Defense budget cuts Presidential helicopters

• Banned
OMG Common Sense detected in a political move!
Take cover, that can only mean Armageddon is at hand!

Common sense tells me that these helicopters were kept in the budget when they were, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 years behind schedule. Wonder what kind of idiot kept these things in the budget?

The newly announced Defense budget calls for the elimination of 23 new Presidential helicopters. The helicopters are 6 years behind schedule and several billion dollars over budget.

Let's have a round of applause for the Chief cutting this crap off the budget.

Gates announces major Pentagon priority shifts - CNN.com

"Gates maintained that a new fleet of presidential helicopters will still ultimately be necessary, however."

Let's wait until a few years down the road when the price doubles.

• Banned
The newly announced Defense budget calls for the elimination of 23 new Presidential helicopters. The helicopters are 6 years behind schedule and several billion dollars over budget.

"Gates maintained that a new fleet of presidential helicopters will still ultimately be necessary, however."

Meanwhile, let's make a common sense decision and not pay double what we agreed upon for helicopters that are 6 years late.

Meanwhile, let's make a common sense decision and not pay double what we agreed upon for helicopters that are 6 yesrs late.

It's just business as usual in Washington. It appears Obama is saving the country $13 billion. However, he's just prolonging the inevitable and it will eventually end up costing the taxpayers even more. Obama has a long way to go to make up for the more than $1 trillion that he's spent so far.

• Banned

Meanwhile, let's make a common sense decision and not pay double what we agreed upon for helicopters that are 6 yesrs late.

It's just business as usual in Washington. It appears Obama is saving the country $13 billion. However, he's just prolonging the inevitable and it will eventually end up costing the taxpayers even more. Obama has a long way to go to make up for the more than $1 trillion that he's spent so far.

Nah...."Usual" would describe the five preceding years when these late, over budget helicopters were left on the bill. You can understand that 5 years would be closer to "usual" than cutting them out in the first year in office ?

5 times = usual

0 times = unusual

You failing to acknowledge a common sense move = usual.

Someone whose buddy produces these Helicoptors?

Note that a lot of stuff is WAY behind scedule in any military procurement effort. The PZH2000 (most modern artillery peice) was originally desinged for mass combat operations against the Warsaw pact. After a lot of delays (it was supposed to come operational around 1995), some marketing genious at KMW (Krauss Maffei Wegman, German Military firm for military hardware) came to the idea to call the thing PZH2000. Obviously, they didnt manage to deliver it before 2002.
Still the results were better than those of the American Crusader Programm. The Crusader was the American awnser to the PZH2000 (Cant have the ugly Krauts get better stuff than you do eh?), but the porject was abandoned after huge investments.
On the subject of Germany, there is still no sign of the PZ2000, the sister (brother?) piece of a new Main Battle tank corresponding to Germanys new self propelled Artillery piece.

The thing is, the MIC works a bit like Nigerian internet criminals.
A Nigeriean internet criminal works like that, they approach people with money an ask them to "help them" with large scale money transfers out of Nigeria, and promise them a provision. Of course, the provision never happens, but the costs for "fees", "bribes" and so on go on and on.
The victims rarely "leave", since they already invested so much that they have difficulties in forfeiting their already commenced investments.

The MIC promises a country protection and firepower, for a "reasonable price", which will also increase and increase over time. Again, the countries politicians will be highly relucant to "leave" the contract, since that would make the previously invested money worthless.
One of the advantadges of a Democracy is that, after a change of the ruling party, the whole thing gets reviewed by the other side which will be much less attached to the already commenced investments.

Basically, I would wager to say that a republican administration coming into power after a democratic one will also scrap programms, although they will propably focus on Social ones.

I really wonder why those claiming to want a Free Market invest the most money in the MIC which has nothing to do with free market at all.

Nah...."Usual" would describe the five preceding years when these late, over budget helicopters were left on the bill. You can understand that 5 years would be closer to "usual" than cutting them out in the first year in office ?

5 times = usual

0 times = unusual

Nice. A insult from Peejay. You made my day!

I would ask you to read the story again to get all the facts straight, but that would be too much trouble. Good day.

5 times = usual

0 times = unusual

I would ask you to read the story again to get all the facts straight, but that would be too much trouble. Good day.
How is stating a truth an insult, exactly?

This thread is just more proof that if Obama was Ronnie reborn, the wingnuts would still fault him because he's one of those dreaded Dems. It's like watching a football rivalry.

5 times = usual

0 times = unusual

This thread is just more proof that if Obama was Ronnie reborn, the wingnuts would still fault him because he's one of those dreaded Dems. It's like watching a football rivalry.

I love your troll posts! They're so funny!

For people other than Ravi, here's the insult:

As I've clearly stated, this is not a common sense move, but the left wingnuts will think it is.

Thanks again, Ravi, for the troll post!

OMG Common Sense detected in a political move!
Take cover, that can only mean Armageddon is at hand!

Common sense tells me that these helicopters were kept in the budget when they were, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 years behind schedule. Wonder what kind of idiot kept these things in the budget?

I'm just so happy that the facts are make the right wingers look stupid.

They cry that Obama cutting defense spending is going to make us less safe, and then you find this kind of defense spending, which has nothing to do with keeping us safe.

This is exactly the kind of defense spending I was talking about.

But right wingers ignore the facts and just stick to the montra that, "dems won't keep us safe". I'm glad people aren't buying it anymore.

Besides the record pork the GOP spent in 2004-2006, besides the wars, Defense fraud/corruption/waste was the other big way the GOP doubled the debt and bankrupt the treasury.

Thank you for showing that Obama is doing the right thing.

But no matter how good he is, the GOP will say he sucks.

As I've clearly stated, this is not a common sense move, but the left wingnuts will think it is.

I love your troll posts. If troll means dishonest, nonsensical rambling.

I love your troll posts. If troll means dishonest, nonsensical rambling.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

xsited1 is turning into a professional victim right before our eyes.

Obama is spending too much money....WAAAHHHH

Obama is saving too much money......WAAAHHHH

This is sooooo much fun.

Waitress, oh waitress.....I think I'll have the flounder.

This is sooooo much fun.

Sealybob, Ravi and now Peejay. What a perfect left wingnut trio.

And for those with a brain: you don't save money by waiting to spend money on something that you will need that will only go up in price with time.

This is sooooo much fun.

Sealybob, Ravi and now Peejay. What a perfect left wingnut trio.

And for those with a brain: you don't save money by waiting to spend money on something that you will need that will only go up in price with time.

Waaahhh.....waaaahhhh.....

Forum List

Back