Defense Official: Obama Calling for Defense Budget Cuts

I wasn't speaking about if he hypothetically would have won the GOP nomination. He was on the ballot in Louisiana and Montana, and he was eligible for a write-in vote in California. If something to that effect had happened in Ohio I would have voted for him.

Also, I doubt very seriously that Obama would have won all 50 states had Ron Paul won the GOP nomination.

Paul had his problems..specifically being endorsed by the nazis at stormfront. He made some statements that hurt him in the past regarding race. Ofcourse, I don't believe him to be a racist, but once you are labled as such, you wil never come back frommit in alot of folks eyes.
i dont think Paul is a racist either, but he sure didnt want to upset them
THATS what hurt him more

I feel the same way, but it's purely speculation. I hope Paul's economic message is heard and conservatives take heed. He was 100% right on the economy. It's a shame his past slip-of-the-tongue caught up with him. I grew up with blacks, infact I just got out of a relationship with a black woman..and this election played a small part in our falling out.

I don't blame Obama for it though. I blame this bullshit PC crap for that part in it. One thing I learned though, politics and relationships don't mix, leave the opinion at the door if you love someone.

Last edited:
had Ron Paul been the GOP candidate, Obama would have won nearly all 50 states

I wasn't speaking about if he hypothetically would have won the GOP nomination. He was on the ballot in Louisiana and Montana, and he was eligible for a write-in vote in California. If something to that effect had happened in Ohio I would have voted for him.

Also, I doubt very seriously that Obama would have won all 50 states had Ron Paul won the GOP nomination.

Paul had his problems..specifically being endorsed by the nazis at stormfront. He made some statements that hurt him in the past regarding race. Ofcourse, I don't believe him to be a racist, but once you are labled as such, you wil never come back frommit in alot of folks eyes.

Doesn't seem to bother liberals. They voted for hussein in spite of the fact that he sat front and center lapping up every word of the ranting, frothing at the mouth, racist preacher, reverend wright.

THATS what hurt him more

I feel the same way, but it's purely speculation. I hope Paul's economic message is heard and conservatives take heed. He was 100% right on the economy. It's a shame his past slip-of-the-tongue caught up with him. I grew up with blacks, infact I just got out of a relationship with a black woman..and this election played a small part in our falling out.

I don't blame Obama for it though. I blame this bullshit PC crap for that part in it. One thing I learned though, politics and relationships don't mix, leave the opinion at the door if you love someone.
dang, sorry to hear that man

it came close to doing that in my relationship
but i guess our love was strong enough to over come it

Doesn't seem to bother liberals. They voted for hussein in spite of the fact that he sat front and center lapping up every word of the ranting, frothing at the mouth, racist preacher, reverend wright.

In the mind of the "liberals", the only racists are white. That's why I cannot ever be a "liberal". It's a double standard, I know. But this is the social climate we leave in today. We have to work to change it. Won't be esy, that's for sure.

i said almost
and i know my vote wouldnt have mattered because my state went to Obama anyway
but i know so many others that would never vote for Paul
would have been better had he put his support behind someone like Hunter
IMO

Hunter had less chance of winning than Paul did, and I doubt a significant amount of us would have supported Hunter regardless of what Ron Paul said. We still would have been primarily split between Barr and Baldwin I'm sure.
i think Paul stole the air out of the rest of the conservatives because of his radical designs
but they failed to draw any mainstream support from the center

I don't know about radical, but we certainly didn't have the numbers in our favor.

THATS what hurt him more

I am glad to hear a relationship can overcome politics and racial differences. It's all good, we have been talking, and atleast we may be able to be friends at some point. It was more than just politics, wayyy more. Not cheating or anything like that, it was mostly over financial issues.

I am glad to hear a relationship can overcome politics and racial differences. It's all good, we have been talking, and atleast we may be able to be friends at some point. It was more than just politics, wayyy more. Not cheating or anything like that, it was mostly over financial issues.
financial issues make every other issue 3 times as bad

Obama will be a repeat of Clinton. Weaken us to the point that we will not fulfill obligations like the ones in Iraq which Clinton ignored and open us up to terror as Clinton did with 9/11.

Obama will be a repeat of Clinton. Weaken us to the point that we will not fulfill obligations like the ones in Iraq which Clinton ignored and open us up to terror as Clinton did with 9/11.
actually, i see it more like Ford/Carter, and what happened in Vietnam after we left

What some Libertarians say about National Defense:

C4. What about national defense?

This issue makes minarchists out of a lot of would-be anarchists. One view is that in a libertarian society everyone would be heavily armed, making invasion or usurpation by a domestic tyrant excessively risky. This is what the Founding Fathers clearly intended for the U.S. (the Constitution made no provision for a standing army, entrusting defense primarily to a militia consisting of the entirety of the armed citizenry). It works today in Switzerland (also furnishing one of the strongest anti-gun-control arguments). The key elements in libertarian-anarchist defense against an invader would be: a widespread ideology (libertarianism) that encourages resistance; ready availability of deadly weapons; and no structures of government that an invader can take over and use to rule indirectly. Think about the Afghans, the Viet Cong, the Minutemen -- would you want to invade a country full of dedicated, heavily armed libertarians? :)

Minarchist libertarians are less radical, observe that U.S. territory could certainly be protected effectively with a military costing less than half of the bloated U.S. military budget.

The Libertarianism FAQ

And when ten missiles carrying nuclear warheads are heading toward us, we'll all go on our front lawns, take aim, and shoot them down.

What some Libertarians say about National Defense:

C4. What about national defense?

This issue makes minarchists out of a lot of would-be anarchists. One view is that in a libertarian society everyone would be heavily armed, making invasion or usurpation by a domestic tyrant excessively risky. This is what the Founding Fathers clearly intended for the U.S. (the Constitution made no provision for a standing army, entrusting defense primarily to a militia consisting of the entirety of the armed citizenry). It works today in Switzerland (also furnishing one of the strongest anti-gun-control arguments). The key elements in libertarian-anarchist defense against an invader would be: a widespread ideology (libertarianism) that encourages resistance; ready availability of deadly weapons; and no structures of government that an invader can take over and use to rule indirectly. Think about the Afghans, the Viet Cong, the Minutemen -- would you want to invade a country full of dedicated, heavily armed libertarians? :)

Minarchist libertarians are less radical, observe that U.S. territory could certainly be protected effectively with a military costing less than half of the bloated U.S. military budget.

The Libertarianism FAQ

And when ten missiles carrying nuclear warheads are heading toward us, we'll all go on our front lawns, take aim, and shoot them down.

:lol:

Forum List

Back