Deficit ANYONE?

I sure wish people were as concerned about the debt during the Bush years which gave us this mess that now has to be dealt with.

yes because Obama's multi-trillion dollar deficits are morally superior to GW's less than half a trillion deficit.

Bush not only spent on two wars that have not done much but Kill our bravest and blled our treasure.

Bush then gave huge tax cuts to the wealthist and refused to keep up oversight on their activities in the market.

He also screwed the people coming home who fought his wars for Haliburtons bottom line.

The true cost of what Bush did to this country is only now being paid.

Its just the way they planned it , Rape the country and then make the Dems clean up the mess of ending the wars and fixing the ignored infrastructure and economy.

You can pretend to yourself that Obama created this problem but the next generation is not going to buy it.

Your party will wear this scarlet letter for a generation.

Bush not only spent on two wars that have not done much but Kill our bravest and blled our treasure.

Bush then gave huge tax cuts to the wealthist and refused to keep up oversight on their activities in the market.

He also screwed the people coming home who fought his wars for Haliburtons bottom line.

Its just the way they planned it , Rape the country and then make the Dems clean up the mess of ending the wars and fixing the ignored infrastructure and economy.

You can pretend to yourself that Obama created this problem but the next generation is not going to buy it.

Fine, we'll wear whatever symbol you like, you're still begging the question; how is more bad after bad good?

I hope you're not directing that at me. I argue for smaller less intrusive government no matter who is in office.

It is you Dimocrats that excoriate Repudlican spending and deficits but defend those of your own party.

Not to support Captain Chimptastic, but the Iraq war is a victory.

It was dumb, started for the wrong reasons and managed like a Marx Brothers movie, yet the USA still won it.

Fine, we'll wear whatever symbol you like, you're still begging the question; how is more bad after bad good?
you are trying to use reason and common sense with someone that has neither

applaud the effort, but it is wasted on her

Not to support Captain Chimptastic, but the Iraq war is a victory.

It was dumb, started for the wrong reasons and managed like a Marx Brothers movie, yet the USA still won it.
yes, the liberation of Iraq was a sucess, the after war period was a fucking mess

The Messiah can make more bad after bad good.

The Messiah can make more bad after bad good.
well, i'm waiting for him to make something good
would be nice for a change

The whole debt situation we are in NOW is from greed and ME ME ME types.

Greenspan himself said that greed was THE major factor with the economic meltdown and it will happen again and again, due to the fact that greed is a human element you cannot factor for or against.

January 8, 2013

MEGA-Pig$ At The Trough

"At the behest of its former chief executive, Maurice Greenberg, AIG (AIG) is considering joining a lawsuit filed by its shareholders against the government. On Wednesday, according to the New York Times, Greenberg, 87, will try to persuade the AIG board that the terms of the company’s $182 billion government bailout were too onerous, the interest rates were too high, and ultimately, that AIG shareholders got a raw deal. What’s that about biting the hand that feeds you?

Swallow for a moment that feeling of outrage swelling in your gut, and consider this: Gratitude doesn’t make money. Whether or not the board decides to join the $25 billion shareholder suit, considering such an action is exactly what it’s supposed to do. The AIG board’s top priority is to return value to its shareholders. If they think the insurer left money on the table back in 2008 and there’s a chance to recoup some of it, the decision is easy: Sue the government that saved it from bankruptcy during the darkest days of the financial crisis. Crass as that may be, it would be a smart business move.

Still, it’s hard to see that $182 billion figure and think that somehow AIG got screwed in the deal. The government did, after all, end up owning more than 90 percent of the company. And remember how that deal came together. The alarm bells on AIG didn’t go off until the disaster at Lehman Brothers was well underway. Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and his team had to act fast, and AIG was in no position to negotiate favorable terms. The alternative to being rescued was to go bankrupt and default on its $440 billion portfolio of credit default swaps, which plausibly could’ve brought down the entire global economy. AIG owed money to just about everyone. Not making good on those payments would’ve turned a disaster into complete and total Armageddon for the global economy."

eusa_doh.gif

Looky looky, Obama and his deficit no where near what he claimed.

$1 trillion deficits seen for next 10 years

Your link is broken. So what is everyone talking about except whatever the voices in their heads tell them to say?

Here's one that works: $1 trillion deficits seen for next 10 years | cleveland.com

I don't know if that is the same article you were trying to link to, though.

Moving on.

$1 Trillion deficits. And I suppose defense spending has nothing to do with that, eh?

Yeah...right...

I can't find in the article where the GOP justifies war level spending forever and not reducing defense spending to pre-war levels.

2ch279d.png

Looky looky, Obama and his deficit no where near what he claimed.

$1 trillion deficits seen for next 10 years

Your link is broken. So what is everyone talking about except whatever the voices in their heads tell them to say?

Here's one that works: $1 trillion deficits seen for next 10 years | cleveland.com

I don't know if that is the same article you were trying to link to, though.

Moving on.

$1 Trillion deficits. And I suppose defense spending has nothing to do with that, eh?

Yeah...right...

I can't find in the article where the GOP justifies war level spending forever and not reducing defense spending to pre-war levels.

2ch279d.png

The link is from 2009, hell probably they moved or deleted it. Why this was resurrected is the question, other then to note Obama has had a trillion plus deficit every year that is.

Forum List

Back