Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Religion: misunderstood mythology.

Mythology:
other people's religion.

What is it you do not get about IT?

The virgin birth, the ressurection, the christ (as opposed to jesus),..

:eusa_whistle:

I always thought the definition of religion was:

1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

Virgin birth is a myth? Scientists can duplicate it in a lab, why is it so difficult to concieve of?

1 a : the state of a religious <a nun in her 20th year of religion> b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
Virgin birth is a myth? Scientists can duplicate it in a lab, why is it so difficult to concieve of?

There are no documented cases of parthenogenesis in humans. That aside, the Virgin Birth was a lie made up by 2 of the 4 NT writers because they failed to understand scripture and mistranslated 'woman', 'maiden', and 'young woman' as 'virgin' (a different word) in their attempts to construct the Messianic Myth.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/85079-jesus-was-not-the-messiah.html#post1423411

Not difficult to conceive of. Religion is myth. When people take mythical stories and try to read them as historical facts---we get that special feeling of being the chosen people. :eusa_whistle:

Jesus went in body up to heaven? Where is heaven exactly? Up in the sky? Below in the bowels of the earth? Isn't heaven an otherwordly place of the mind?

Not all religion is myth.

You can believe in facts as your religion.

Mythology:
other people's religion.

What is it YOU don't get about the facts that no one asked you, no one cares what you think about their beliefs, no one needs to justify their beliefs to you, and no one needs your frigging permission to believe what they want?

Why are you so obsessed with the need to tell people what to think? Get a life.

Mythology:
other people's religion.

That's one way of looking at it. I prefer my definition. Everyone has a religion, if you define religion as a set of axioms that an individual adheres to. Belief in god is not required. ergo: there are as many religions as there are people living. Even JB has a religion.:eusa_whistle:

Mythology:
other people's religion.

That's one way of looking at it. I prefer my definition. Everyone has a religion, if you define religion as a set of axioms that an individual adheres to. Belief in god is not required. ergo: there are as many religions as there are people living. Even JB has a religion.:eusa_whistle:
are you confusing a simple belief with a religion?

not under the definition above.

There are religions that do not include gods

not under the definition above.

There are religions that do not include gods

Oh I see. You are confusing axioms with dogma or tenets of faith?

Do you think a philosophical view is a religion or are you using the term religion in a more generalized way, meaning you are speaking of apples where oranges are in season?

Read the 4th definition

The virgin birth is easy to surmize: maybe mary was getting ass fucked and some jizm dribbled down into her snatch?

Science -
the discovery of natural rules, a process driven by faith, followed by formulation, while data are used in experiements to test and to falsify the formulation.

Religion -
the exploration into the realm where human knowledge (including science) is futile about. It is about a quesiton that human with their knowledge and science can never answer, and the question is,

What will you be after death, does soul exist?

Forum List

Back