Deja Vu El Baradei Strikes Again

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4218085.stm

World leaders must not take rash action over Iran's nuclear programme, the head of the UN nuclear watchdog, Mohamed ElBaradei, has said.
"We need to exhaust all possible diplomatic remedies before the international community can think of any other option," he told the BBC.

The International Atomic Energy Agency says Iran is agreeing to inspections.

But the United States says Iran is using its energy programme to hide the development of nuclear weapons.

"It [the inspection process] takes time," Mr ElBaradei told BBC World Service radio.

"But as long as you're making progress, as long as you don't see any imminent threat and we don't see that today in Iran, I think we need to exhaust all possible diplomatic remedies before the international community can think of any other option."

'Greater threat'

France, Germany and the United Kingdom are trying to broker a deal under which Iran would stop producing nuclear fuel in return for political and economic incentives from the Europeans.

Speaking on the fringes of the World Economic Forum in Switzerland, Mr ElBaradei said that North Korea presented a more imminent threat of proliferation than Iran.

"To me, North Korea obviously is a much more serious issue right now... Unlike Iran we know for sure that they have the nuclear material that could go directly into a weapons programme," he said.

Multilateral talks on North Korea's nuclear programme have stalled.

Sir Evil said:
Well he's right! all options must be met than we need to exhaust ElBaradei before these extremists exhaust the entire world!

~I see into the past~ October 2002, UN, Diplomacy, Resolutions, etc.

Sir Evil said:
~I see into the crystl ball~ thanks to our liberal counterparts we have no choice but to go the non working resolution route, and Iran tricks everyone and blows up the whole damn world! :D

Right. It's the reason that Teddy was right about the 'Big Stick' and Wilson, with his Moral Diplomacy got us into war after war. We do need to have the #'s that threats are real, then we may not need to use them, diplomacy could work.

The UN does NOT get that.

Forum List

Back