Deficit shrinking faster than any time since WWII

No; they[robber barons] didn't.[improve our standard of living at the fastet rate in human history]

"From 1865 to 1870, the price of kerosene dropped from 58 to 26 cents per gallon,
Rockefeller made profits during everyone of these years" (page 87)

"Before 1870, only the rich could afford whale oil and candles, The rest had to go to bed to save money. By 1870 with the drop in the price of Kerosene, the middle and working class people all over the nation could afford the one cent an hour that it cost to light their homes at night".( page 87)

Dear, did you think it was the Girl Scouts or John D. who turned night into day for all Americans???????

Last edited:
No; they[robber barons] didn't.[improve our standard of living at the fastet rate in human history]

"From 1865 to 1870, the price of kerosene dropped from 58 to 26 cents per gallon,

"Before 1870, only the rich could afford whale oil and candles, The rest had to go to bed to save money. By 1870 with the drop in the price of Kerosene, the middle and working class people all over the nation could afford the one cent an hour that it cost to light their homes at night".( page 87)

Dear, did you think it was the Girl Scouts or John D. who turned night into day for all Americans???????

No. I think you're an idiot.

Now then, as to what I know, cost came down because the market exploded in size, bringing in competition for the vastly greater opportunity.

And the market grew when millions in poverty suddenly rise out of it, thanks to wage minimums, unions, and government buying stuff with a progressive tax that greatly reduced inequality.

Prior to that, a few lucky folks had virtual monopolies, and thus could command much higher prices. Carnegie getting fat from making rail, and selling to a few government and industrial customers; then it turns into lots of folks making steel for the newly empowered American Middle Class' ability to buy stuff, where before, not enough food was all they could buy. Tons of folks, way more than before, getting rich, despite higher wage costs and lower prices per ton. Volume trumped margin, making for the FUCKING GLORY DAYS.

Fact. Not opinion. Just what happened, and why business interests need to fund the bullshit you retards are gobbling up, to get policies changed so they can have higher profits and less tax, plus compress wages. And it works, but only to a point. Now they've so fucked the US middle class, bellwethers of US consumption, P&G / C-P, have lower sales in the US. More Americans, due to population going up, and we're buying less soap and toothpaste. P&G and C-P have to increase sales by entering foriegn markets. They've nearly killed the goose that lays their golden eggs; meanwhile you fucking retards want to sustain or even make it worse, because 30 years of utter failure can't cut through the depth of your dogma from too much bullshit being fed you by RWM.

Last edited:
The auto industry seems rather important to me. Then again to a citizen of the world I can see where a lack of American industry does not matter as much.....unless you want the U.S. military to come bail you out.

We have a great auto industry in this country.

The profitable portions produce in the southern states, without union interference.

Okay; Liberalism came into being due to the extreme exploits of robber barrons during the Industrial Revolution,

1000% stupid and 5000% illiterate and 10,000 liberal. Do you enjoy being stupid?

Here are the exploits of the so called Robber Barons:

The Robber Barons: Republicans Greatest Shame!

Edward Collins $33,000 per Atlantic crossing (page 7)
Cornelius Vanderbilt (robber barron) $15,000 per Atlantic crossing

Collins $600 NY to California
Vanderbilt (robber barron) 150 NY to California( page 12)

"James J Hill cut freight costs from 90 cents to 44 cents a pound" (page 34) and still made a profit while the heavily subsidized Union Pacific and Central Pacific always lost money

"Coopers charged 2.50 per barrel Rockefeller cut his to $.96" (Page 86)

"When Andrew Carnegie entered steel production in 1872, England dominated world production and the price of steel production was $56 per ton. By 1900 Carnegie Steel was manufacturing steel for $11.00 per ton and out stripping the entire production of England!" (page 126)

Shit. I was hoping you'd offer up a bit of reciprocity, and respond intelligently, yourself, and not just copy-paste the cherry-picked nonesense being fed to the retards that are poppin up like daisies vis a vis the RWM, whose nonsense it is you're pasting.

Someone please, bring me a Diazepam. How will I cope with the disappointment?????
You must be new to the board. No one much takes ed seriously. He is a con tool who copies and pastes dogma from bat shit crazy web sites. He runs when cornered, but til then, posts drivel. And please understand, ed does not worry in the least about truth. Just wants to sell the dogma.
So, most people just ignore ed after a bit. I believe ed to be a mentally challenged example resulting from parents being too closely related. I here his father asked: if you marry your high school sweetheart, and a couple years later get divorced, is she still my cousin??
so, it is really not his fault. Just all he is capable of.

Dear, did you think it was the Girl Scouts or John D. who turned night into day for all Americans???? Did you think it was Ford who made the automobile affordable to most people??

Now then, as to what I know, cost came down because the market exploded in size, bringing in competition for the vastly greater opportunity.

And the most competitive ,i.e., the lowest price and best quality were Rockefeller and Ford in their respective industries. So how is gifting light and cars to the American people to transform their lives like never before in human history evil or robber barronish????

See why we are 100% certain a liberal will be slow, so very very slow? You're the 100% pure illiterate. You were so sure it was safe to call them robber barrons having never read a book in your entire illiterate life but instead merely accepting the liberal Marxist brainwashing story line hook line and sinker.

And the market grew when millions in poverty suddenly rise out of it, thanks to wage minimums, unions, and government buying stuff with a progressive tax that greatly reduced inequality.

Prior to that, a few lucky folks had virtual monopolies, and thus could command much higher prices. Carnegie getting fat from making rail, and selling to a few government and industrial customers; then it turns into lots of folks making steel for the newly empowered American Middle Class' ability to buy stuff, where before, not enough food was all they could buy. Tons of folks, way more than before, getting rich, despite higher wage costs and lower prices per ton. Volume trumped margin, making for the FUCKING GLORY DAYS.

Fact. Not opinion. Just what happened, and why business interests need to fund the bullshit you retards are gobbling up, to get policies changed so they can have higher profits and less tax, plus compress wages. And it works, but only to a point. Now they've so fucked the US middle class, bellwethers of US consumption, P&G / C-P, have lower sales in the US. More Americans, due to population going up, and we're buying less soap and toothpaste. P&G and C-P have to increase sales by entering foriegn markets. They've nearly killed the goose that lays their golden eggs; meanwhile you fucking retards want to sustain or even make it worse, because 30 years of utter failure can't cut through the depth of your dogma from too much bullshit being fed you by RWM.[/QUOTE]

The auto industry seems rather important to me. Then again to a citizen of the world I can see where a lack of American industry does not matter as much.....unless you want the U.S. military to come bail you out.

The profitable portions produce in the southern states, without union interference.

Todd, don't drink the GovernmentMotors coolaid too much there. The restructuring/bankruptcy was pretty friendly to them. I believe GM cars were superior to most imports into the 90's but I am waiting to see if the company has success over several years.

And if the workers were making $4 an hour working totally for foreign companies the plants would be even more profitable.

Todd, don't drink the GovernmentMotors coolaid too much there. The restructuring/bankruptcy was pretty friendly to them. I believe GM cars were superior to most imports into the 90's but I am waiting to see if the company has success over several years.

And if the workers were making $4 an hour working totally for foreign companies the plants would be even more profitable.

The restructuring/bankruptcy was pretty friendly to them.

No kidding, and it only cost taxpayers about $20 billion.

Really? Got a link?

Really? Got a link?

These are America's 15 busiest auto plants

Really? Got a link?

of course he's right!! As union liberalism destroyed American owned manufacturing in the Democratic north foreign owned manufacturing in large part took its place in the Republican south. A child would be aware of this.

Really? Got a link?

of course he's right!! As union liberalism destroyed American owned manufacturing in the Democratic north foreign owned manufacturing in large part took its place in the Republican south. A child would be aware of this.

Ed, you were mean again. Does your mother know you talk to ppl like this?

Really? Got a link?

Typical liberal trying to change the subject becuase he lacks the IQ or education to discuss the subject.

Typical liberal trying to change the subject becuase he lacks the IQ or education to discuss the subject.

Ok, well use your people skills and be conversational yourself. Pretend you are in public where folks are face to face with you perhaps.

What do you wan to talk about Edward? I can't argue about high wage jobs disappearing in this global economy. Congrats.

Forum List

Back