Degenerate's Tax the Rich Fixation

The 400 highest-earning taxpayers in the U.S. reported a record $105 billion in total adjusted gross income in 2006, but they paid just $18 billion in tax, new Internal Revenue Service figures show. That works out to an average federal income tax bite of 17%--the lowest rate paid by the richest 400 during the 15-year period covered by the IRS statistics.

Why take that money from the sources just to spend it on unsustainable govt policies that will require bailing out again and again?

Bailing out again?

It wasn't unsustainable government policies that required bailing out the last time around, little girl.

Why not BORROW money from sources to invest in plans that WILL pay the taxpayers back over time, and generate sustainable income to pay back the loans and eventually get out of this debt problem. For example, financing the restructuring of prison systems into working schools, hospitals, detention and treatment centers that are funded by restitution for crime and corruption as paid by the actual wrongdoers, instead of charging taxpayers two or three times over for the same crimes and costs incurred by them. Then let the lenders own shares in the property and programs, while the debts are paid back, so there is collateral on the loans.

So your plan is to have prisoners pay off the national debt by slave labor. That's a brilliant fucking plan.

So is the current deficit an economic catastrophe? If not then why worry about the pittance that raising taxes on those "millionaires" who make 250K a year will bring in?

No.

Its not a pittance. By 2014 it will be close to 1/3 of the deficit.

Please list all the assumptions that go along with that statement.

I'll see you in a week or so after you're done.

You can read the CBO report yourself.

And the CBO is always right huh.

Sorry but I don't have the blind faith in government offices that you do.

They're the ones telling you how much extra revenue will come from raising taxes on the rich, you seem to have blind faith in their numbers when it suits you.

The CBO is a programmable calculator. You give it the values, your assumptions, and your exceptions, and it calculates and spits the numbers out. Everything is reliant on the data given to it, so GIGO applies to anything it produces.

The CBO is a programmable calculator. You give it the values, your assumptions, and your exceptions, and it calculates and spits the numbers out. Everything is reliant on the data given to it, so GIGO applies to anything it produces.

Not quite like that. In fact, it's part of three-tier support mechanism, that does the heavy lifting for our elected folks on Capitol Hill, at an annual cost of about $500 million. Pols can sound like they know shit they don't have a clue about. Not too shabby, if you can get elected.

And what the many, learned economists, attorneys, research librarians, etc, etc, plus top tier college interns on the fast-track to lofty job offers crank out, while merely speculating at times, but mostly cranking out hard historical facts, is in fact highly regarded and often the basis for much of what other private think-tanks further speculate on.

Last edited:

They're the ones telling you how much extra revenue will come from raising taxes on the rich, you seem to have blind faith in their numbers when it suits you.

I have not quoted the cbo.

But since you put so much faith in the cbo it also says that the result of letting the bush tax cuts expire and the automatic spending cuts would only be a .5% drop in growth and a 1% increase in unemployment.

So in other words we won't really be any worse off than we have been for the past 4 years.

But you probably don't believe that part of what they say right?

Last edited:

Not quite like that. In fact, it's part of three-tier support mechanism, that does the heavy lifting for our elected folks on Capitol Hill, at an annual cost of about $500 million. Pols can sound like they know shit they don't have a clue about. Not too shabby, if you can get elected.

And what the many, learned economists, attorneys, research librarians, etc, etc, plus top tier college interns on the fast-track to lofty job offers crank out, while merely speculating at times, but mostly cranking out hard historical facts, is in fact highly regarded and often the basis for much of what other private think-tanks further speculate on.

Its still based on the data given to it, and if the data provided is based on wishful thinking...

GIGO.

Its still based on the data given to it, and if the data provided is based on wishful thinking...

GIGO.

Not entirely nor even a plurality. They research data, which is often used by businesses, goverments and think-tanks Left and Right.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back