Deficits: Then And Now

1. 'But he did identify what he called “tactical lessons.” He let himself look too much like “the same old tax-and-spend liberal Democrat.” 'http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/17/magazine/17obama-t.html

2. "Dan Rostenkowski, standing next to the candidate in front of the cameras and the cheering crowd at the convention after the fateful speech, whispered to Mondale, "You've got a lot of balls, pal." According to Rostenkowski, Mondale whispered back, "Look at 'em, we're going to tax their ass off."
Mondale says We re going to tax their ass off

3.‘As background to its estimates, the CBO notes that spending on Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security will rise rapidly in the future, pushing up "primary" federal spending (excluding interest payments on the debt) from 18.2 percent of GDP today to 28.3 percent in 2050 and 35.3 percent in 2082. With interest payments included, spending will hit 41.8 percent of GDP in 2050 and 75.4 percent by 2082…."[t]he tax rate for the lowest bracket would have to be increased from 10 percent to 25 percent; the tax rate on incomes in the current 25 percent bracket would have to be increased to 63 percent; and the tax rate of the highest bracket would have to be raised from 35 percent to 88 percent. The top corporate income tax rate would also increase from 35 percent to 88 percent."
Peter R. Orszag, Director, Congressional Budget Office, letter to Representative Paul Ryan (R–WI), May 19, 2008, eons

The Republican counter to the so-called tax and spend liberal was to stop taxing and keep spending.

dear, the Republican counter was 30 Balanced Budget Amendments to make deficits illegal. Democrats killed everyone of them because passing one would in effect make Democrats illegal.

Believe any myth you want.

to a complete illiterate liberal its a myth that Republicans sign the Pledge and support Balanced Budget Amendments.

See why we have to be positive that liberalism is based in pure ignorance?

you just need to be able to credit card spend.

dear, can you say why?

Ed, you kind of come off like you are trying to be mean sometime. Is that intentional? Then you ask a question with an obvious answer...

You can't imagine being broke but having a credit card which would allow you to spend $ on a new pair of tires so you can get to work the next day?

Or as a nation suddenly thinking you need a 500 ship navy program to drive the commies bankrupt? Or needing to fund WWII?

dear, you are too slow to be here and have to learn things over and over and over. This is typical of a liberal. All agree that there are emergency exceptions to a balanced budget amendment and also strict rules about paying the deficit down after the emergency.

Liberals oppose because they don't want anything to interfere with their ever increasing welfare programs that are used to subvert America and buy votes.

Ed, I have a rough time replying to you. You are mean, angry and dodge questions or change the topic with one of what seem like pre written random replies.

If I ever do not answer you it is not because I am being mean but because I am ignoring you because I don't wanna get you riled up on a random rant.

We'll talk about cars or something some day buddy.

you just need to be able to credit card spend.

dear, can you say why?

Ed, you kind of come off like you are trying to be mean sometime. Is that intentional? Then you ask a question with an obvious answer...

You can't imagine being broke but having a credit card which would allow you to spend $ on a new pair of tires so you can get to work the next day?

Or as a nation suddenly thinking you need a 500 ship navy program to drive the commies bankrupt? Or needing to fund WWII?

dear, you are too slow to be here and have to learn things over and over and over. This is typical of a liberal. All agree that there are emergency exceptions to a balanced budget amendment and also strict rules about paying the deficit down after the emergency.

Liberals oppose because they don't want anything to interfere with their ever increasing welfare programs that are used to subvert America and buy votes.

Ed, I have a rough time replying to you. You are mean, angry and dodge questions or change the topic with one of what seem like pre written random replies.

If I ever do not answer you it is not because I am being mean but because I am ignoring you because I don't wanna get you riled up on a random rant.

We'll talk about cars or something some day buddy.

yes the easiest way to handle deficits is simply to make them illegal.

Forum List

Back