Defund NPR campain

and:
and:

The provision of chemical precursors from United States companies to Iraq was enabled by a Ronald Reagan administration policy that removed Iraq from the State Department's list of State Sponsors of Terrorism. Leaked portions of Iraq's "Full, Final and Complete" disclosure of the sources for its weapons programs shows that thiodiglycol, a substance needed to manufacture mustard gas, was among the chemical precursors provided to Iraq from US companies such as Alcolac International and Phillips. Both companies have since undergone reorganization and Phillips, once a subsidiary of Phillips Petroleum is now part of ConocoPhillips, an American oil and discount fossil fuel company, while Alcolac International has since dissolved and reformed as Alcolac Inc.[24] Alcolac was named as a defendant in the Aziz v. Iraq case presently pending in the United States District Court (Case No. 1:09-cv-00869-MJG).[citation needed]​

Bet your ass I am going to check you source.

I was just being funny, you probably thought I was hostile. unless of course you have yet to read my response. I checked the source, seems it disagrees with you;

Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein

Following further high-level policy review, Ronald Reagan issued National Security Decision Directive (NSDD) 114, dated November 26, 1983, concerned specifically with U.S. policy toward the Iran-Iraq war. The directive reflects the administration's priorities: it calls for heightened regional military cooperation to defend oil facilities, and measures to improve U.S. military capabilities in the Persian Gulf, and directs the secretaries of state and defense and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to take appropriate measures to respond to tensions in the area. It states, "Because of the real and psychological impact of a curtailment in the flow of oil from the Persian Gulf on the international economic system, we must assure our readiness to deal promptly with actions aimed at disrupting that traffic." It does not mention chemical weapon

Bush had Republican majorities in both chambers of Congress: why would he have to appease anyone on the Left?

And you are totally ignorant about Saddam's relationship with the U.S. Who do you think gave him the poison gas and chemical weapons he used on the Kurds? Reagan, who armed Saddam to fight against Iran.

Learn something, for fuck's sake.

Reagan did not arm Saddam, nor did Bush sr.

Why would Bush have to appease the left, for media support, for support of Liberal Allies. Or maybe because Bush did not have super majorities, maybe because of the Democrat's use of the filibuster. Maybe Bush also had to appease bureaucrats, so many to appease the least of all being Saudi Arabia.

Maybe you're full of shit.
yes.gif

Maybe you should provide some links.

Document or link to something that did not happen, you win, I cannot jump that high. Link to history that does not exist to prove it did not happen.

Ha, ha.

and:
and:

The provision of chemical precursors from United States companies to Iraq was enabled by a Ronald Reagan administration policy that removed Iraq from the State Department's list of State Sponsors of Terrorism. Leaked portions of Iraq's "Full, Final and Complete" disclosure of the sources for its weapons programs shows that thiodiglycol, a substance needed to manufacture mustard gas, was among the chemical precursors provided to Iraq from US companies such as Alcolac International and Phillips. Both companies have since undergone reorganization and Phillips, once a subsidiary of Phillips Petroleum is now part of ConocoPhillips, an American oil and discount fossil fuel company, while Alcolac International has since dissolved and reformed as Alcolac Inc.[24] Alcolac was named as a defendant in the Aziz v. Iraq case presently pending in the United States District Court (Case No. 1:09-cv-00869-MJG).[citation needed]​

I was just being funny, you probably thought I was hostile. unless of course you have yet to read my response. I checked the source, seems it disagrees with you;

Shaking Hands with Saddam Hussein

Following further high-level policy review, Ronald Reagan issued National Security Decision Directive (NSDD) 114, dated November 26, 1983, concerned specifically with U.S. policy toward the Iran-Iraq war. The directive reflects the administration's priorities: it calls for heightened regional military cooperation to defend oil facilities, and measures to improve U.S. military capabilities in the Persian Gulf, and directs the secretaries of state and defense and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff to take appropriate measures to respond to tensions in the area. It states, "Because of the real and psychological impact of a curtailment in the flow of oil from the Persian Gulf on the international economic system, we must assure our readiness to deal promptly with actions aimed at disrupting that traffic." It does not mention chemical weapon

Hope you dont mind I used your link to prove you wrong, thanks for the help.

and:
and:

I thought everyone knew that 'America armed Saddam' stuff was crap. Apparently not. It's the problem with using the internet as a 'source'... you can back up pretty much any old crap.... doesn't make it true. :eusa_shhh: Don't tell the morons.

Forum List

Back