Defense of Marriage Act

Stupid initiative, if Dogbert's is the one of which you speak. First, it is unenforceable. People will simply step into Nevada to complete the divorce.

Then let them....that's the way it used to be anyways.

And for the record, although, I am against "gay marriage" as many of you already know, I am for civil unions for everyone in order to get the government out of the religious rite of marriage. A church or religious institution that deems homosexual marriage acceptable should be allowed to marry homosexuals, but the state should get out of the marriage business completely and leave the rite of Holy Matrimony to the churches.

Immie
There is a petition out to also drop the term "marriage" from all legal documentation and all who seek civil marriage licenses now only get civil union licenses. I've signed that petition too.

And for the record, although, I am against "gay marriage" as many of you already know, I am for civil unions for everyone in order to get the government out of the religious rite of marriage. A church or religious institution that deems homosexual marriage acceptable should be allowed to marry homosexuals, but the state should get out of the marriage business completely and leave the rite of Holy Matrimony to the churches.

Immie
There is a petition out to also drop the term "marriage" from all legal documentation and all who seek civil marriage licenses now only get civil union licenses. I've signed that petition too.

A Petition in California?

Can't sign it as I am no longer living in Ca, or registered there... in other words, I'm not a Democrat and am only registered in the state in which I live. :D

Immie

Forum List

Back