• Having child/children

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • wtf kind of stupid ass question is this

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (like what)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Banned
So if they can't have children, they can never be a family.

So why when I do insurance claims, does the Family Medical Leave Act cover one's spouse.

>

One of the effects of Civil Marriage is to establish a legal family relationship where no family relationship existed before. Civil Marriage is usually used by adults. Another legal method of establishing a family relationship where one didn't exist before is through adoption, usually used to establish the dependency status of an unrelated child.

>>>>

According to the dictionary definition:

1. a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not: the traditional family.
b. a social unit consisting of one or more adults together with the children they care for: a single-parent family.
2. the children of one person or one couple collectively: We want a large family.
3. the spouse and children of one person: We're taking the family on vacation next week.
4. any group of persons closely related by blood, as parents, children, uncles, aunts, and cousins: to marry into a socially prominent family.
5. all those persons considered as descendants of a common progenitor.

Children are what turn a couple into a family.

I would say a Family is Great-Grandparents, Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts, Nephews, Nieces, Cousins, Mother, Father, Children, etc.

I believe that most people would call that an extended family. A family unit usually consists of a mother, father and children.

Michael_Corleone_Family.jpg

Forum List

Back