Deficit Denial?

That's why Solyndra did so well.

One business out of thousands worldwide. US infrastructure is aging and Americans don't want to invest. The US started the internet, yet the US has fallen behind in wiring the nation for high speed internet because it was left to the private sector to do it and the upgrade isn't profitable.

Roads and bridges are crumbling. $$$ currently spent on maintaining military bases around the world would be better spent on investment in education and infrastructure at home.

Germany was the powerhouse European economy of the latter half of the 20th century precisely because its infrastructure was destroyed in the war and the completely rebuilt and modernized after. Factories were rebuilt with all of the latest technology.

US automakers lost world-wide markets because they didn't adapt to worldwide emissions standards, under protection of US law. You are in danger of falling behind the rest of the world yet again.

Yes, one business that the US government wasted over $500 million on. Great job!

The US started the internet, yet the US has fallen behind in wiring the nation for high speed internet because it was left to the private sector to do it and the upgrade isn't profitable.

That's one thing Obama is good at, investing money in unprofitable investments.

The US started the internet, yet the US has fallen behind in wiring the nation for high speed internet because it was left to the private sector to do it and the upgrade isn't profitable.
That's actually not true. The private sector has nothing to do with the fact that we are falling behind in wiring localities for high speed internet. We are falling behind precisely because we invented it. You see, when you invest in the early technology you are left with what you invested in. You don't upgrade until you need to. Other countries are just putting the systems in place that we already have and therefore, they have the newer tech.

China is one such nation but again, I doubt that you could make the argument that they have better internet infrastructure than America where virtually everyone has access. That is simply not true in China.

Interestingly enough, I find that things like internet are still far better here than in most of the world. Where do you think that they are doing better with internet speed and availability. I can tell you that Germany sure as hell is not better than here, I have been there. Things are far more limited in Australia as well where customers need to pay per unit used. There are very few countries where they connections that are available here to all are better.

Roads and bridges are crumbling. $$$ currently spent on maintaining military bases around the world would be better spent on investment in education and infrastructure at home.
I hear this a lot but it is utter nonsense. Roads and bridges here are doing just fine.

oil isnt produced, its dug up. theres only so much of it in the ground, the only way out is to gently let constrained supply wean off demand so the market can settle in gently. or we can make like a colony of single celled organisms and continue accelerating our rate of consumption right until the moment its all gone.

also, solyandra's market advantage was that it had a manufacturing process that didnt rely on silicon, giving it a market advantage when silicon was expensive, when the price of silicon tanked, they were no longer competitive.

Last edited:
The US has the most free market education and health care of any country in the world.

We USED to have a free market for healthcare, whose inventions and advancements benefited health providers the world over. That's coming to an end.

To state that we have a free market for AFFORDABLE education is laughable. This being the clean zone, we'll leave it at that.

I have shown where the best schools in the world are public. The same is true of the best health care systems in the world.

You have yet to show anything close to evidence of your conclusions yet claim they are simply logical. Yet what you are describing was tried here and failed.

These government programs were started for a reason. They need work. But instead of working to fix the problems, you would rather revert back to the flawed system (or lack of a system) that led us to this point.

It's nonsense.

Forum List

Back