Defining Conservative Issues

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://nwanews.com/story.php?paper=nwat&section=Editorial&storyid=48781

Pretty interesting piece about the media influencers on the conservative front. I agree with most of his choices, but my guess is some of you might have other nominees? I'd remove O'Reilly and add Mark Steyn, but that's me. I'm just listing the names, reasoning can be found on site:

1. James Taranto

2. Newt Gingrich

3. Jonah Goldberg

4. Bill O’Reilly

5. Michelle Malkin

I don't even know who the heck number 1 and 3 are. And I would place Hannity and Limbaugh far higher than OReilly.

I also think they shouldn't overlook Glenn Beck. And Im not saying it just because I know the guy. But the more I reflect on things the more I can see exactly how his analysis is quite on the money, which kind of scares cause he is brutally honest about things. Of course, I dont think he is trying to define conservatism. He is just trying to do what's right. and i think thats what all of us have to do.

I don't even know who the heck number 1 and 3 are. And I would place Hannity and Limbaugh far higher than OReilly.

I also think they shouldn't overlook Glenn Beck. And Im not saying it just because I know the guy. But the more I reflect on things the more I can see exactly how his analysis is quite on the money, which kind of scares cause he is brutally honest about things. Of course, I dont think he is trying to define conservatism. He is just trying to do what's right. and i think thats what all of us have to do.

I hear you, though I'm not so familar with Beck. Limbaugh is not my cup of tea, from what I can tell he hammers home his points, though he may not be all that true to them. #1 check out opinionjournal.com M-F after like 2:30.

#3 is at the Corner.

Thomas Sowell.

Don't know how big his readership is, but his conservative taste is impeccable and his articulate-ness (is that a word?) devastating.

Thomas Sowell.

Don't know how big his readership is, but his conservative taste is impeccable and his articulate-ness (is that a word?) devastating.

I concur. He'd be my #4 or 5.

I would place Hannity and Limbaugh far higher than OReilly.

Hannity does absolutely nothing for me, although I am glad he is a supporter of the conservative cause. I like Rich Lowry (National Review) and Jeff Jacoby (Boston Globe) much better than Hannity.

Forum List

Back