Deja Vu

Just on the partisanship. Interesting article here. It's not partisan but it made me think.

America shows politics of a sort is a real threat to democracy - Michael Duffy

More at link.

I disagree with this.

We are actually doing the opposite.

Places like the south are seeing an influx people from other parts of the nation due to people finding cheaper places to live and job relocation. the internet has also added to the ideas people in isolated areas hear. The partisanship was a political tactic emerging from the Republican party seeking to separate out voting blocks. "You cant be a true Christain and vote for the Democratic people because they love the gays and want everyone to get abortions". They also demonized words like Liberal. They maligned the news as liberal relentlessly so that the corprations could start giving us slanted news in their favor.

It was a political thrust orchastrated to buy them a permenant majority.
It was coupled with a taking over the voting system so that they could make the results they wanted.

This election is a test of wether America can overcome these concerted efforts by the monied interests to own our goverment. I think we have a chance this time. If they "win" this election you better look for revolution in this country. I dont think the peopel will sit by and watch after the mess they have made of things.

Last edited:
I disagree with this.

We are actually doing the opposite.

Places like the south are seeing an influx people from other parts of the nation due to people finding cheaper places to live and job relocation. the internet has also added to the ideas people in isolated areas. The partisanship was a political tactic emerging from the Republican party seeking to separate out voting blocks. "You cant be a true Christain and vote for the Democratic people because they love the gays and want everyone to get abortions". They also demonized words like Liberal. They maligned the news as liberal relentlessly so that the corprations could start giving us slanted news in their favor.

It was a political thrust orchastrated to buy them a permenant majority.
It was coupled with a taking over the voting system so that they could make the results they wanted.

This election is a test of wether America can overcome these concerted efforts by the monied interests to own our goverment. I think we have a chance this time. If they "win" this election you better look for revolution in this country. I dont think the peopel will sit by and watch after the mess they have made of things.

pssssst---the Democrats have tons of money too. Don't be goofy.

If elected, Obama will be our first Affirmative Action President.

Bets the shit out of having another legacy POTUS, though, doesn't it? At least this AA winner actually has the acumen to be POTUS, unlike the disaster that Bush was for this nation

Or are you of the opinion that Bush II's combined efforts int he last eight years was good for this nation?

Bets the shit out of having another legacy POTUS, though, doesn't it? At least this AA winner actually has the acumen to be POTUS, unlike the disaster that Bush was for this nation

Or are you of the opinion that Bush II's combined efforts int he last eight years was good for this nation?

I think he was good for some and bad for others--pretty much like all of em. It all depends which party you belong to.

no doubt---I can't think of another president that ever got the guilt vote.

What you see as guilt is actually the ability to realize people of any color can be extrodinary.

To really think that the acheivemants of this man are nothing is the opposite of guilt my little quacker its jelousy.

What you see as guilt is actually the ability to realize people of any color can be extrodinary.

To really think that the acheivemants of this man are nothing is the opposite of guilt my little quacker its jelousy.

what are this "extrodinary" colored person's achievements again ?

Barack Hussein Obama II is the junior United States Senator from Illinois and presidential nominee of the Democratic Party in the 2008 general election.

Obama is the first African American to be nominated by a major political party for president. A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as president of the Harvard Law Review, Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney before serving three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. Following an unsuccessful bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2000, he announced his campaign for the U.S. Senate in January 2003. After a primary victory in March 2004, Obama delivered the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in July 2004. He was elected to the Senate in November 2004 with 70% of the vote.

As a member of the Democratic minority in the 109th Congress, he helped create legislation to control conventional weapons and to promote greater public accountability in the use of federal funds. He also made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. During the 110th Congress, he helped create legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel. After announcing his presidential campaign in February 2007, Obama emphasized withdrawing American troops from Iraq, energy independence, decreasing the influence of lobbyists, and promoting universal health care as top national priorities.

what are this "extrodinary" colored person's achievements again ?

Coming from nowhere and having achieved such intellectual and political prowess in his formative years that he was chosen from among all Democrats to be their candidate for POTUS for starters.

What was Bush II's claim?

Having started with every advantage money and family influence can buy, after having lost some family money in foolish business ventures, he used his political connections to make a baseball franchise successful by forcing taxpayers to buy his baseball team a stadium.

Then, being voted in as executive in a state where being an executive is largely a figurehead position and the real heavy lifting of administration is done by committee..

Finally, cobbling together a cabal crooked enough to steal an election.

Given what little talent Bush II was working with personally, his remarkable achievement to prove the validity of the Peter Principle is noteworthy, to be sure.

Last edited:
Bets the shit out of having another legacy POTUS, though, doesn't it?

At least this AA winner actually has the acumen to be POTUS, unlike the disaster that Bush was for this nation

Obviously, Bush I and II were disasters. But to say that Obama is better because he's not a 'legacy' POTUS and has the 'acumen' (which is debatable) doesn't make any sense, either. Obama certainly appears to be somewhat weak as a politician in the same way that Bill Clinton was. And since Bill Clinton's policies were so wildly unpopular, that ushered in a conservative-controlled Congress which kept our government in check for years. Let's hope if Obama gets the nod that something similar happens.

Coming from nowhere and having achieved such intellectual and political prowess in his formative years that he was chosen from among all Democrats to be their candidate for POTUS for starters.

By who the DNC who needed a black candidate ?
Everyone comes from nowhere.
Intellectual- ? because he wrote a diary ??? :lol:
Where have all the black leaders been recently BTW ??? I'm hearing nothing from them. Jesse, Charlie, AL ?? Are they all pissed or what ?

He was born in a poor family.
This is why you guys have no credibility. You deep throat the Democratic lines and never research it for yourself. He was not born to a poor family. He was born of polygamist African college student and a young naive white student, and raised by his white grandparentsand a hippie culture voyager mom whose values were very middle class. Obama was never poor like blacks living in inner city Chicago or rual Georgia. He never went hungry or did without decent clothes or suffered with substandard schools and teachers. Saying Obama was "poor" is a lie to make the him appear larger than life. Obama is a fraud.

Hey moron, I'm talking about the regular Democrats, registered voters, not the actual politicans. They jump ship all the fucking time and vote outside their party, especially for President...how else do you explain only 2 Democratic presidents in the last 30 years?

and what law are you referring to that was broken by Jefferson? are you talking about Thomas Jefferson? seriously? you're reaching all the way back to the third president? :lol:

perhaps you can list the crimes committed by Democrats that didn't cost them their position in office. thanks in advance.

You pathetic, uninformed twit. How are we supposed to have a conversation when you do not know enough about the subject to even start?

Yeah, let's compare somebody who has been governor of a backwater state for two years with a population of just over 680,000, with somebody who has been senator for almost four years of a state that has a population of over 12 million that includes a city (Chicago) that has four times the population of Alaska...

Hey, if I could, I'd draw you a pic of a straw, just so you could try and virtually clutch it....:cool:

Not showing up to vote most of the time counts as experience?

:eusa_doh:

Obviously, Bush I and II were disasters. But to say that Obama is better because he's not a 'legacy' POTUS and has the 'acumen' (which is debatable) doesn't make any sense, either. Obama certainly appears to be somewhat weak as a politician in the same way that Bill Clinton was. And since Bill Clinton's policies were so wildly unpopular, that ushered in a conservative-controlled Congress which kept our government in check for years. Let's hope if Obama gets the nod that something similar happens.

Actually I thought Bush I a man of honor and one whose treatment by patriotic American historians will be rather kind.

He oversaw this ship of state while the Soviet Union was disinterating and that was no mean feat.

He reversed his promise not to increase taxes for the greater good of the Republic when he knew perfectly well it would cost him a second term.

I admire such a man, to be honest, even though I often objected to most of his policies.

Bush II is going down as the worst POTUS in US history in the editecian version of American history.

I cannot think of a more disasterous two termer than Junior.

So...his qualifications are...................he tried really hard?

BWA-HA-HA

Dude, seriously. You're an ass. He makes a great point, and you should have least try to acknowledge what he's trying to say, regardless of what you believe or who you're voting for, as should everybody. Republicans are haters.

newpolitics wrote:
Dude, seriously. You're an ass. ... Republicans are haters.

Thanks for the giggle of the morning. This was priceless...I love when people ask for others to be open-minded, non-judgmental, and willing to discuss their opinions calmly with others who feel differently....right before they say something closed-minded, judgmental, and stupid. Hehe. Thanks! I needed the chuckle!

newpolitics wrote:

Thanks for the giggle of the morning. This was priceless...I love when people ask for others to be open-minded, non-judgmental, and willing to discuss their opinions calmly with others who feel differently....right before they say something closed-minded, judgmental, and stupid. Hehe. Thanks! I needed the chuckle!

You're welcome :)

You pathetic, uninformed twit. How are we supposed to have a conversation when you do not know enough about the subject to even start?

please enlighten us Gray. WHo are you referring to when you say Jefferson was elected twice? you make yourself unclear if you speak in some sort of code that no one except you and your idiot cohorts understand.

and do you deny that only 2 democrats have been elected President in the last 30 years?

Forum List

Back