Defense bill totals 4 BILLION in EARMARKS, Change you CAN'T beleive in.

Ohh I know. realistically we passed that point years ago. But strangely all those who said anything about it were ridiculed by all the right wing pundits of the various forms of media.
NOW! you begin to worry about it. Well Halleulah and pass the bullets, but it is too late. PNR is passed.

Here we go again, more earmarks after the President promised to put an end to this outrageous spending--- and this at a time of 10% + unemployment.

Defense Bill Earmarks Total $4 Billion - WSJ.com

Among the earmarks in the Defense bill: $18.9 million for the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Senate sponsored by Sen. John Kerry (D., Mass.); a $23 million item for the Hawaii Healthcare Network, sponsored by Senate appropriations Chairman Daniel Inouye (D., Hawaii); a $20 million appropriation for the National World War II museum in New Orleans, by Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu and Republican Sen. David Vitter of Louisiana; and $5 million for a Heritage Center at San Francisco's historic Presidio, an item included by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in her "community funding requests."

Ms. Landrieu said in a statement that she was "proud" to secure the museum funding, which will be used to pay for the construction of a new wing that will include aircraft, tanks and landing vehicles used during the war. A spokesman for Ms. Pelosi said the Presidio item was requested by the Presidio Trust, adding that it was for rehabilitation of the Officers Club, a local landmark.

One of the larger spending items is a $300 million appropriation touted by Reps. Jim Moran (D., Va.) and Chris Van Hollen (D., Md.), among others, to improve their region's overstressed transportation system. The road widenings are justified by expanding operations at area military facilities, including new hospital facilities.

"Congress is committed to building world class facilities for our wounded warriors in the national capital region, and these funds are an integral part of that effort," Mr. Van Hollen said.

"No more back room deals"--My administration will be "transparent"--I am going to cut "earmarks"--all stated by Barack Obama---:lol::lol:

Change you can believe in---:lol::lol:

$smallpromoobama_s_promises.jpg

Ohh I know. realistically we passed that point years ago. But strangely all those who said anything about it were ridiculed by all the right wing pundits of the various forms of media.
NOW! you begin to worry about it. Well Halleulah and pass the bullets, but it is too late. PNR is passed.

Well, it was not me who did not ridicule outrageous spending, so you need to get off the wagon on that. Do you have any clue why these tea parties? They have had enough of this and they are DEMOCRATS, REPUBLICANS AND INDEPENDENTS who have come together to stop this TRAIN WRECK.

I have alwasys been against pork barrel spending no matter who was in power, the REASON the Republicans lost the house and the senate was because of this ridiculous spending, something you try to deny. You think you saw a change in congress and the senate then, just wait until Nov 2010 when you see a tsunami wash the house and the senate out.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Your continous statements about being a partisan hack apply to YOU!!! Otherwise you would be just as incensed about the waste and fraud going on with YOUR tax dollar as millions of others are.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

14% better than Bush boys :beer: I will take what improvement I can get.

But keep a whining and spinning there boys.

You are a complete ignoramus and fool. WHo controlled Congress last year? Who ran on retaking Congress and eliminating earmarks? It was Pelosi, if you're too lazy to look it up. Obama just jumped on the bandwagon. And now has fallen off the wagon.
If the Dums had been serious they could have eliminated every earmark. This is yet another example of Dums lying to get office and then rewarding their cronies in the unions and on Wall St once they get power. The most hypocritical governing party in history.

Here we go again, more earmarks after the President promised to put an end to this outrageous spending--- and this at a time of 10% + unemployment.

Among the earmarks in the Defense bill: $18.9 million for the Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the Senate sponsored by Sen. John Kerry (D., Mass.); a $23 million item for the Hawaii Healthcare Network, sponsored by Senate appropriations Chairman Daniel Inouye (D., Hawaii); a $20 million appropriation for the National World War II museum in New Orleans, by Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu and Republican Sen. David Vitter of Louisiana; and $5 million for a Heritage Center at San Francisco's historic Presidio, an item included by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in her "community funding requests."

Ms. Landrieu said in a statement that she was "proud" to secure the museum funding, which will be used to pay for the construction of a new wing that will include aircraft, tanks and landing vehicles used during the war. A spokesman for Ms. Pelosi said the Presidio item was requested by the Presidio Trust, adding that it was for rehabilitation of the Officers Club, a local landmark.

One of the larger spending items is a $300 million appropriation touted by Reps. Jim Moran (D., Va.) and Chris Van Hollen (D., Md.), among others, to improve their region's overstressed transportation system. The road widenings are justified by expanding operations at area military facilities, including new hospital facilities.

"Congress is committed to building world class facilities for our wounded warriors in the national capital region, and these funds are an integral part of that effort," Mr. Van Hollen said.

"No more back room deals"--My administration will be "transparent"--I am going to cut "earmarks"--all stated by Barack Obama---:lol::lol:

Change you can believe in---:lol::lol:

View attachment 9058

Umm somehow you left out this from the first of the article you quoted.
The earmarking total for 2010 represented a 14% drop from last year's defense bill, according to an analysis by Taxpayers for Common Sense, a watchdog group that is critical of the process. The House included language in its defense bill that could subject earmarks for for-profit companies to full and open competition. But the Senate resisted, meaning that senators apparently will continue to set aside spending for favored companies, the group said.

Oh railing against those evil Earmarks is just sooo 2008 for the Democrats. That was during their "Blame Boooooosh!!" era when they were trying to gain power. Now that they have all the power those evil Earmarks ain't so evil anymore. Give them all the boot in 2010. Now that would be change we could all truly believe in.

Forum List

Back