Deficit shrinking faster than any time since WWII

My personal opinion is the tax cuts raised the deficit and marginally helped the economy. Same theory as the slow stimulus. The construction company next to us is STILL installing solar panels.

In this world of percentages I am always wondering if the xxxx lowered unemployment by x.x% and then what percentage of my taxes are going to pay the Reagan debt.

They didn't help the economy at all, quite the opposite. They created a housing bubble.

You have now proven that drugs kill brain cells. Your analysis and comprehension of the housing bubble is simply fiction and misguided.

Yes, well, it is kind of difficult for the cons. They post dogma. That is their job. Hell, some are paid to do so. Others just love to hate. And con dogma is hate. So, that is what they WANT to believe. Which is so much easier than actually working with truth, doing all that troublesome research.
So if it is not Heritage, which brings in con wanabees, and provides "training", and con talking points, then it is the American Enterprise Institute, which does the same. Or the real bat shit crazy con site, CATO, which pays big bucks to anyone who wants to spout libertarian based dogma. And CATO, which was founded by the Koch brothers, and last I knew was still run by them, has money to spread around.
Then, there are the hundreds of right wing hate talk shows on the radio, and Fox tv. All liberally sprinkled with money from the far, far right. Couple that with about 15 to 20% of the population who want to be told what to believe and who to hate, and you have the cons of USMB. Just normal con tools. Dogma, no evidence. Totally partial sources, if any at all. Just dogma, and group think.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about that.. I'll be looking into it.

Last edited:
It means we've been spending less. Iraq was wound down and states aren't getting the big checks they use to from the federal government. Consequently they are firing public employees and adding to unemployment. Which is part of the reason the recovery has been "slow".

The tax cuts are not working.

Then lets just save both sides the dreadful compromising an go over the fiscal cliff.

You know how it is with angry white GOPers, any good news is bad news as long as Oblama is in the White House.

I remember in 2007 when Democrats said it was irresponsible to spend so more money and unpatriotic to raise the debt limit and Republicans said it is best for the country.

I also remember that Obama and the Dems extended the Bush tax cuts when they had a super majority in all 3 branches.

I wonder what everyone will say next year.

I remember in 2007 when Democrats said it was irresponsible to spend so more money and unpatriotic to raise the debt limit and Republicans said it is best for the country.

I also remember that Obama and the Dems extended the Bush tax cuts when they had a super majority in all 3 branches.

I wonder what everyone will say next year.
There was not a super majority when the tax cuts were extended. They were extended to get the cons to go along with other issues. Mainly extending unemployment. Get your facts straight. And for christ sake, learn how to spell. Your first sentence is unfathomable.

Yes, well, it is kind of difficult for the cons. They post dogma. That is their job. Hell, some are paid to do so. Others just love to hate. And con dogma is hate. So, that is what they WANT to believe. Which is so much easier than actually working with truth, doing all that troublesome research.
So if it is not Heritage, which brings in con wanabees, and provides "training", and con talking points, then it is the American Enterprise Institute, which does the same. Or the real bat shit crazy con site, CATO, which pays big bucks to anyone who wants to spout libertarian based dogma. And CATO, which was founded by the Koch brothers, and last I knew was still run by them, has money to spread around.
Then, there are the hundreds of right wing hate talk shows on the radio, and Fox tv. All liberally sprinkled with money from the far, far right. Couple that with about 15 to 20% of the population who want to be told what to believe and who to hate, and you have the cons of USMB. Just normal con tools. Dogma, no evidence. Totally partial sources, if any at all. Just dogma, and group think.

Please do, you will find out that Rshermr is an idiot.

As a con tool, Windbag hates being questioned. Never has a factual answer, as in an answer that comes from an impartial source. Oh, and Windbag, you do know how much I respect your opinion.

As a con tool, Windbag hates being questioned. Never has a factual answer, as in an answer that comes from an impartial source. Oh, and Windbag, you do know how much I respect your opinion.

On the contrary, I love questions.

By the way, did you ever find a link to that study you claimed you were willing to defend until I pointed out the link you were using actually pointed out some serious flaws in it?

By the way, did you ever find a link to that study you claimed you were willing to defend until I pointed out the link you were using actually pointed out some serious flaws in it?
You have to get the study, you see. If you do not, you can not understand it. And you did not point out any flaws. It was just one of hundreds of studies that come to the same conclusion. I know you are fighting it, but it was, indeed, correct.

You have to get the study, you see. If you do not, you can not understand it. And you did not point out any flaws. It was just one of hundreds of studies that come to the same conclusion. I know you are fighting it, but it was, indeed, correct.

You have to get the study before you can defend it. I offered you a chance to defend any study you want, and you chose that one. Where is the link?

WEBcaphill01_1120_600.gif.cms

From fiscal 2009 to fiscal 2012, the deficit shrank 3.1 percentage points, from 10.1% to 7.0% of GDP.
That's just a bit faster than the 3.0 percentage point deficit improvement from 1995 to '98, but at that point, the economy had everything going for it.
Other occasions when the federal deficit contracted by much more than 1 percentage point a year have coincided with recession. Some examples include 1937, 1960 and 1969.

TARP and the bailouts of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac also make the deficit improvement look better, boosting the fiscal '09 deficit by about $200 billion more than in fiscal '12 (though the initial cost of TARP was overstated).
Still, military spending is now on the decline due to fewer troops in Iraq and Afghanistan; Medicare costs rose 3% last year vs. the average 7% growth in recent years; and after the last year's Budget Control Act, excluding the automatic cuts set to take effect in January, nondefense discretionary spending is already on a path to shrink to 2.7% of GDP, well below the 3.9% average, notes the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

U.S. Deficit Shrinking At Fastest Pace Since WWII, Before Fiscal Cliff - Investors.com

Republicans were wrong about Romney, wrong about economics, wrong about health care, wrong about Iraq, wrong. Just "wrong". Notice the line at the far right. Every line above zero is the deficit shrinking. I wonder who was in office the years when the deficit was shrinking?

Better yet, after the health care bill goes into full effect, only 19 million won't be covered and a third of them are illegal immigrants. The CBO says we will see major savings after 20 years.

This information is coming from "Investor's Business Daily", not some extreme site. But you can bet, because this information isn't showing up on Fox, these USMB right wingers will call it all "lies". At least we all know they have no proof that says otherwise. Except what comes from the Heritage Foundation, a group that is always wrong. There goes that word again:

41GbtArneBL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Great! That means the Bush Tax cuts are working and that we don't need to increase taxes on anyone!

Thanks dean!

Actually, it's the Bush tax cuts that caused the mess. Remember, they are years old. It's what Obama has done since Republicans tried to destroy the economy and turn over government to big business.

So what you're saying is that this economy belongs to obama?

Republicans tried to destroy the economy and turn over government to big business.

the brilliant liberal strikes again. It was the fascist liberal Obama who took over the health care industry.i.e., or 20% of the economy. IF he gets his way with health care, energy, cap n trade, and global warming his government will socialize the entire economy.

No surprise since he had 2 communist parents, favors single payer, and voted to the left of Bernie Sanders.

See why we have to be 100% positive a liberal will be slow, so very very slow?? IS any other interpretation possible??

how perfectly insane can one person be? The perfect fool liberal always wants an impartial source. If such a thing existed he could provide just one impartial source saying that liberalism makes sense. Well, where is that impartial liberal source????

Will he ever provide it or does he merely have the IQ of a liberal???

how perfectly insane can one person be? The perfect fool liberal always wants an impartial source. If such a thing existed he could provide just one impartial source saying that liberalism makes sense. Well, where is that impartial liberal source????

Less name calling will win you more friends.

Try convincing people your ideas are part of their ideology.

why not cut the BS and say one substantive thing in support of liberalism or admit you lack the IQ to do so.

why not cut the BS and say one substantive thing in support of liberalism or admit you lack the IQ to do so.

Was I defending any point of view here or just giving you a helpful tip on how to carry on a conversation or get folks to agree with you.

Settle down. Everyone is not always being hostile.

What makes you think he wants friends?

Forum List

Back