Define Yourself

should be allowed to kill yourself
No.

should you be allowed to have an abortion
Not unless it is something like an ectopic pregnancy, where there is no chance that the baby will survive.

should science be allowed to use stem cells for reasearch
Absolutely, as long as they are not embryonic stem cells.

should you be able to practice whatever religion you choose
yes, as long as your practices do notinfringe upon the natural rights of others.

should you be allowed to own a gun
yes

should you be taxed fairly
NO! I want most of my hard-earned money to go to an already bloated federal government and others who choose to make a lifestyle of taking hand-outs instead of improving themselves and working.

should those that can not take care of themselves be taken care of
Absolutely.

should those that demand that others think as they do be allowed to make that demand
Sure. They can demand all they want, but I have not yet seen a real-life mind-control ray-gun.

BTW, I think you guys who answered "N/A" on the abortion question are lame!

(dillo :tng: )

Well, it asked if I should be allowed an abortion. I cannot get pregnant. It really doesn't apply.

I do not think that we should abort children. I think that we should remove the fetus with the utmost exertions attempt to keep it alive. I think that, over time, this will actually allow women actual reproductive choice where they can choose to carry to term or incubate ex-utero and we can simply no longer allow any of them to die.

should be allowed to kill yourself
Yes

should you be allowed to have an abortion
No, not for birth control purposes

should science be allowed to use stem cells for reasearch
Yes, but not embryonic.

should you be able to practice whatever religion you choose
Yes

should you be allowed to own a gun
Yes

should you be taxed fairly
Yes, but that depends on the definition of fairly. Taxing people based on their income isn't fair.

should those that can not take care of themselves be taken care of
Yes

should those that demand that others think as they do be allowed to make that demand
Yes

Well, it asked if I should be allowed an abortion. I cannot get pregnant. It really doesn't apply.

I do not think that we should abort children. I think that we should remove the fetus with the utmost exertions attempt to keep it alive. I think that, over time, this will actually allow women actual reproductive choice where they can choose to carry to term or incubate ex-utero and we can simply no longer allow any of them to die.

No1, I have had the same thoughts. Why isn't this technology being improved? I have talked to a few doctors, and each of them told me this was not a viable option.

Thanks for answering. I was really just teasing.

No1, I have had the same thoughts. Why isn't this technology being improved? I have talked to a few doctors, and each of them told me this was not a viable option.

Thanks for answering. I was really just teasing.

Necessity is the Mother of invention. The technology doesn't improve because there is no need. We just kill them or birth them, nobody wants to work toward a different option.

buy a self-help book to learn how to converse and make sense.

The smart people get it ,Grump. If anything is over your head just ask and I will try to dumb it down and so you too can understand. You got anything to add to your response to my question or are you just back to shit slinging with your co-poster?

should be allowed to kill yourself:

yes, you should be allowed to control your own body - even if it violates what I personally believe spiritually and morally. I support the legalization and regulation of prostitution too...its not my body, its yours.

should you be allowed to have an abortion:

yes, with reasonable restrictions.

should science be allowed to use stem cells for reasearch:

yes

should you be able to practice whatever religion you choose:

yes, as long as your practicing your religion does not harm others

should you be allowed to own a gun:

yes, absolutely. it is a constitutional right spelled out FAR more clearly than the right to privacy that allows abortion

should you be taxed fairly:

yes, of course

should those that can not take care of themselves be taken care of:

yes - although I would prefer they are taken care of by voluntary charitable support rather than tax money that the tax payer can not regulate nor designate how it will be spent.

should those that demand that others think as they do be allowed to make that demand:

yes, of course, freedom of speech/expression is very important...as long as others are allowed to ignore their demands. people demand things all the time...it doesn't mean anyone listens to them.

The smart people get it ,Grump. If anything is over your head just ask and I will try to dumb it down and so you too can understand. You got anything to add to your response to my question or are you just back to shit slinging with your co-poster?

When you can put more than one paragraph together, and when you can at least answer questions instead of demanding all sorts of crapola from others, while being seemingly immune yourself from similar demands....get back to me.

No need to dumb anything down, Dillo....you're capable enough as it is....

should be allowed to kill yourself:

yes, you should be allowed to control your own body - even if it violates what I personally believe spiritually and morally. I support the legalization and regulation of prostitution too...its not my body, its yours.

should you be allowed to have an abortion:

yes, with reasonable restrictions.

should science be allowed to use stem cells for reasearch:

yes

should you be able to practice whatever religion you choose:

yes, as long as your practicing your religion does not harm others

should you be allowed to own a gun:

yes, absolutely. it is a constitutional right spelled out FAR more clearly than the right to privacy that allows abortion

should you be taxed fairly:

yes, of course

should those that can not take care of themselves be taken care of:

yes - although I would prefer they are taken care of by voluntary charitable support rather than tax money that the tax payer can not regulate nor designate how it will be spent.

should those that demand that others think as they do be allowed to make that demand:

yes, of course, freedom of speech/expression is very important...as long as others are allowed to ignore their demands. people demand things all the time...it doesn't mean anyone listens to them.

Well shit, I wasn't going to post on this thread, seemed kind of silly, but then I saw Gem's post, and it pretty much expressed the way I felt, so..........

There is only ONE fair tax, SALES TAX.

As to those that can't take care of themselves, why not ASK THEM, I'm sure their response would be similar to Gem's, if not right on . Yet, I agree with Gem.

Great post Gem.................:thup:

When you can put more than one paragraph together, and when you can at least answer questions instead of demanding all sorts of crapola from others, while being seemingly immune yourself from similar demands....get back to me.

No need to dumb anything down, Dillo....you're capable enough as it is....

I see you chose shit slinging instead of answering my question.

what does "not impacting others" mean ?

What do you think it means? And you think things need dumbing down? I can see why now....

I think it can mean a hell of a lot of different things and I dont know what context your co-poster was using it in. I thought maybe I would get a more refined defintion before I responded to it rather than just guessing.

Forum List

Back