Defusing the dog "issue"?

I read an OP that this joking actually let's them sneak the Seamus issue back in by making light of this incident....

I think comparing the two stories, Romney looks worse on balance, because it's a 36 year old man vs a 9 year old kid.

But it's still a pretty stupid and trite thing to be even talking about.

Since this is going to end up in the Rubber Room with all the other Seamus/Dog Eating threads, maybe we should rename the Rubber Room the "Dog Pound"?

obama joked about eating dog. Which makes as much sense as Michael Vick joking about torturing dogs.

Don't you mean it makes about as much sense as Mitt Romney joking about torturing dogs?

Well the funny thing is it was High Holy Bishop Willard Mitt Romney that started telling the tale, thinking it was an endearing story.

Obama's book barely gives it a mention..and only serves to show the culture shock of new foods in his new home.

PETA goes after a black man for having dogs fight each other yet shuts its mouth for half black/half white US President for eating dogs. Dems are the facts.

Now as a liberal protecting Obama's bragging on eating dog meat is a joke along with other liberals, you should realize that there is a world wide movement against Asian cruelty to animals including dogs.

It is no joke to anyone who cares about animals. I find it appalling that they continue to joke about it. Including the President. Some one should have clued him in on this.

By all means joke about your opponents and your staff but not animal cruelty. That's bizarre that they would choose to do so. Obviously all involved are highly ignorant of the ongoing battle against animal cruelty in Asia. Or they really do find it funny.

It's offensive and this issue is not going to go away. It is in real time. Check the date of the Daily Mail article.

Dogs as well as bears are routinely tortured and beaten before death to "tenderize" the "sweet meat".

The ultimate dog's dinner: Hundreds of caged canines saved from the cooking pot by quick-thinking Chinese activists

By Lee Moran

PUBLISHED: 12:39 GMT, 25 April 2012 | UPDATED: 23:20 GMT, 25 April 2012

Dogs destined to be slaughtered and served up in China's restaurants were saved when the truck transporting them was intercepted by animal rights activists.

The vehicle, carrying 505 canines packed into just 156 tiny cages, was stopped on Yunnan Province's highway from Fumin to Kunming after other drivers spotted its sickening cargo.

A number posted pictures and comments about the load on the Chinese equivalent of Twitter, Weibo, prompting the police to stop the lorry at the next toll gate.

The ultimate dog's dinner: Hundreds of caged canines saved from the cooking pot by Chinese activists | Mail Online

article-2134969-12C22375000005DC-106_306x574.jpg

article-2134969-12C227B1000005DC-217_306x574.jpg

Shocking: A total of 505 desperate-looking dogs were packed into just 156 tiny cages
article-2134969-12C222C1000005DC-206_634x436.jpg

Okay, these are horrible pictures. But have you ever been to a slaughterhouse for beef or pork or Chicken?

Much worse than this, I can tell you.

So exactly how was Obama personally responsible for this when he was 9?

I know you hate Romney. But at least don't let that cloud reality.

They have no rules over there. We do. And the rules are enforced in our slaughterhouses. And when they aren't heavy fines are levied.

I also am thrilled to death that by the heavy lobbying, Burger King is finally changing its policy to no caged animals to be used in their food. Hopefully this will happen with most of the chains.

We are moving forward at a rapid pace.

In Asia they believe that if you beat the dog before you kill it, it makes the meat sweeter.

Kind of a pre tenderizing tactic. They are housed horribly. Animal cruelty beyond.

They have bear bile farms in China as well. But the bear bile farm consists of an apartment with usually 4 bears in small cages and the bile goes for mega $$$

One restaurant that is frequented for bear meat by tourists allow the tourists to watch the beating and the torture of the bear before it is slaughtered and then cooked and served to them.

The list of animal cruelties are endless. To compare our slaughterhouses to people who sell tiger penises is a bad joke just because you don't like Romney.

To the difference in ages. Bullshit. Obama was an adult when he bragged about eating dog and that Lolo promised he could get them tiger meat.

Writing about eating dog as a child isn't "bragging" about it.

And the fact that you guys don't understand different cultural norms is baffling to me.

He bragged on eating dog and said that Lolo promised to get tiger meat. That's bragging because one has to be wealthy to afford this in Jakarta. And they were very well off.

Now to cultural norms? How do you feel about tiger penis, tiger powder from bones being sold in Asia as well?

Bear bile goes for a pretty penny. So do bear paws.

And animal rights groups seriously disagree with these so called cultural norms. And rightly so.

But libs in their defense of Obama have now shown their complete hypocrisy in regards to animal rights.

Chris Brown is under severe attack because he has had the nerve to have a gorgeous litter of American Pit Bull Terriers of exception quality. The sire and dam are magnificent beasts.

But he's evil for being a dog breeder.

Obama eats dog meat, brags on it and then jokes about it. No problemo for libs.

Writing about eating dog as a child isn't "bragging" about it.

And the fact that you guys don't understand different cultural norms is baffling to me.

He bragged on eating dog and said that Lolo promised to get tiger meat. That's bragging because one has to be wealthy to afford this in Jakarta. And they were very well off.
You're choosing to read it as bragging, because it suits your argument.

I, and most rational people I've spoken to about this, see it as describing the differences between growing up in Indonesia and growing up in the US.

Now to cultural norms? How do you feel about tiger penis, tiger powder from bones being sold in Asia as well?

Bear bile goes for a pretty penny. So do bear paws.

And animal rights groups seriously disagree with these so called cultural norms. And rightly so.
As do I - and if Obama flew to Indonesia and ate a dog tomorrow, I'd think it was pretty disgusting, and I'd have a huge problem with it.

But of course that's not what's going on here.

But libs in their defense of Obama have now shown their complete hypocrisy in regards to animal rights.
There's no "hypocrisy" here. You really wish there was, but there isn't.

Are you really claiming that Obama is responsible for the food that his step-father fed him when he was 10 years old?

Chris Brown is under severe attack because he has had the nerve to have a gorgeous litter of American Pit Bull Terriers of exception quality. The sire and dam are magnificent beasts.

But he's evil for being a dog breeder.
I don't have a problem with Chris Brown breeding dogs, as long as he's not breeding them to fight or eat.
I do, on the other hand, have a huge problem with Chris Brown for beating women.

Obama eats dog meat, brags on it and then jokes about it. No problemo for libs.

What do you think Obama should have done differently?

Native Americans often ate dog. In fact, during the American Revolution, dog was sometimes the only meat the soldiers had.

Cats, dogs, horses, cattle, goats, sheep, camels, various fowl, etc. All domesticated animals have served as food for humans at some point in history.

It's really a non-issue that he spent some time in a culture that eats dogs. I've got real reasons to not vote for Mr Obama that are centered around his political beliefs and actions.

At the risk of pissing people off, I give you this TOTALLY un-politically-correct, poor taste joke.

What do you call a Korean family with one dog?
Vegetarians.
What do you call a Korean family with 5 dogs?
Ranchers.

Obama stated that pit bulls taste delicious today! Too bad their more American than he'll ever be!

Native Americans often ate dog. In fact, during the American Revolution, dog was sometimes the only meat the soldiers had.

Cats, dogs, horses, cattle, goats, sheep, camels, various fowl, etc. All domesticated animals have served as food for humans at some point in history.

It's really a non-issue that he spent some time in a culture that eats dogs. I've got real reasons to not vote for Mr Obama that are centered around his political beliefs and actions.

At the risk of pissing people off, I give you this TOTALLY un-politically-correct, poor taste joke.

Vegetarians.
Ranchers.

And that is a funny joke. I've had fun in a couple of threads posting fun pictures as well.

But the hypocrisy of the left is stunning.

Remember the uproar when Palin as Governor was obligated to follow the advice of her Wildlife officers to allow the wolf and bear hunt in Alaska?

But now, hey eating dog meat and drinking tiger bone wine and sipping bear bile is AOK because the President spent a few years in Jakarta ate dog meat and was promised tiger meat.

Crickets from Ashley Judd and Pam Anderson.

And the reason it's an issue is because Axelrod made it an issue. Looks good on him to have them squirming over Obama eating dog.

Why should I give the left a pass when freaking Diane Sawyer is still pounding away over Seamus?

All's fair game this election.

Obama stated that pit bulls taste delicious today! Too bad their more American than he'll ever be!

He does like to portray himself as "worldly" compared to all the "bitter clinging " people in fly over country.

Vegetarians.
Ranchers.

And that is a funny joke. I've had fun in a couple of threads posting fun pictures as well.

But the hypocrisy of the left is stunning.

Remember the uproar when Palin as Governor was obligated to follow the advice of her Wildlife officers to allow the wolf and bear hunt in Alaska?

But now, hey eating dog meat and drinking tiger bone wine and sipping bear bile is AOK because the President spent a few years in Jakarta ate dog meat and was promised tiger meat.

Crickets from Ashley Judd and Pam Anderson.

And the reason it's an issue is because Axelrod made it an issue. Looks good on him to have them squirming over Obama eating dog.

Why should I give the left a pass when freaking Diane Sawyer is still pounding away over Seamus?

All's fair game this election.

And leftists try and claim the majority of the media doesn't lean left.
I agree there is some hypocrisy about these incidents from our MSM.

I know you hate Romney. But at least don't let that cloud reality.

They have no rules over there. We do. And the rules are enforced in our slaughterhouses. And when they aren't heavy fines are levied.

I also am thrilled to death that by the heavy lobbying, Burger King is finally changing its policy to no caged animals to be used in their food. Hopefully this will happen with most of the chains.

We are moving forward at a rapid pace.

In Asia they believe that if you beat the dog before you kill it, it makes the meat sweeter.

Kind of a pre tenderizing tactic. They are housed horribly. Animal cruelty beyond.

They have bear bile farms in China as well. But the bear bile farm consists of an apartment with usually 4 bears in small cages and the bile goes for mega $$$

One restaurant that is frequented for bear meat by tourists allow the tourists to watch the beating and the torture of the bear before it is slaughtered and then cooked and served to them.

The list of animal cruelties are endless. To compare our slaughterhouses to people who sell tiger penises is a bad joke just because you don't like Romney.

To the difference in ages. Bullshit. Obama was an adult when he bragged about eating dog and that Lolo promised he could get them tiger meat.

And just because you hate Obama, don't go about trying to blame him for the entire standards of the Asian meat industry. The guy was 9 years old, for crying out loud.

Just because we Americans are sissies about where our meat comes from, doesn't mean that the whole process still isn't brutal. Even if we gave our chickens beds of satin and little mansions, we are still slaughtering the crap out of them.

I'm frankly a lot more worried about how they treat PEOPLE in that part of the world and so many businesses are willing to put people out of jobs because they'll work dirt cheap to maybe buy some dog that was kept in a cage.

And the guy who sent a lot of our jobs over there? Mitt Romney.

Forum List

Back