee flying around amonth ago here in New York. Never saw that before in February............ever. So..........what? Do I call an exterminator because I saw one bee? Should I go buy a few food pods at $800 a pop just in case? Head out into my back yard and start my emegency ark project?

Sorry.......no thanks...........Im barely hanging in with all the fucking stress in life as it is ( as are scores of millions of others)

The ark project is going to have to wait ( and Im definately not driving one of those 2 door gay SPECKs so................)

RealityLand sucks to have to visit, but there we are!!!:coffee:

Last edited:

Yeah, we've never ever had months with more than the ave number of tornadoes before.

The problem with blaming the floods on global warming is the fact that all your high priests were claiming it would cause droughts, not floods.

Predictions after the fact aren't worth shit. Every witch doctor says "I told you not to offend the gods."

I imagine the ten states hit in the last day, and the tornado watch now where I am, will NEVER convince them.It hit 83 here today, high tomorrow forecast to be 62; third time in a little over a week we have seen 20+ degree changes on ONE day. It is unusual; no conclusions as the Tornado Watch continues. But, I'm a LONG way from Indiana.

PS The print on the Board just got much smaller.

Dumb fuck, we just exceeded the '74 outbreak. But keep your eyes shut, your ears tightly plugged. Be absolutely sure you don't observe reality. Folks like you cannot handle it.

How many weather radars did they have in 1974, eh moron? Did you know that before the advent of weather radar most tornadoes went unrecorded?

What does it even mean to say that we exceeded the 74 outbreak? Exceeded by what, total damage? That would be the result of higher population and increased property values. Even if you have the same total number of tornadoes, the damage one year can be far greater than another because of pure chance. If the tornadoes miss populated areas, no damage. If they score a bulls eye, huge damage. It's a pure crap shoot.

Anyone who uses this brand of idiocy to defend the AGW delusion is a con man.

Forum List

Back