Defense: Healers thought dying son had cold or flu

How many times a day do doctors, nurses and interns kill people by not paying attention, ignoring symptoms, mis-prescribing medication or just being too fucking tired to care?

I nearly had a leg amputated because the stupid fucking doctors at (Not naming hospital to protect the guilty) thought they knew my body better than I did, thankfully the head of Infectious Diseases listened and got me cured.

How many times a day do doctors, nurses and interns kill people by not paying attention, ignoring symptoms, mis-prescribing medication or just being too fucking tired to care?

I nearly had a leg amputated because the stupid fucking doctors at (Not naming hospital to protect the guilty) thought they knew my body better than I did, thankfully the head of Infectious Diseases listened and got me cured.

This thread is about a dead teenager that didn't get medical care cause his parents were religious cooks and wanted to faith heal him.. How does that apply to your leg??

I am sorry you almost lost your leg.. But how does it apply?? This is about faith healing..

And for those that don't know.. Oregon's hospitals have the same law that Washington's do.. They can't refuse to care for someone reguardless of ability to pay.. Actually that might be a national thing too?? Not sure on that one.. Oregon is also top notch in charity care and has numerous programs for the people that can't afford healthcare..

There is no excuse.. He should have and could have got the treatment he needed..

Still waiting on Avatar to explain the Faith healing Athiest thing.. Well?? I am waiting..

This thread is about a dead teenager that didn't get medical care cause his parents were religious cooks and wanted to faith heal him.. How does that apply to your leg??

I am sorry you almost lost your leg.. But how does it apply?? This is about faith healing..

And for those that don't know.. Oregon's hospitals have the same law that Washington's do.. They can't refuse to care for someone reguardless of ability to pay.. Actually that might be a national thing too?? Not sure on that one.. Oregon is also top notch in charity care and has numerous programs for the people that can't afford healthcare..

There is no excuse.. He should have and could have got the treatment he needed..

Still waiting on Avatar to explain the Faith healing Athiest thing.. Well?? I am waiting..

You make the assumption that the kid would have automatically been better off with more traditional care, but your faith may be unfounded

We need tort reform.

Every uniary tract blockage I have had or heard of resulted in very bad pain. But it was the flu?
They should be jailed for stupidity if nothing else.

I dont see how the prosecution can win here. i dont go to the dr every time i have cold or flu symptoms. It's quite normal.'

I will say it rather disgusts me to see you guys use this tragedy to punish the already grieving parents simply because they are athiests like you are. You guys have some serious issues.

How could they be faith healers and atheists at the same time?
Maybe Ava thinks they cured people of faith? :lol:

If his symptoms were not more then a cold or the flu they may have a case. The prosecution has to prove they had a reasonable chance to believe otherwise. The charge requires intent. I believe.

If the Jury is properly briefed on the charge and the requirement for a guilty verdict the prosecution may have a problem if they can not provide evidence the family saw more than the symptoms for a cold or the flu.

There are many serious conditions that the lay person would not be able to distinguish from something benign.

I don't think everyone recognizes when something like a simple cold has progressed to a deadly case of pneumonia. But when someone has a 104F temperature, then they should see there is a need to see a medical provider.

Petechiae is another one of those things. It looks for the world like a simple rash. But it is not a simple rash. It is tiny hemorrhages under the skin that indicate the clotting factors in the blood are messed up. A brain bleed isn't far behind.

We need tort reform.

Which would allow even MORE incompetence in the medical field.

You make the assumption that the kid would have automatically been better off with more traditional care, but your faith may be unfounded

Ummmm.... Nope.. Urinary tract blockage is very treatable.. Faith has nothing to do with it.. Your talking to someone who has had a lot of open heart surgeries.. My faith if you will in medical technology is well founded.. Probably more founded than most people on this board...

I make no assumption.. He would have been better off..

Ummmm.... Nope.. Urinary tract blockage is very treatable.. Faith has nothing to do with it.. Your talking to someone who has had a lot of open heart surgeries.. My faith if you will in medical technology is well founded.. Probably more founded than most people on this board...

I make no assumption.. He would have been better off..
He would at least have had a chance. Faith healing gives none.

We need tort reform.

Which would allow even MORE incompetence in the medical field.

I don't know.. It depends on the reform.. I want to see doctors tried as criminals when they screw up.. I want to see a doctor charged with negligent homocide like these parents when something they do results in a death.. I want real punishment.. Paying the victims millions of dollars and allowing him to practice the next day is crazy and solves nothing..

There needs to be a cap on damages.. But there also needs to be real punishments..

Forum List

Back