Defective Used Cars Often Sold Despite Recalls

We just can't have government protecting us from everything. Sometimes we actually have to take some personal responsibility when we research a used car.
You can go to Carfax and search for used cars. Every car on that site has a free carfax report.
I was looking at a used 2013 Nissan Pathfinder and when I clicked the Carfax report I saw it was a LEMON buyback. The dealer wasn't hiding anything. It was right there.
Carfax is a LOT cheaper than another government agency!

I am not asking the government to protect us from everything. I just don't want to leave it up to individual buyers to make those critical Carfax checks on their own. If the buyer was just putting him or herself at risk by not using Carfax (poor people might not have the funds for Carfax} I might agree with you. However, it doesn't take a genius to see that the risk to innocent people who might not even own a car is far central to my premise. Kids riding bicycles, pedestrians or people in other cars all could fall victim to the potential deadly force of a 2000+ bomb on wheels capable of moving at speeds exceeding 75 Mph

ALL manufacturers will provide you free recall information on any specific vehicle. Just call a dealership, give them the VIN and they will look it up and tell if there are any recalls that haven't been completed .

Forum List

Back