Defund NPR campain

Personally I think the FCC should revoke the Faux News license to broadcast.

Of course you do. You're afraid of differing views.
'
Precisely why the right so fears PBS.

but then I suppose many love to be controlled by the corporate controlled media.
You're wrong. The government has no business disseminating news. That's the conservative opposition to NPR.

What happened to the Left in this nation? Used to none of you would accept anything from the government. Now, you implicitly trust the government with news, with healthcare, with managing your daily lives.

Say, maybe you could get that fuckhead from Breitphart.com to help create some lying bullshit propaganda (you know some selectively cut video clips that makes it look like NPR worships the devil) that all the connies would buy into too?

Actually just make them remove news from the title as false advertising.

Why do the right fear PBS/NPR so much?

I gave them $1,000 recently.

Their actual news is far less sensationalized and biased with more comprehensive coverage than any netowrk news.
And the PBS Nightly news and nightly business report is mostly conservative slanted.

The right doesn't fear NPR, they just object to being forced to fund leftist propaganda. What escapes you is that the right would object to public funding for the Rush Limbaugh Show too.

Their actual news is far less sensationalized and biased with more comprehensive coverage than any netowrk news.
And the PBS Nightly news and nightly business report is mostly conservative slanted.

The right doesn't fear NPR, they just object to being forced to fund leftist propaganda. What escapes you is that the right would object to public funding for the Rush Limbaugh Show too.

I object to funding the wars.
We have already cut of the right wing tax dollars funding NPR/PBS it has been cut by more than 1/2 since the 80's. So now you are wanting the left's tax dollars cut off too?

Seriously, can you have a discussion without comparing apples to orangutans? Stop making an idiot of yourself. It's embarrassing.

If NPR provided a valuable service, it wouldn't need government funding.

Given the plethora of new sources available in print, on radio, broadcast TV, cable TV, and the internets, NPR no longer has a valid purpose.

They know this...but refuse to admit it. Maybe it's because their private outlets cannot compete? So someone isn't playing fair...despite people rejecting the bullsqueeze they pump out?

They have to shut down everyone that doesn't meet their ideology...First Amendment? What's that anyway?

And if the First Amendment is to mean anything? Then taxpayer funds shouldn't be going to sources that are so blatently biased in favour of the Statist Government position.

And then there's the fairness issue these people constantly decry...

To them fairness is forcing the public to pay for things that the public has outright rejected...but they force anyway.

We have already cut of the right wing tax dollars funding NPR/PBS it has been cut by more than 1/2 since the 80's. So now you are wanting the left's tax dollars cut off too?

That doesn't make any sense. :cuckoo: If the left wants to fund it...let them send a donation to it....but not with tax dollars

Considering the amount of the federal budget spent on leftwing New Deal & Great Society programs, the left's agenda is very much overrepresented in the allocation of federal dollars.

Just sayin'.

'

but then I suppose many love to be controlled by the corporate controlled media.
You're wrong. The government has no business disseminating news. That's the conservative opposition to NPR.

What happened to the Left in this nation? Used to none of you would accept anything from the government. Now, you implicitly trust the government with news, with healthcare, with managing your daily lives.

The government is not PBS/NPR. One reason the right hat it so is that it exposes incomvenient truths on the government right and left wing led. And big business cannot control it like they do the corporate media.
Perhaps the right just has more to hide in government than the left? I dunno on that.

That doesn't make any sense. :cuckoo: If the left wants to fund it...let them send a donation to it....but not with tax dollars

I've never seen a Republican dollar bill for that matter a Democrat one...:lol:

'

Well, if the gubmit can manage healthcare as good as it runs FEMA (Katrina) and the DOT (I-35 bridge in Mpls.), we have nothing to worry about. :lol:

NPR & PBS have been pushing Liberal/Democrat propaganda for many years. I can't think of any Conservatives who are on NPR. All of their hosts are far Left-leaning. I will support their defunding unless i see some major changes. NPR needs to add some Conservatives or they should no longer receive Taxpayer Dollars. The last straw for me was when they took all that cash from George Soros and then fired Juan Williams. They're a sham at this point.

How is "not wanting to fund NPR with taxpayer dollars" somehow translated into "fear of NPR"?

Do you leftwingnuts realize how stupid you sound??

(that' a rhetorical question)

'

The government is not PBS/NPR. One reason the right hat it so is that it exposes incomvenient truths on the government right and left wing led. And big business cannot control it like they do the corporate media.
Perhaps the right just has more to hide in government than the left? I dunno on that.

Perhaps we just object to promoting ANY political agenda - without the option not to. I do not support what is now known as the 'liberal' political agenda. Why should I fund it? Funding any political agenda should be voluntary. Surely, that's not too hard for you to understand?

Say, maybe you could get that fuckhead from Breitphart.com to help create some lying bullshit propaganda (you know some selectively cut video clips that makes it look like NPR worships the devil) that all the connies would buy into too?

Geeeze yeah, I think we should at least pull the public money from that ol' Faux News. :cuckoo:

Me too, how much are they getting?

current funding for NPR is about 6% of 164milliion annually per wikipedia for 2009.

We spend more than that on one off ramp on a road somewhere.

Forget NPR let's talk about ...

Microsoft (fuck anti-trust laws)
GE ( Bailout sucking / pro-healthcare reform bias ... Mo money mo money mo money!!!! )
National Broadcasting Company.

...MSGENBC!!!!!

:dance:

Forum List

Back