Deja Vu

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Do you remember when Kerry was running against Mr. Bush? They kept attacking his active service in combat in Vietnam and ignored Bush's staying in Alabama in the Guard? I never really understood that. One has shrapnel in his leg the other probably a bad liver, but they knocked the one who went to Vietnam.

Now on TV, I keep hearing from some of the right wingsluts that Obama never worked for a thing in his life. What the fuck is that? He was born in a poor family. A half breed in a somewhat racist society. He got into Harvard. He graduated at the top. He has earned his way, and the little fat Ed Rodgers says he never worked for anything.

He sponsored or co sponsored over 400 bills in Illinois, and in a Republican controlled Senate he got two bills passes that he sponsored.

McCain's father was an Admiral. His second wife a millionaire. Right, he worked, Obama didn't.

Do you remember when Kerry was running against Mr. Bush? They kept attacking his active service in combat in Vietnam and ignored Bush's staying in Alabama in the Guard? I never really understood that. One has shrapnel in his leg the other probably a bad liver, but they knocked the one who went to Vietnam.

Now on TV, I keep hearing from some of the right wingsluts that Obama never worked for a thing in his life. What the fuck is that? He was born in a poor family. A half breed in a somewhat racist society. He got into Harvard. He graduated at the top. He has earned his way, and the little fat Ed Rodgers says he never worked for anything.

He sponsored or co sponsored over 400 bills in Illinois, and in a Republican controlled Senate he got two bills passes that he sponsored.

McCain's father was an Admiral. His second wife a millionaire. Right, he worked, Obama didn't.

So...his qualifications are...................he tried really hard?

BWA-HA-HA

Republican really cannot stand people like Obama or Clinton.

You see in their world view, people of superior merit should move out of their class and never looking back, they should work for those with money.

After all, they reason, isn't their team the team that represents superior people (Never mind that they supported somebody like Bush II, they believe, as is evidenced all the time on boards like these)

Hence we have the Republican loyalists lauding Bush II, whose life's vita is one of previlege and failure, while they attack the accomplisments and vita of people like Obama or Clinton who started with very little and achieved great success consistently whereever they went.

Double standard, you ask?

Their political assassin techniques aren't even that honest.

Remember how many republican loyalists thought McCain was a RINO just a few years back?

Most of those Republicans have agreed to have collective amnesia about that fact, haven't they?

Republican loyalist, most of them, don't appear to have any hard and fast standards, or values ---they are merely partisans for their team.

They take their talking points (however illogical or dishonest those are) and they spew them, as they do so often here, like good little GOP soldiers.

These folks are not really hypocrites so much as they are ammoral pragamatists when it comes to politics.

Basically they're become students at the ROVIAN SCHOOL OF POLITICS which believes winning for the team at any cost mitigates their sins however dishonorable or stupid it makes them seem to people with a memory and a sense of honor.

One will lie, ten will swarm in to confirm the lie, even if last week they ALL believed something entirely different. They conform to the party line of the moment. There is no history they cannot deny if it suits their needs of the moment.

GROUPTHINKERS to the last, they become a formitable team to defeat in elections, you Dems have gotta
admit that.

Republican really cannot stand people like Obama or Clinton.

You see in their world view, people of superior merit should move out of their class and never looking back, they should work for those with money.

After all, they reason, isn't their team the team that represents superior people (Never mind that they supported somebody like Bush II, they believe, as is evidenced all the time on boards like these)

Hence we have the Republican loyalists lauding Bush II, whose life's vita is one of previlege and failure, while they attack the accomplisments and vita of people like Obama or Clinton who started with very little and achieved great success consistently whereever they went.

Double standard, you ask?

Their political assassin techniques aren't even that honest.

Remember how many republican loyalists thought McCain was a RINO just a few years back?

Most of those Republicans have agreed to have collective amnesia about that fact, haven't they?

Republican loyalist, most of them, don't appear to have any hard and fast standards, or values ---they are merely partisans for their team.

They take their talking points (however illogical or dishonest those are) and they spew them, as they do so often here, like good little GOP soldiers.

These folks are not really hypocrites so much as they are ammoral pragamatists when it comes to politics.

Basically they're become students at the ROVIAN SCHOOL OF POLITICS which believes winning for the team at any cost mitigates their sins however dishonorable or stupid it makes them seem to people with a memory and a sense of honor.

One will lie, ten will swarm in to confirm the lie, even if last week they ALL believed something entirely different. They conform to the party line of the moment. There is no history they cannot deny if it suits their needs of the moment.

GROUPTHINKERS to the last, they become a formitable team to defeat in elections, you Dems have gotta
admit that.

Change a few names and you have described BOTH parties pretty well !

No you were not. You were trying to validate your first post in this thread and failed miserably...but neocons are used to that...:D

You inferred that Obama had experience and that Bush did not.

I pointed out that Bush was governor.

Thanks for playing.

Have a nice day.

Just on the partisanship. Interesting article here. It's not partisan but it made me think.

America shows politics of a sort is a real threat to democracy - Michael Duffy

Politics in America is notoriously more partisan and passionate than here. This is often put down to its voluntary voting system, which can make it more important for politicians to excite those with an interest in politics (and persuade them to turn out to vote) than persuade the uninterested, who will never vote.

But a new book suggests a very different reason for this partisanship, which it claims is getting even more ferocious. The book's called The Big Sort, and its argument is that Americans are now clustering in like-minded communities, which increases political polarisation.

The author and small-town journalist, Bill Bishop, says 100 million Americans moved from one county to another in the past decade, and thanks to increased prosperity and information they had more choice about where they went than before and were more likely to move to places where there were people like themselves. They were chasing lifestyle, but lifestyle has political implications. (Bishop told me a key difference between Democrats and Republicans is: "Lawn chemicals. The physical distance between homes is the best indicator: Republicans are more likely to have grass around their house.")

More at link.

You inferred that Obama had experience and that Bush did not.

I pointed out that Bush was governor.

Thanks for playing.

Have a nice day.

No, I inferred that Bush had NO experience. And he didn't. Being a marionette is not experience, it is being a marionette.

Carry on...:eusa_shhh:

first, editec, great post! :clap2:

second dillo, you're a very disingenuous person if you can actually sit here and say that the Dem party and the REpub party are even remotely similar in that regard.

Did you not hear Bill Clinton out just a few weeks ago saying that the financial crisis was the Dems fault? Did you not hear him praising McCain?

How many times have Dems lost the election because other Dems will jump ship and vote Republican? It's what the Republicans count on to win because there are more registered Democrats in this country than Republicans.

If there were party loyalty in the Democratic party like there is in the Republican party the Republicans would NEVER win an election.

first, editec, great post! :clap2:

second dillo, you're a very disingenuous person if you can actually sit here and say that the Dem party and the REpub party are even remotely similar in that regard.

Did you not hear Bill Clinton out just a few weeks ago saying that the financial crisis was the Dems fault? Did you not hear him praising McCain?

How many times have Dems lost the election because other Dems will jump ship and vote Republican? It's what the Republicans count on to win because there are more registered Democrats in this country than Republicans.

If there were party loyalty in the Democratic party like there is in the Republican party the Republicans would NEVER win an election.

and vice versa.

Moving to like thinking communities?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm? Isn't that what has happened in Iraq with Sunni and Shite?

Maybe there was a plan after all.:cuckoo:

You are delusional. I suggest you seek professional help.

Democrats are the ones who always march to the Liberal tune.

Republicans are quick to chastise their own and call them on the carpet.

When was the last time you saw a Democrat ask to step down for breaking the law? I think Jefferson was even re-elected!

No, I inferred that Bush had NO experience. And he didn't. Being a marionette is not experience, it is being a marionette.

Carry on...:eusa_shhh:

So....in order to Claim Palin has "no experience" you have to lie and say that being Governor does not count....

Do not bother to tell me what experience Obama has because you cannot.

So....in order to Claim Palin has "no experience" you have to lie and say that being Governor does not count....

Do not bother to tell me what experience Obama has because you cannot.

Yeah, let's compare somebody who has been governor of a backwater state for two years with a population of just over 680,000, with somebody who has been senator for almost four years of a state that has a population of over 12 million that includes a city (Chicago) that has four times the population of Alaska...

Hey, if I could, I'd draw you a pic of a straw, just so you could try and virtually clutch it....:cool:

You are delusional. I suggest you seek professional help.

Democrats are the ones who always march to the Liberal tune.

Republicans are quick to chastise their own and call them on the carpet.

When was the last time you saw a Democrat ask to step down for breaking the law? I think Jefferson was even re-elected!

Hey moron, I'm talking about the regular Democrats, registered voters, not the actual politicans. They jump ship all the fucking time and vote outside their party, especially for President...how else do you explain only 2 Democratic presidents in the last 30 years?

and what law are you referring to that was broken by Jefferson? are you talking about Thomas Jefferson? seriously? you're reaching all the way back to the third president? :lol:

perhaps you can list the crimes committed by Democrats that didn't cost them their position in office. thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back