Defeat the deficit without cutting spending

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Sign here if you believe spending cuts should be off the table as part of a comprehensive plan to get the deficit under control.

Guess nobody believes it, which is good. I do think we need to be smart about it though, drastically cuttin gov't spending at a time like this when the economy seems to be very fragile might not be ther wisest course of action. For the life of me I don't understand why we don't go after the fraud and waste in our entitlement programs right now. Thousands of dead people getting benefits, WTF?

I posted a thread somewhere about the various federal dept's that could be cut, it totaled out to over a trillion bucks in one year. Again, let's not do it all at once, but damn, let's do it.

Cut spending and return taxes to what they were before the idiot Bush was in office.

If you cut spending the 2000 budget, I would consider supporting the same tax structure that was there. If we cut the budget to that, we would have a balanced budget and be paying off debt.

Clueless...
Of course no one has "signed here".
I don't even think TM believes spending cuts are not necessary.

The OP made a thread for both cutting the deficit without cutting spending and cutting the deficit without raising taxes.

Spending cuts off the board? That would be just as stupid as tax increases being off the board

You can't reduce the size of the debt without addressing BOTH

No spending cuts? That is about as nonsensical as it can get. Even liberals continually advocate cutting military spending. Taxation drains wealth from the productive sector. And never in history have taxes been raised and the debt reduced. Tax hikes are always followed by spending hikes. Washington can't resist.

Spending cuts off the board? That would be just as stupid as tax increases being off the board

So which one of 'both' do you think needs addressing the most? :smoke:

I like $3 spending for every $1 tax increase

Serious question, would that even amount to anything?

What I mean is, even if you raised taxes to where you would get 100 billion extra a year, 300 billion in cuts when you need like an EASY 1.5 TRILLION in cuts to make ends meet.

Then the question is, who gets these new taxes, by how much and in years to follow will that revenue pool shrink as these people either stop investing/hide their money or whatever else to avoid the new taxes like anyone would do... because it WILL happen.

Even moving to Clinton era tax rates would be HUGE amounts less in tax collections simply because we are not in the middle of TWO bubbles like Clinton was... On top of that we are spending vastly more.

Last edited:

So which one of 'both' do you think needs addressing the most? :smoke:

I like $3 spending for every $1 tax increase
Why that specific ratio, exactly? Why not $4 spending for $1 tax increase, or $3.5 spending for every $1 tax increase, or $2.5 for every $1 tax increase?

Cut spending and return taxes to what they were before the idiot Bush was in office.
Yeah, lets see, higher taxes will work. Wrong, only an idiot like you and clinton ,obamaturd and the other idiot dimwits believe that.

Forum List

Back