Deficits are getting scary

RedChalk

Rookie
Feb 18, 2010
I heard the latest US Debt as % of GDP is approaching 94% this year....yikes. This sure 'aint the Reagan defense buildup (was totally worth it). The porkulus bill (as someone on the board called it) has really jacked it in the last year. How are we going to grow out way out of this one??

I heard the latest US Debt as % of GDP is approaching 94% this year....yikes. This sure 'aint the Reagan defense buildup (was totally worth it). The porkulus bill (as someone on the board called it) has really jacked it in the last year. How are we going to grow out way out of this one??

Just HOPE for a CHANGE. Remember, YES WE CAN DO IT.

One thing for sure...raising taxes is not the answer.
Just ask Arnold.
Raising taxes will likely lower tax revenue..

Stop spending is the only answer.

Well...after healthcare and stiumulus 2....

THEN we will stop the spending......oh wait...need to boost up the voter base for 2012......but after THAT we will stop the spending.

Yeah...thats it......next we will see a promise that the spending will stop effective 2013....well....2014....we cant expect his second term to begin with less spending.

Japan's debt is close to 200% of GDP and we all know how smart they are.

Since Reagan was mentioned “I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.”

That is stratospheric. Greece is 125% and look at them.

Didn't someone post they just bought a bunch of US debt? I'm beginning to believe it's all smoke and mirrors. There is no money just paper. Chickens, a good size garden, lots of canning jars and maybe even a few cows will be our goal for the near future. Who knows I may even get me a nanny goat for some fresh milk and butter.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/105741-japan-is-now-the-largest-us-debt-holder.html

Why was Reagans Defense build up totally worth it?
We built up Defense in the 80's only to tear it back down in the 90s

Didn't someone post they just bought a bunch of US debt? I'm beginning to believe it's all smoke and mirrors. There is no money just paper. Chickens, a good size garden, lots of canning jars and maybe even a few cows will be our goal for the near future. Who knows I may even get me a nanny goat for some fresh milk and butter.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/economy/105741-japan-is-now-the-largest-us-debt-holder.html

Butter? It will soon be deemed a banned substance....Michelle is working on that one.

Better off growing some produce.

The obvious answer is Clinton gutted the military, even though it was GOP crying for cut backs.

And many will say....and I agree...becuase we built it up in the 80's we were able to tear it down in the 90's.

I know.....Reagan had nothing to do with it. We should thank the former Soviet Union for the cold war ending.

The answer is we are not.

Because we won the Cold War and liberated 50 million in Eastern Europe:clap2:

No we didnt.

The former Soviet Union did.

Dont you read high school textbooks?

No we didnt.

Gorbachev shall be credited with the collapse of Soviet Union. And no we didn't 'win' the Cold War, we outlasted it. But bring on the jingoism and wave some flags for such unpatriotic statement.

No we didnt.

Gorbachev shall be credited with the collapse of Soviet Union. And no we didn't 'win' the Cold War, we outlasted it. But bring on the jingoism and wave some flags for such unpatriotic statement.

Maybe one day you will re-read what you just wrote and see the contradiction...within the 3 sentences themselves.
Sad yuou cant see it now...bui maybe one day you will.

Forum List

Back