Defund Planned Parenthood?

You do realize, don't you?, that if you give me a million dollars and tell me that I can use it for any purpose except for the purpose of providing abortions, I now have a million dollars from the remainder of my budget freed up to provide abortions. Nothing but a slight of hands, don't cha think?

Immie

ummmmmm, where did you get the money in your rest of your budget? From people DONATING their own money to planned parenthood, so NO you did not use federal money.

It is all slight of hand sweet heart. I was going to provide the testing one way or another out of my budget. Now you generously give me a million dollars. That means that I now have another million dollars and can provide another million dollars worth of abortions.

By the way, in this case, PP, much of the other funding also comes from the government in other grants.

Immie

Or you were going to spend that million on abortions. Your claim can't be supported by the evidence.

Gee, now the same people who got ACORN defunded (despite the fact there was never any convictions against them) are now trying to do the same against PP.

I know someone who is a convicted criminal though, James O'Keefe, who plea bargained himself out of a longer sentence by handing over the original ACORN tapes. Turns out they were severely edited, but then again, those same people trying to defund these groups weren't interested in the truth in the first place.

No convictions? Might want to check on that.

ACORN has been in legal trouble in several states with raid after raid on their offices by officials looking into voter fraud. More than 30 ACORN officials have been convicted of fraud and new allegations of fraud are surfacing by the day

ACORN: Part of Our Economic Downfall |

O'Keefe brought attention to the group. Voter fraud and tax evasion might not be as shocking as human slavery, but it's important. And it's not over.

Washington, DC -- June 9, 2010

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, announced today that it has obtained documents from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) related to the 2007 investigation and arrest of eight St. Louis, Missouri, workers from the “community organization” Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) for violation of election laws and voter fraud.

The documents include handwritten notes from FBI investigators interviewing canvassers working with Project Vote, an ACORN affiliate.

In addition to the hand-written notes, the documents also include copies of the arrest warrants, criminal case cover sheets and court documents. In April 2008, all eight ACORN employees involved in the scandal pled guilty to voter registration fraud.

“These documents show the need for a national criminal investigation by the Obama Justice Department into ACORN. Is Attorney General Holder doing nothing because of Obama’s close connections to ACORN and Project Vote? The information in these new documents has national implications that cry out for further investigation,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

Judicial Watch Obtains New FBI Documents Regarding ACORN Voter Fraud Investigation | Judicial Watch

I'm sure many people would like to see Planned Parenthood defunded because of abortion. I oppose their pervy sex ed program for children, but that's not the big issue. It's all about da money. Non-profits are not supposed to be motivated by greed. But when they get too big...

If they want to be a for profit abortion mill, then fine. But you don't get govt. cheese for that.

Forum List

Back